Chronicle collectibles T-800 life size bust: Terminator Genisys.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
even though the movie will no doubt blow, if they can chrome this and maybe make the head rotate, it will sell very good around $500. SS screwed the pooch by not doing a Endo like the T600, with chest and shoulders.

61EVxvS.jpg

More info from Paul.
Genisys Skull is at least 50% different than the T2 skull, I have them sitting here side by side and as soon as we can share I will start a post with all of the cool details.

The entire skeleton is 100% different, every part was changed and improved.

Similar yes, the same no......

Paul

Well the part in bold is debatable.

I would tend to agree, but I'm a bit more willing to trust the new Endo will be great.. being that Legacy (Stan Winston Studios) is handling the new FX work.
(Can't speak for the movie itself though.) :/

If it was some other company I'd be angry about it.

I can only imagine how much more amazing the creatures would have been in AVP if they had actually involved Stan Winston on that project.

Movie would have probably been just as disappointing I imagine, but the Alien and Predator designs would have been amazing.

It made me angry to find out they didn't even try to reach out to him.

"In 2004, he expressed great disappointment when director*Paul W. S. Anderson*did not come to him for the creature effects for*Alien vs. Predator, seeing as how he designed the Predator and the Alien Queen. "They're like my children to me," he stated."

:(

Anyways, more on point.. I'm curious to see more of Legacy's new Endo.

It's on the very first post for you to see. It's okay, but better than the original? No. Same situation as when James Cameron decided not to involve H.R Giger in the development of Aliens.

It's on the very first post for you to see. It's okay, but better than the original? No. Same situation as when James Cameron decided not to involve H.R Giger in the development of Aliens.
Right, I saw that image when I first started following this post.

I think it looks great from what I can see.

I mean I'm looking good forward to seeing more close up detail of what they built.

From what I can see, I think they did a great job of staying true to Stan's original design, yet making it look a bit more sleek and sharp.

..and its not exactly the same as not asking Giger back. While his original designs and influence are undeniable, he's more a concept artist / sculptor, not so much a movie FX producer like Winston Studios.

Not going after Stan Winston Studios for the FX work on a movie project like AVP was madness. :/

The alien was his baby, they didn't even ask him to update it and he issued a similar letter of disappointment. Same thing imo. In both cases they were the obvious choice. Still, I like a lot of ADIs work, I think they were just very limited with what they were allowed to create for that movie.

I actually like AVP. Like the heavy armored preds, the Queen. Pyramid design too.
Only thing I'd change is the chick, for some reason she rubbed me the wrong way.

As for this endo - Totally hate the new breasplate, but don't think it will be made with the bust. So, if they cut it just above it, and include the shoulders, I'm in.

Nothing new, but from the newsletter:

"As you may already know, we have secured the license for*1:1scale props and scaled figures for Terminator Genisys. We're working on a T-800 Endoskull bust currently and will have pictures to show as soon as our prototypes are ready.* We are also releasing a*1:1*scale full Endoskeleton, and an Arnold Schwarzenegger 1/4 scale figurine. Several other projects are in the works, as well, but we can't give away all the secrets just yet."

I beg to differ, a 1:1 endoskeleton and a 1/4 Arrnold. Not to mention the bust and the 1/4 endoskeleton Legacy are working on and a Hunter killer. Hopefully pics will be up next week for the bust.

does chronicle have "flex pay" options? I need a 1:1 endo in my life. Missed the clean SS version.

I actually like AVP. Like the heavy armored preds, the Queen. Pyramid design too.
Only thing I'd change is the chick, for some reason she rubbed me the wrong way.

107790iFF82D57F5EA958DB

compare.jpg

Speaking from a design and execution stand point.. what Stan Winston Studios did back then with a limited budget and time vs what ADI did on AVP... it makes my blood boil as a fan of the Alien and Predator movies.

I just... I mean.. Argh!! Just look at those two side by side. :mad: What the hell is ADI's excuse for that? They had way more time, budget, and technology compared to what Winston Studios had on the original.

Even in the few moments that some of the Predators might have looked decent...
orig_avpbluray663.jpg

they remind me of Klingons more then Predators. I think its too much big armor and it doesn't help that the armor looks the same dull boring gray on every single one of them. No variety at all, nothing like what Stan Winston gave us with those great designs we see at the end of Predator 2.

This all just goes back to me saying I wish Anderson had done the right thing and hired Stan Winston Studios for this movie.

I remember interviews with that guy back when this movie was coming out and he kept going on about how big of a fan of the original Predator and Aliens films he was, well if that was true.. he should have been just as obsessed with Stan Winston's work as I was back then.
Even more so being he's a damn film maker. :pfft:

Well Instead, we got this...

bise2h.jpg
2nk71op.jpg

Those designs...
2604354-3777669238-3907593-8870966785-proxy

:horse

..back on point.

I'm very interested in the possibilities of a 1:1 Endo from Chronicle.

From Paul
"I think that having Legacy produce the masters for these pieces adds to the heritage.

Our motto is Artifact, Artist-----------ART!

Even our 1-1 Skull was cast direct from Legacy's masters, so it's as close to the original as possible.

The new Endo is about twice the parts of the T2 Endo so the detail level is killer."

Awesome news to me! Authenticity.. and straight from Legacy Studios molds? Hell Yes! :yess:

I get what Paul is saying. I had the pleasure to stop by and meet team Chronicle a couple of days ago. I got to see the TG Endo laid out and the torso and legs of a screen used T2 Endo and the details are night and day and that's what he is getting at.

Up close you can really see the hand made details of the T2 piece. While it has character... it is character that is not needed on a "machined" part.

And while I'm at it - let me say that the Cain, Terror Dog and ED209 are beautiful in person.

Wanted to get the dog, but was worried it will look too plastic-ish in hand... Still debating about getting it...hm....

Love the AVP predators. Can't get enough of them.
75483-Jim-Carrey-OH-COME-ON-gif-ZK0t.gif

Haha.. :stick
I keed, I keed.

Wanted to get the dog, but was worried it will look too plastic-ish in hand... Still debating about getting it...hm....

I was a bit concerned about that too when I saw some early pics, but some of the new images Paul shared look awesome to me. Looks dead on to the stop-motion dog (as it should being from the same mold).
The detail, the color, I love what I see so far. Seems like in some pics the finished models look better then the prototype to me. With only 250 of them having the signed plaque, I had to get in on the signature edition. :D

10914797_1537388566520983_3875496281036154736_o.jpg
This magnificent beast will look great displayed next to my Proton Pack. :yess:
...just need to find a big enough pedestal to display him on. :panic:

Back