Check out the Slug...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Ringer said:
I don't know about this line,Anikan vs. Obi-wan is cool but this space terd?

I wouldn't judge the line by the slug, I'm sure we'll see similar pieces in the line, but it's a convention exclusive meany to be minimal in box size for those getting it, and to be not so spectacular so as not to cause any issues with the non-attendees, Sideshow likes to reward conventions goers, but they also make good efforst to stand up for those that can't make it to these things, and that's one thing I love about them.

DarthNeil said:
I'd say $150 then... a nice price for an exclusive convention piece...

if over $100, then both these retail outlets will be selling them at a loss, I can't see that happening nor can it be a pricing error as both sites have roughly the same price

Karma said:
if over $100, then both these retail outlets will be selling them at a loss, I can't see that happening nor can it be a pricing error as both sites have roughly the same price

So you're thinking in the $79-89 range? Even better.

I'm not getting it, because I hate the scale. I admire Sideshow attempting something that will probably never be done again, but too lifeless for me. But if they made it an ES of say 300, man people will be all over this.

Polystoner said:
I'm not getting it, because I hate the scale. I admire Sideshow attempting something that will probably never be done again, but too lifeless for me. But if they made it an ES of say 300, man people will be all over this.

es is 2000

occulum said:
I think its pretty cool for what it is.

the pole bothers me a little, but Im not sure how else they couldve done it

I don't like the pole either. At least have it be matte black.
Or better yet - have the Falcon attached to a clear piece of plastic that is attached to the mouth at the top teeth and the bottom teeth. The Falcon would appear to be suspended in space at the opening of the mouth.

It's actually larger than I expected and I'm happy about that. I had feared that we were going to be getting a little pocket sized trinket and it seems to have a larger footprint than that--comparable to the size of a human head. I certainly won't be hanging mine on the wall, but I am definitely going to try and pick one up this week so I can have one to set on my desk. It's uniqe and I really like it now that I see the whole thing, and I'm pleased with the size being larger than some hints had indicated.

Sorry for people who likes this but I did not understand why shall I want to buy a slug which looks like a ...

When SS first announces this line as Environmental, I was expecting like SSW LOTR environmental pieces like golden hall, mines of moria, minas morgul...etc and I got excited because SW has real nice enviromentals.

But there is no way I will be paying even 20 $ for this piece

just my two cents

Looks nicely done but I can't help but feel it's yet another item SSC are releasing so they don't have to tackle the more difficult to do pieces for a bit longer.

Not one of Sideshow's most artistic pieces. The mini MF is excellent, however the white post holding it in place sticks out like a sore thumb. Pass.

I'll pass on this. It is a nice piece though.

On a side note , I've always wondered if the Falcon shot out of the Slugs mouth, did it enter the Slug from it's ...butt?

Darthrazz said:

On a side note , I've always wondered if the Falcon shot out of the Slugs mouth, did it enter the Slug from it's ...butt?

LOL... I'm pretty sure it could turn around in there. :D

It is most certainly larger than I expected --- ha, ha, get it out now. :lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl

I think I'll get one too.

Again, a PERFECT exclusive. A- Something not everyone will want, so no hard feelings on missing out on the exclusive, B- Smaller and easier to carry around a convention and C- Still from the original movie and keeping it true to the line. I think I'll pass for sure, still nice.

Darthrazz said:

Starslug.gif

Probably. :eek:

Back