Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's correct. Even though the hasbro is a little bigger than it should be for the scale, it's more accurate in terms of detail the undersized SSC lacks. The new HT looks better but I'm curious to see how it sizes up & looks up close in hand.

Sorry to post here Chakaman, but here's the only pic I could find with the new pistol in Luke's hand. It's beautifully painted but looks a bit undersized to me, and also you can't see it in this pic, but the trigger and trigger guard area has a very basic/blocky sculpt - not sure why that is.

TgqAqSt.png

That does look better than the SSC version. I agree that it does looks small.
Some time back I was interested in a 1/1 scale & looked back at some of the references I found while researching. Suppose if you really want to get picky & down to the specs, the pellet gun used as the base for the original prop was 35cm long. Converted to 1/6 would be about 58.3mm. Curious if HT got closer to that number than the other two.

No worries guys. :)

As I get moved in and setup, I realize how many unfinished projects I have. I have acquired a lot of parts and cool custom outfits over the past couple of years. It's time I put them to use.

I did some touch up work to Hrchek Kal Fas and started the second Saurin from the cantina...

20180617_015121.jpg

I started a very rough mockup of Velken Tezeri from ROTJ...

20180617_014807.jpg

Its also time to finish Taym dren-garen...

20180617_015058.jpg

Very nice.:clap I always wondered what those little tassel things are - I built some of those for my Fozec.

Very nice.:clap I always wondered what those little tassel things are - I built some of those for my Fozec.

Thanks man. I'm not sure about the tassels really. I would imagine they are like Weequay braids. Maybe they represent something?

Quick update. I gave my Cantina Duros an update. He had been bagged up for a year or so. I repainted his hands and his head. I weathered up his outfit, made a new belt and added some pouches to it.

20180630_133445.jpg

I did one of these a few years ago, but I never did really finish him. It is a Stormtrooper Commander in battle gear.

As I'm still moving in, I'm going through boxes and all my parts. I totally forgot that I had started this. I'm going to add some details to him, but here is. I may switch up the leg armor to kind of copy the Shoretrooper design. Not sure yet.

20180701_225606.jpg

I also came across all my spare Endor Rebel Soldier gear. It made me want to do a trooper to go with my Prune Face...

20180701_225535.jpg

Awesome! I'm planning on doing a B-Wing pilot soon myself. I've got the DeAgostini helmet which should look pretty good on a Sullustian.

Duane, I just tried PMing you about the chestbox but your inbox is full. I'd love to get one.

What are the clothing details on this custom by the way?

Hey mate. Here are the outfit components..

-SSC Boba Fett prototype suit.
-SSC TIE Fighter pilot gloves.
-Dragon British Marines boots and gaiters.
-Custom built vest, chestbox (Enaud).
-Custom head sculpt (Enaud), painted by myself.

More work done on Velken Tezeri..

20180726_194448.jpg

I am also going through and updating my Skiff guards with new bandoliers and holsters etc. First up, Kithaba. New headwraps, ammo pouches and bandolier...

20180726_194422.jpg
20180726_194355.jpg

Swapped out the HT inner robe in favor of the Sideshow robe.

After a water treatment to the robe....

20180727_165310.jpg

Very pleased with the results.

Back