Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started working on a Endor soldier to go with my Prune Face. Repainted the Sideshow outfit...

20180727_220858.jpg

That new commando color looks spot-on.

And wow, that HT ESB Fett helmet is a big improvement over the SSC version.

That new commando color looks spot-on.

And wow, that HT ESB Fett helmet is a big improvement over the SSC version.

Thanks. Looking forward to finishing the Commando.

I didn't want to spend $250+ for another Fett. I figured I would grab the new HT helmet and see what that looked like on my modded Sideshow v1. I like the results. I need to do a few more things to it still.

that's a fine fancy fett friend.......:)

great pose......man in the suit look

Thanks. Looking forward to finishing the Commando.

I didn't want to spend $250+ for another Fett. I figured I would grab the new HT helmet and see what that looked like on my modded Sideshow v1. I like the results. I need to do a few more things to it still.

Yeah, I just grabbed one too. I used some points at PC to order the DX Fett for about $220 shipped, but this is becoming an insanely expensive hobby when there really are no figs sub-$210 anymore.

But even going for the parts can get you into trouble. I realized I have spent $400 at TA in a month so I really need to backtrack things a bit.:horror

It is handy though - I've managed to piece together a full HT-based "background" (for e-web set-up) snowie for about $120 using TA part-outs and some shortcuts like custom coat and boots.

Thanks Barry, pretty happy with my Fett. It seems like these figures are always evolving. They are never finished as far as I am concerned.

I hear ya Talibane. With prices these days, it's hard to keep up.

I did get my custom Leia dress this week. It was quite the endeavor, but after 2 years here we are. :yess:

20180830_204721.jpg
20180830_204657.jpg

Where'd you get the dress, Chaka? That looks great.

Got a pic of the back of the dress? I'm curious to see how the hood turned out.

Wonderful looking heroes there! Yunsil dress finally came through for many lucky guys. Congrats.
Boba with the new bucket look big good as well.

Where'd you get the dress, Chaka? That looks great.

Got a pic of the back of the dress? I'm curious to see how the hood turned out.

Thanks. Here you go.

20180903_191206.jpg

Wonderful looking heroes there! Yunsil dress finally came through for many lucky guys. Congrats.
Boba with the new bucket look big good as well.

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words.

Yes, I feel very fortunate to have secured a Yunsil Leia dress.

Working on my ESB Boba Fett. I added black web belt. I have some Dylon dye coming for the flight suit. I need to tweak the forearms a bit to get gauntlets to fit.

Everything is SSC v1 with HT helmet.

20180914_211324.jpg

hey Chris I have the V2 chest armor coming is the color and design better then the V1? I would love to find a loose HT helmet but no luck as of yet.

Looking good! I’m still trying to wrap my head around Boba Fett. I don’t know where to start.

hey Chris I have the V2 chest armor coming is the color and design better then the V1? I would love to find a loose HT helmet but no luck as of yet.

I don't know, I don't have any V2 stuff.

Looking good! I’m still trying to wrap my head around Boba Fett. I don’t know where to start.

I know what you mean Will. This is just a mock-up. I may go with another body, not sure I like this one. There are so many things to consider to achieve the "man in the suit" look. Lucky for us, tons of good info here on these boards.

I have some dye coming this week for the flight suit. Hoping to tackle that next weekend. Also want to mod chest armor and add fabric to gloves to hide the wrist joints.

Lookin' good :)

Thanks man.

Here he is all suited up. SSC v1 Fett, dyed flight suit with HT helmet.

20180921_130944.jpg

20180921_130712.jpg

20180921_130913.jpg

I will probably repaint the chest armor down the road. For mow I am happy with the results.

Back