Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snowtroopers look great, Chris. Love that weathering on the pants.

Man I love those Snowtroopers.
Wicked start on Merrick too.

For Merrick heads, you could take a gander at some of the ones here, like 28 or 38. Would need some modding to fit a HT type body, but could work great.

https://www.antheads.co.uk/catguide/heads

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

Thanks for the input on Merrick sculpts. I have ordered the Blue Leader helmet decal set. Should have it next week. Looking forward to finishing him up.

Blue Leader's helmet, coming together. Decals are nice, but wrong colors. I decided to repaint them. Slow process.

20170902_130556.jpg

20170902_130533.jpg

Lots of touchups, weathering to do still.

Very nice - can't wait to see this one all done.

I thought about casting my Red 5 helmet, but then thought it would be so hard to do the emblems etc. Great to see there is a decals option available.

Who did your suit? Was that Enaud?

Thanks Ron.

Very nice - can't wait to see this one all done.

I thought about casting my Red 5 helmet, but then thought it would be so hard to do the emblems etc. Great to see there is a decals option available.

Who did your suit? Was that Enaud?

Thanks. The decals are nice, but they are the wrong color. You need to repaint them.

It's a good thing they give you extra decals, the super small ones are a pain to apply. It's tedious, but worth it in the end.

Yes , Enaud made the suit for me.

I just noticed that I started my thread 7 years ago today. Wow, where does the time go?

I have dealt with a lot of really great people and made some really good friends over the years here.

It's been a lot of fun.

Thanks guys.

I just noticed that I started my thread 7 years ago today. Wow, where does the time go?

I have dealt with a lot of really great people and made some really good friends over the years here.

It's been a lot of fun.

Thanks guys.

Your thread has been a real inspiration for me to create customs.

I always thought of this thread as the "Christmas morning thread" due to those magic pics of your customs line-ups, and you making characters no company had ever made in 1/6, but looking just as good as if a company had made them.:clap

Thank you for the inspiration!

Always love checking out this thread to see what you are up to.

-
Dennis

Your thread has been a real inspiration for me to create customs.

I always thought of this thread as the "Christmas morning thread" due to those magic pics of your customs line-ups, and you making characters no company had ever made in 1/6, but looking just as good as if a company had made them.:clap

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that. :)

Some more progress made on Blue leader helmet. The nice thing about this design, is the helmet is quite dirty and the paint work is quite messy in some areas. It makes covering up mistakes a little easier. I really like the design of this helmet.

20170904_012840.jpg
20170904_012814.jpg
20170904_012757.jpg

I need to do a few more touch-ups, then I can say that with a matte finish.

Definitely glad to have befriended you and the others over this time, Chris. Keep the good works coming.

Really glad to have met you through this forum man. You've been quite an inspiration in getting me into 1/6 customizing beyond the realm of clone troopers. And you're a really great friend.

Good to see you still at it and kicking ass on the customs front. Long road and good times huh?
Keep on :rock:rock:rock

Thanks Chakaman for all your great work and for sharing it.

Cheers man, thanks. :)

Definitely glad to have befriended you and the others over this time, Chris. Keep the good works coming.

Same here Will. Thanks, I appreciate it. Glad to have you back.

Awesome work on the Merrick! I can't wait to star working on mine too.

Thanks man. The work you did on your pilots is fantastic. Really looking forward to seeing your version of Blue Leader.

Really glad to have met you through this forum man. You've been quite an inspiration in getting me into 1/6 customizing beyond the realm of clone troopers. And you're a really great friend.

Likewise dude. Thanks. :)

Good to see you still at it and kicking ass on the customs front. Long road and good times huh?
Keep on :rock:rock:rock

Thanks man. Good times indeed. You still have your Troop Transport? That was one of the neatest builds I've ever seen.

Good hearing from you my friend.

Back