Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some more work done on Blue Leader. I received the HT Jim Gordon sculpt. Painted the moustache, dremmeled it down so it fit in helmet. Repainted the TFA Han Solo gloves, added greeblies. I still need to reattach the Mic and do some more weathering. I also need to touch up some paint work on the helmet.

He is getting there.

20170908_233409.jpg
20170908_233318.jpg
20170908_233245.jpg
20170908_233342.jpg

Master customizer level stuff. Love it.:clap

Always fun to see the wip. I always forget to take wip pics (or I'm stressed something isn't going to work out.):slap:lol

Thanks Ed.

Master customizer level stuff. Love it.:clap

Always fun to see the wip. I always forget to take wip pics (or I'm stressed something isn't going to work out.):slap:lol

Cheers Duncan. :) I forget sometimes myself. I usually do it it just so I can see close-ups of what I'm working on.

20170909_092939.jpg
20170909_092917.jpg
20170909_092857.jpg

I know they never met, but still cool....

20170909_092835.jpg

Man that looks awesome! Really great head choice.
Man, we need more pilots in 6 scale...not to mention 1/10.

If you know someone with a vinyl plotter, you could rig up a stand decal pretty easily.
36746027996_7d2db587e6_c.jpg

I did this for my Bespin Han just for fun. If I still worked at my old job I'd do you up some, but I'm at a different place now...but would be happy to vectorize some emblems for you if you want 'em.

Damn, looks good. How do you like your SS Red 5, Chris??

I can't decide if I prefer that or Snowspeeder Luke more. I really want a cast of Luke Red 5 sculpt.

Man that looks awesome! Really great head choice.
Man, we need more pilots in 6 scale...not to mention 1/10.

If you know someone with a vinyl plotter, you could rig up a stand decal pretty easily.
36746027996_7d2db587e6_c.jpg

I did this for my Bespin Han just for fun. If I still worked at my old job I'd do you up some, but I'm at a different place now...but would be happy to vectorize some emblems for you if you want 'em.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not much into figure stand decals. I appreciate the kind words about my custom.

Great custom, Chaka! :clap

Yeah, the potential disaster in progress pics. :lol

Thanks man. :)

Fantastic! :clap

Thanks Steven. :)

Luke's helmet is completely repainted or partially?

I did a complete repaint on it. I used nail polish remover on it first, then repainted. The nail polish remover got rid of most of the factory paint. It was easy to paint after that.

Damn, looks good. How do you like your SS Red 5, Chris??

I can't decide if I prefer that or Snowspeeder Luke more. I really want a cast of Luke Red 5 sculpt.

Thanks dude. I like it I may have any extra headsculpt if you are interested. Let me know.

Thanks dude. I like it I may have any extra headsculpt if you are interested. Let me know.

For reals? Send me your paypal and i'll drop some coin. Don't consider anything else, do not hook me up. Seriously, this would probably go on a stormtrooper Luke.

For reals? Send me your paypal and i'll drop some coin. Don't consider anything else, do not hook me up. Seriously, this would probably go on a stormtrooper Luke.

You got it. Let me check out the condition of it when I get home.

I'm out of town for work, I return home tonight.

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't posted anything or have been slow to reply to messages the past few weeks, I have been pretty busy. I accepted a new job that will have me relocating to Nebraska. With that, comes moving. With that comes the difficult task of boxing up and storing my collection.

I never really thought I would have to move and lose this display space. Family comes first though. Hopefully with this new opportunity professionally, I will be able to find or design even a better space for my stuff in our new home. In the meantime, I have spent the past couple of weekends carefully boxing up my figures.

I have seen others on these forums have to box up their collections. I really had no idea what a massive task it was. Hopefully this is the last time I have to do this. It will probably be a year or so before I get these guys out again and set them up properly. I probably also won't have any time or ability to work on any customs for the foreseeable future.

In the meantime, I will be living vicariously through you guys. Keep up the good work. I will be back soon enough.:)

20171009_101603.jpg
20171009_101508.jpg
20171009_101449.jpg
20171009_101431.jpg

And people wonder why we keep the boxes. This is why. Best of luck man. Just don't keep them packed away too long. Remember Toy Story. haha

Back