Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Red 2, Red 3 standing by.."

I plan on using waterslide decals and paintwork on the helmets for Biggs and Wedge.

20190618_180709.jpg

Looking forward to adding them to the group. Hoping to finish them up this summer.

My mistake. Smoothest fine detail plastic.

I suspected that. Have you noticed the very weird material description at Shapeways' site?: this fine detail material is said to be a photopolymer, yet its fabrication process is described as almost filament extrusion... Isn't it SLAed?? SLA produces fine detail, brittle, UV-sensitive pieces right, just like this one, right? It provides for smoth surfaces whereas FE produces rougher pieces, doesn't it?
Am I missing something?

"Red 2, Red 3 standing by.."

I plan on using waterslide decals and paintwork on the helmets for Biggs and Wedge.

View attachment 457964

Looking forward to adding them to the group. Hoping to finish them up this summer.

This is so cool!! Can you reveal the trick to get the blue flightsuit, complete with clear ribs on the arms? Everything seems to be expensive Sideshow stuff. Right?
Did you repaint the helmet with the blue symbols yourself? Amazing job!

Thanks,
m.

What a SUPERB line-up of Pilots. Just LOVE that General Merrick. He is one of my grails. Was hoping Enaud would do another run one day.

Nice group of fighter pilots. :clap

These already look so good. Can’t wait to see the revamps.

Thanks guys!!

This is so cool!! Can you reveal the trick to get the blue flightsuit, complete with clear ribs on the arms? Everything seems to be expensive Sideshow stuff. Right?
Did you repaint the helmet with the blue symbols yourself? Amazing job!

Thanks,
m.

The blue flightsuit was from Enaud. He did a small run a couple of years ago. The rest of the gear is from Sideshow Red 5 Luke.

I repainted the Sideshow Luke helmet. I used waterslide decals for the blue logos. I then went back and touched everything up and added weathering.

What a SUPERB line-up of Pilots. Just LOVE that General Merrick. He is one of my grails. Was hoping Enaud would do another run one day.

Cheers mate.

Hopefully Duane will return at some point. I talked to him last week. He still has some stuff in the works, unfortunately his job is pretty demanding these days.

Here is a Bib Fortuna on my Jabba steps...

View attachment 441401

View attachment 441402

I am not getting the new Jabba the Hutt. After repainting Bib, I might have a go at repainting the 2007 version.

I'm going to try to repaint my Bib. I'm trying to get the head off to repaint it but it seems to be on there pretty good. Just want to make sure it does come off before I pull too hard and break it. :) Any tips on the best way to remove the head without breaking it assuming it is suppose to come off?

I'm going to try to repaint my Bib. I'm trying to get the head off to repaint it but it seems to be on there pretty good. Just want to make sure it does come off before I pull too hard and break it. :) Any tips on the best way to remove the head without breaking it assuming it is suppose to come off?

Either hit it with a hair dryer for a minute or two (aimed up under the neck) or if you can get the cloak off, turn it upside in some boiling water for same amount of time.

Dengar is great and so are the Pilots !!!

Funny - I used the same HS for my Wedge - will resculpt the hair and repaint when I find the time

Thanks! I think the sculpt really works for Wedge, especially with the helmet on. I plan on displaying mine helmeted.

Dengar is looking good. :clap

Thanks!

It does come off. I did a body swap, so I wasn't worried too much about breaking the body.

Use a hair dryer or soak the head/neck area in boiling water to soften up the plastic. It should come off fairly easily. Good luck!

I finished up Klaatu. Sculpted and painted in the neck. I also attached sun guard to the back of the helmet. I might do a touch up here or there but he is pretty much done.

20190626_184200.jpg

20190626_184244.jpg

20190626_184222.jpg

Back