Chakaman's customs, mods and repaints

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Steven. :)

I finished up M'iiyoom Onith. I weathered the outfit and painted the hands. I took a lighter to the hands. This deformed them a bit which is what I was looking for. I then added a couple coats of different paints.

I also got Djas Puhr's gloves done. SSC Cobra trooper gloves under the guantlets. Now to pants, boots and holster.

Amazing chris. Said it often. Love your work! When will you ship them to me? Will fit perfectly in my cantina scene :)

Best,

Robert

Amazing chris. Said it often. Love your work! When will you ship them to me? Will fit perfectly in my cantina scene :)

Best,

Robert

Cheers Robert, as always I appreciate it mate. :)

Great work on everything Chris. I know i dont comment much but i do visit this thread everyday.

Thanks Seb. I appreciate the kind words. They mean a lot coming from you. Your work is truly amazing and inspiring. Cheers mate.

I did the eyes on Trinto Duaba for the second time today. Man, this guy is doing my head in. Here is where I am at. I added gloss already to see what that would do. His left eye looks funky due to the gloss reflection. I dunno, not sure I am happy. I may cut it all out and do it again later. No more today, I am tired of looking at him. :)

Chris, what are you using for the eye gloss? Floor polish? They say Future is the best but the store I went to did not sell Future polish so I ended up getting another brand. Its what I've been using for the last 2 years. It works well but I find (with this brand anyway) you gotta put at least 4 coats on to get a nice shine.

I recently tried some water based minwax polyurethane. Its thin, so you need to be careful, but its got a nice shine (usually with 1 or 2 coats) and dries tough. Since its water based, its cleans up easy too.

Trinto is tough because the original mask even looks a bit too much like a mask. The eyes on the 1/6 sculpt are a bit too small and oval shaped (as opposed to large and circular on the full size) that might be what's making the eyes seem a bit off, but looking at it overall, it looks outstanding.

Chris, what are you using for the eye gloss? Floor polish? They say Future is the best but the store I went to did not sell Future polish so I ended up getting another brand. Its what I've been using for the last 2 years. It works well but I find (with this brand anyway) you gotta put at least 4 coats on to get a nice shine.

I recently tried some water based minwax polyurethane. Its thin, so you need to be careful, but its got a nice shine (usually with 1 or 2 coats) and dries tough. Since its water based, its cleans up easy too.

I am using a gloss varnish I got from Hobby Lobby, it works pretty well. It was like $10 a bottle.

He looks wicked in the pics. Nice!

Thanks man, you got any pics of your Trinto?

Trinto is tough because the original mask even looks a bit too much like a mask. The eyes on the 1/6 sculpt are a bit too small and oval shaped (as opposed to large and circular on the full size) that might be what's making the eyes seem a bit off, but looking at it overall, it looks outstanding.

Exactly. I initially was going to try to make it look like it is a mask, but decided not too. I will probably do it again to make it look cleaner. I am just not happy with it.

Fellow member Pixelpiper hooked me up with a couple of light up Jawa bodies. These things are great. I haven't tweaked or done anything yet with them, I just slapped the robes I already on them.

I cannot wait to tailor these guys up. Their heights are adjustable as well. Really well done. Great kits. Thanks again. :)

I spent a few minutes and added a little more fabric tape around the eyes to make them smaller. I also futzed the robe a bit. Already, a huge improvement...

That's looking great! If a herd of Jawas wasn't so cool, you wouldn't need to buy the SSC ones.

Are there any pics of that light-up body alone? I never heard about this.

Thanks.

Pixelpiper did a great job on these. They are super-articulated which is nice. They are also made with the option of adjusting their height if you wanted to have some variety. Really, really well done.

A shot of the front unmodded.

A shot of the back where the led plugs in.

Thanks man, you got any pics of your Trinto?

I wish...:

CCRkY2iUkAAMaV4.jpg

here is a pic of mine (before I found Rick Baker's photo):

541716_428346070571957_1008490404_n.jpg

Trinto looks great there. I don't think that pic is from ANH - I believe that's the replica Trinto they made for the Nerdist Cantina thing from maybe three years ago.

Back