Careful Not To Overload Your Shelves

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wonder if insurance would cover that? If not just burn your whole house down and start again. 😅

Sent from my R7sf using Tapatalk

Looks like someone did not follow the directions...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9e8a997d71dc0ef2f073c3443db0bd11.jpg

I cant get over the fact that Ghost Rider is having a blast lool. First thing I did when I started collecting was make sure I had secured cabinets. Especially living in earthquake California, there is no telling when one might hit.

Looks like one of the glass panels in the middle has given way, and the damage has cascaded down the line.

Laugh it up. Fact is, toughened glass can do this, even under zero load. I had a back panel in one of my display cases just shatter one day. Google "spontaneous glass breakage". That was fun cleaning that up, pulling apart a 6' tall display case and replacing the back panel with perspex.

The good thing about a detolf is they're so small you can replace the shelves with an appropriate thickness of green edge perspex with no noticeable sag. If you're that keen. Maybe if you collect customs it's worth it. Something to think about.

I'd just like to know what it sounded like.

Loud.

I cant get over the fact that Ghost Rider is having a blast lool. First thing I did when I started collecting was make sure I had secured cabinets. Especially living in earthquake California, there is no telling when one might hit.

I'm thinking if your living in an earthquake zone and there was one collectibles would be the last of your worries...

I'm thinking if your living in an earthquake zone and there was one collectibles would be the last of your worries...

No different than anywhere else. I'll take earthquakes over tornadoes or hurricanes any day. There are small earthquakes all the time that can knock stuff over, so it is something to consider. Especially for high dollar collectables on sub-par shelving.

I've always wondered how many actual statues and prints that still exist after all of these natural disasters

Some I'm sure, or neglect. Mostly stupidly or thoughtlessness I think.

I guess the point I was trying to make was being prepared for things like earthquakes...so there's no need to worry when one does hit. :lecture

But I dont think being prepared would have helped here, seems like poor judgement to me. I mean some of those statues I bet weigh over 10 lbs + each. Line up 4-5 of them on one shelf and you're pushing your luck...

Back