Captain Marvel - March 8, 2019

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The honest truth is CM was fair unknown-by the general public....

Along with Hawkeye, BW, Vision, SW, WS, etc etc....

None of which really could carry a title for long on their own.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Didn't help when Kevin Feige said this about CM.

" We thought it was the right time to finally introduce Captain Marvel to the world. She’s one of the most popular characters in our comics, she’s one of the most powerful characters in the comics and will be the most powerful character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

" one of the most popular characters in our comics" Sorry Kevin. she was never liked, least not the most popular. And you wondered why the comic folks were skeptical.

" We thought it was the right time to finally introduce Captain Marvel to the world. She’s one of the most popular characters in our comics, she’s one of the most powerful characters in the comics and will be the most powerful character in the Marvel Cinematic Universe."

" one of the most popular characters in our comics" Sorry Kevin. she was never liked, least not the most popular. And you wondered why the comic folks were skeptical.

It was posted awhile back in this thread that he also said this, which didn’t make any sense to me:

"Well, the point of this movie was to see her exactly as you said, unleashed, unchained," Feige told SlashFilm. "What happens when she taps into her full potential not being held back? So it was not the time to hold back. It was not the time to emphasize limitations or loss. We’d seen that over the course of the rest of the movie. We wanted to see her cut loose. In future stories, well, none of the Marvel characters are immortal. Even ones that seem immortal, some people might be very hard to kill, but nobody’s unkillable. So if we’re lucky enough to see future adventures with Captain Marvel, of course there will be limitations and there will be Achilles heels and there will be things that we learn and see that it’s not as easy as a slicing through whatever she wants to at any point. But this wasn’t the time to accentuate that."

So, have the character reach her peak potential power wise right out of the gate just to establish how powerful she is, only to have her intentionally dial it down later on against future enemies and not use the powers you’ve already established her possessing, just to simply show the audience that she is at least somewhat vulnerable and not too powerful?

He said this before he got the rights to the better roster of characters. Now I highly doubt she will be prominent as before now that u have x women and Sue Storm. She was basically the only woman they could use really.

Feige actually called her one of the most popular? I recall his calling her the most powerful, but not popular. I'm not disputing your assertion, I just don't remember that. Could that have possibly been taken out of context? If you're talking a particular demographic (say, young women & girls), she would be among the most popular. I know my daughter and her peers adore her. Granted not as much as a pre-Endgame shirtless Thor, but she's a close second. :wink1:

Feige actually called her one of the most popular? I recall his calling her the most powerful, but not popular. I'm not disputing your assertion, I just don't remember that. Could that have possibly been taken out of context? If you're talking a particular demographic (say, young women & girls), she would be among the most popular. I know my daughter and her peers adore her. Granted not as much as a pre-Endgame shirtless Thor, but she's a close second. :wink1:

The reaction of all the beer gut possessing husbands during EG when it first showed Thor after 5 years, whose wives always got aroused by a shirtless Thor:

pqjxub8bcu111.gif

It all comes down to the execution of the movies themselves as proven by the GOTG who are now all household names.

Very true, and aside from the outfit, they went with a strong female superhero angle.....

And lets face it, that outfit was never going to be in a Disney MCU film.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

He obviously never read the comics. CM was always a second tier hero

Or he's prescient. Given the roll the MCU has been on since he took over, I wouldn't put it past him. :lol And what with Iron Man and Black Widow now dead, Cap retired and Hulk mild-mannered, she's definitely moving up the list - even if it's by default.

Or he's prescient. Given the roll the MCU has been on since he took over, I wouldn't put it past him. :lol And what with Iron Man and Black Widow now dead, Cap retired and Hulk mild-mannered, she's definitely moving up the list - even if it's by default.

Agreed. Still a very valuable property, but I think they've cashed out with End Game. I'd be very surprised to see another MCU flick come close to this tally. Great era, but for all intents and purposes it's done. The new era will be different and hopefully, for the most part, entertaining.

Agreed. Still a very valuable property, but I think they've cashed out with End Game. I'd be very surprised to see another MCU flick come close to this tally. Great era, but for all intents and purposes it's done. The new era will be different and hopefully, for the most part, entertaining.

Yeah I actually hope that they don't embarrass themselves by trying to just "pull another Infinity War" all over again (but with Galactus, the Beyonder, or whomever.) Acknowledge that they did something unprecedented, un-repeatable, and just have fun with their remaining characters in their own little adventures going forward.

Yeah I actually hope that they don't embarrass themselves by trying to just "pull another Infinity War" all over again (but with Galactus, the Beyonder, or whomever.) Acknowledge that they did something unprecedented, un-repeatable, and just have fun with their remaining characters in their own little adventures going forward.

Agreed. And now that they aren't paying RDJ $75M per flick, the profit margins don't have to be quite so high. :lol

They just keep it in the theaters longer than any movie’s average run,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking about Captain Marvel or MCU films in general? For comparison, a quick check shows Wonder Woman was in theatres for 23 weeks, whereas Captain Marvel has now been out 8 weeks and counting. But more to the point, theatres are more likely to keep films longer if they make money, and right now the MCU is the top banana.

Are you talking about Captain Marvel or MCU films in general? For comparison, a quick check shows Wonder Woman was in theatres for 23 weeks, whereas Captain Marvel has now been out 8 weeks and counting. But more to the point, theatres are more likely to keep films longer if they make money, and right now the MCU is the top banana.

Nice facts. That should end that conspiracy before it starts.

Is this new? I haven't exactly been following the developments of "THE MOST POPULAR CHARACTER IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE" (actual Feige quote).....

Anyway, I only just saw it today, but maybe it's old news. I'm not even gonna bother commenting......eh...just....siiigh. Whatever.

Is this new? I haven't exactly been following the developments of "THE MOST POPULAR CHARACTER IN THE MARVEL UNIVERSE" (actual Feige quote).....

Anyway, I only just saw it today, but maybe it's old news. I'm not even gonna bother commenting......eh...just....siiigh. Whatever.

No agenda here!

CM will be Rogue's battery by the time X-Men is introduced to the MCU, I think she'll be out along with the classic Avengers after a couple more solo films.

The most interesting thing about Carol is when all her power gets stolen by Rogue, it also bridges the Avengers with the X-Men which helps where the MCU is going.

--

Last edited:
Back