Captain America: The First Avenger Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The First Avenger: Captain America Discussion Thread

my hopes aren't high for this one anymore :monkey2

Shoulda kept your expectations low. That's what I did, from the second the movie was announced. Defense mechanism. I don't want to be disappointed. Hurts too much.

:)

The weird thing is, Wolfman had some fantastic shots at points. Really stylized....but all that is pointless when your main character is as interesting as a ham sandwich.

Saving Private Ryan is exactly what I thought of when I pictured a Captain America movie.

Saving Private Ryan is exactly what I thought of when I pictured a Captain America movie.

Me too. Just not as much cursing or blood. But something gritty, real, and worthy of the man who fights Nazi's. Is it too late to reshoot this with a better director?

The only thing I'm going to be happy about concerning this film is that Hot Toys will make a couple of amazing Cap figures that I will buy.

Me too. Just not as much cursing or blood. But something gritty, real, and worthy of the man who fights Nazi's. Is it too late to reshoot this with a better director?

Well it's only a couple weeks into shooting right, I think we can switch. What's Favreau (sp?) doing?

The only thing I'm going to be happy about concerning this film is that Hot Toys will make a couple of amazing Cap figures that I will buy.

Yeah...I'm looking forward to that. Thor too.

Surprised these haven't been posted...
cap2.jpg

article-0-0B18D29E000005DC-954_634x369.jpg

article-0-0B18D1D3000005DC-343_634x422.jpg

article-0-0B18D2C7000005DC-543_634x383.jpg

More Here

They don't know much about Cap...

True to the original character, the costume comprised the colours of the American flag, complete with a huge star on the chest, helmet and cape.:rotfl

Suit looks pretty eh...but wings on the helmet! Still loving the look of the shield though.

Also, are those Hydra symbols on the motorcycles?

They're trying to play down the "America" aspect. Which in my opinion is like making a Hulk movie but he's not green or strong.

The suit (and Evans in it) does not look great in these shots.

Hope they digitally enhance his chin and jawline in post preduction :monkey4

Costume looks a little too home made and cheesy IMO. Looks like a lot of modern day MX biker gear on a 40's esque Cap'.

Back