Captain America Or The Green Goblin ???? HELP!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well guys I think im gonna go with goblin for now but its my bday in April so if ca is still available im gonna hint my gf :eek::eek:.
Tanks for the help , Tay.

Well if you ever plan on getting Red Skull, then get Captain America. If you plan on getting Spider-Man eventually, get Green Goblin. But as far as a stand alone piece, I'd say Captain America. Makes for a great Patriotic piece as well.

What he said.

I personally like GG more but Cap is a better stand alone piece if you don't plan on getting another one for either.

No I do plan to get more definitely . I have never really collected marvel stuff so this is my first * big * piece. Likewise I have to slow down as I still ave debt and bills to pay , * looks down and lets out a long sigh * , if only they didn't exists :monkey2:monkey2.
Lol , thanks for all the help guys , and I will be sure to post up pics once he arrives , gotta pay for p2 elder and 2 hellboy figs then e should be next.
Tay. :D

Since you are asking which one to get, I would assume that you like both characters. If so, I would pick the Captain America Exclusive because he is well executed and the exclusive extras are pimped.

Since you are asking which one to get, I would assume that you like both characters. If so, I would pick the Captain America Exclusive because he is well executed and the exclusive extras are pimped.

I have a feeling we'll see the Cap excl. get harder and harder to find with Red Skull now out. A lot of people will want that exclusive German helmet to display across from Red Skull. At least I know I would :monkey1

right you are Loki.

i also asked my ex-gf, who is German, if she can contact some of her friends in Germany to get a hold of a Gestapo hat or German helmet or Hitler coin :D

right you are Loki.

i also asked my ex-gf, who is German, if she can contact some of her friends in Germany to get a hold of a Gestapo hat or German helmet or Hitler coin :D

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Might be easier to get some in other countries...

Well guys I think im gonna go with goblin for now but its my bday in April so if ca is still available im gonna hint my gf :eek::eek:.
Tanks for the help , Tay.

Just some food for thought, IMHO I believe the value of the Cap PF will eventually increase in price, not in the epic proportions like Doom but more like Spidey. It may be a good idea to pick Cap PF now while it is still "cheap" and get the GG at a later date. GG has been out for awhile now and I still see it on eBay for near retail prices so I don't think it will increase in value anytime soon. Just something to think about.

I had both. When I sold my Spidey PF's, Green Goblin was let go too. If you like the pose, Cap is nearly perfect in execution and the choices for display. The mismatched glove/boots color and costume material of the GG always bugged me. :eek:

I'm a Cap fan from waaaaaaaay back (well, 1970 anyway!), so if I had to choose, I'd say go for Captain America! It's a well-executed mixed media piece, in a cool stance, and if you get the exclusive it offers some display options.
The Goblin is nice enough , but I don't particularly love the head sculpt (the warts in particular) and I also dislike the mis-matched purple. The biggest gripe I have about GG is that the production piece differed dramatically from the prototype in regards to the shade of the purple and the match between the gloves/boots and the tunic/cap. If you check Sideshow's site or catalogs, the pics of the Goblin STILL reflect the prototype, rather than the production piece, so try to view pics of the actual release if you've never seen it in person.

I have them both; in fact, I've owned the Goblin twice (sold my first one, then re-purchased a few months ago). But if I'm ever faced with a decision on which one to part with, GG goes first

One other aspect of the Green Goblin PF that I dislike is the ugly and unnecessary pumpkin-shaped "name plate" ; it really cheapens the piece, IMO. :monkey4

Back