Captain America Movie Costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Legion

Super Freak
Reaction score
capam3.jpg

capam2.jpg

capam1.jpg

Dont attack me if they've been posted, it just went up according to ign so I thought some of you might be interested :D

From AICN:

UPDATE W/ CONFIRMATION!! This Is CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER!!

Merrick again...

Mike Sampson over at JoBlo has confirmed that the pieces appearing below are the same images/designs he saw last week. I.e. the ones he described so wonderfully in THIS ARTICLE, which lead to the reader submitted mock-ups we covered yesterday.

Ain't It Cool posted some art today that aren't just fan mockups - these are the real deal.

...says Mike/JoBlo HERE.

Toldya these "would be well worth sharing with you." Ladies and gentlemen, Captain America!

Personally, I think the suit looks pretty great. Evokes the right retro vibe while looking modern enough to not be cheesy. I dig it.

And, another tip-of-the-hat to Broly's Legend for letting us get a look at these."

Last edited:
Really wish they would loose the "A" on the forehead. otherwise looks like most superhero customs in movies.

Yeah I dont like that either.

They have done a reasonable job though, I was never a fan of the original look really but this looks pretty good. Its always gonna be hard to make a costume with such bright colours and for him changing it was never an option so I think this is a good as we could hope for.

There is a slight Comedian look to it though! :D

Looks good overall, given the parameters. However, if the bulk of the movie takes place in WWII, will this be that outfit? Looks way too modern for that, IMO.

I think it would look better with the trademark wings like this. I think the A still belongs but they need to make it bigger or change the font.

image.php

I think it would look better with the trademark wings like this. I think the A still belongs but they need to make it bigger or change the font.
Agreed on both counts, but I'm happy with things as-is. Could be much worse. I know I am in the minority, but I would prefer a comic-accurate one. The closer to that, the better.

Agreed on both counts, but I'm happy with things as-is. Could be much worse. I know I am in the minority, but I would prefer a comic-accurate one. The closer to that, the better.

I'm definitely down for a comic accurate one. But I don't think you need to worry yet, I'm sure he'll get an update for the Avengers :)

This looks great for modern cap.. .Will fit right in with iron Man however I really am hoping for a WWII cap.

Ultimate%20Captain%20America.jpg

i really like the design its very ultimates inspired. now i wanna see what it looks like when they actually make it

I dunno, somthing about it is laughable to me. Is this the modern or WW2 version?

I wanted to see something more like this for WW2.

This looks great for modern cap.. .Will fit right in with iron Man however I really am hoping for a WWII cap.

Ultimate%20Captain%20America.jpg

If they want to do "realistic," I would also prefer, I don't know, a realistic outfit made with cloth instead of rubber. I honestly can't step into the shoes of people who advocate a "realistic" Cap and think the answer is this. . .

Back