Captain America Movie Costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to have to leave this thread before I get pissed.... The overall look is just TOO modern. All the piping and detail to accentuate muscle tone just doesn't scream 1940's to me. Then again, perhaps this is the modern version?... Crap.

The piping is a big turn-off... makes it look like everything else already done for updated outfits. I would assume this is a modern look and not WWII... but still some room for improvement, and really I think simplifying his costume would be the right direction to go.

Although I can say the overall effect is pretty good... it looks like Captain America, but w/o the guy in tights effect :lol

Looks like Bowen's Ultimate Captain America Statue

capam1.jpg
754111641_4LsW4-XL.jpg

Yeah it does look like modern version.

So do we know if the entire movie takes place in WWII and then Cap is revived for the Avengers where they introduce the modern suit or does it appear in this film at all ??

Supposedly the film is "book-ended" by Cap in contemporary times, but the fact that they are showing off this design makes me wonder if the WWII era really takes up the bulk of this film as it was speculated to.

And I think the Bowen design with chain mail and realistic-looking pants is an improvement over the Batman-lite look here.

Has it occurred to anyone that since Marvel is going with the circular (modern) shield for the WWII Cap that it's possible he might just have this 1 costume as well?

Yes, the undersuit (with the piped lining) looks too modern in design, but other than that I could buy it coming from that Marvel movie universe in 1940. Afterall, they did have the technology to create a super soldier.

Not saying this is the case, but be open to that possibility. The most iconic thing about Cap has always been his shield, and they've already changed that by doing away with the WWII era delta shield (though he might use that one at some point in the film, he WILL have the circular shield during WWII).

Yeah it does look like modern version.

So do we know if the entire movie takes place in WWII and then Cap is revived for the Avengers where they introduce the modern suit or does it appear in this film at all ??

I don't think any of that info has been leaked yet. And I don't know what all the fussings about since I'm pretty certain that this will be his modern look, hence, finished shield. Marvel has pretty much stayed consistent with their movie stuff so I have no doubts he'll start off with the triangle shield.

Has it occurred to anyone that since Marvel is going with the circular (modern) shield for the WWII Cap that it's possible he might just have this 1 costume as well?

If that's the case, then it's FAIL already because there's no way something like that would be seen in the 40s.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they use the circular shield through out. That's by far his most recognizable detail so there's really no need to pay homage to the original Simon/Kirby version.

I'm pretty certain that this will be his modern look, hence, finished shield. Marvel has pretty much stayed consistent with their movie stuff so I have no doubts he'll start off with the triangle shield.
He might start off with the other shield, but he will have the circular shield during the WWII era. This has already been confirmed by people onset, and was pretty much clinched in IRON MAN 2 as well (because that film takes place before he is found & unfrozen in the movie timeline).

I really hope this one turns out great.... Spider-Man and Cap were always my favorite Marvel characters and SM3 just left a bad taste in my mouth as far as that trilogy of films is concerned. It would be a fan-boy dream come true to see Cap done right.

He might start off with the other shield, but he will have the circular shield during the WWII era. This has already been confirmed by people onset, and was pretty much clinched in IRON MAN 2 as well (because that film takes place before he is found & unfrozen in the movie timeline).

ah, good to know.

Well, either way, its really too late as produciton is assuredly starting on this. We'll have to hope for the best...

I will say that Favreau got it absolutely right with the look of Iron Man. Those suits were just enough history and just enough hollywood. (Special thanks to Adi Granov for the extremis designs in the comic just a few years before).

I think you nailed it there. Maybe some minor tweaking over the course of the movie but the same basic design over the course of the film and any series.

Back