Captain America Movie Costume

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
capam3.jpg

I would imagine the final costume may differ from this, after all it's only an artists rendering. It's probablty going to be close to the final product though so this is what I want to see improved on or changed:
1. Add wings to the helmet/cap somehow, without them you loose that iconic look;
2. Change the font on the "A" or at least raise it like the star so it doesn't look like an afterthought;
3. He has to have some kind of scales/chainmail across his shoulders or something to at least simulate the effect;
4. Don't go overboard with the buckles and fancy pouches, he's a soldier, not Batman.
Apart form this stuff at least it's not a radical departure from the classic look.

He's just waaaaay way too modern looking. Forget what was in Iron Man 2, and just give him the other shield. Lose all that raised design on the pants until the modern version, and make the mask for the eyes seperate from the helmet.

All those little things should then be brought back for the modern version as well as changing his glove and boot color and adding wings.

I'm going to have to leave this thread before I get pissed.... The overall look is just TOO modern. All the piping and detail to accentuate muscle tone just doesn't scream 1940's to me. Then again, perhaps this is the modern version?... Crap.

Not a bad job and plausable since he's one of the hardest costumes to translate to screen. 'A' still looks outta place. Hard to please everyone on this one.

Some characters are best not to be messed with as far as overall look is concerned... Captain America and Superman lead that list for me....
I agree. Some have said (and the studio seems to agree) that his design is too ridiculous to work in the real world, but don't complain about Spidey and Superman looking identical to the comics on-screen. And really, what could look more ridiculous than Spiderman?

I agree. Some have said (and the studio seems to agree) that his design is too ridiculous to work in the real world, but don't complain about Spidey and Superman looking identical to the comics on-screen. And really, what could look more ridiculous than Spiderman?

i say wolverine in his yellow costume

Well, of course there literally are some (including 70s Power Man, Speedball, Mephisto), but really, how can Spidey be an acceptable "real world" design whereas Cap can't?

Back