Captain America 4 New World Order - May 3, 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FD7A94F0-B12B-4AC4-927A-808AB6F064BD.jpeg

I don't know whether the crazies are gonna avoid this film like the plague or flock to it just from the title alone!

I don't know whether the crazies are gonna avoid this film like the plague or flock to it just from the title alone!
After seeing showrunner Malcolm Spellman and co. turn one of Marvel's classic assasins into an apologist and Falcon into a bore, as well as uneven writing, editing, bad cinemetography, pacing with the only characters to come out unscathed being Zemo and Walker, don't think I can sit through any more minutes of boat repair or Sam Wilson's inability to find the Navy Federal Credit Union after serving and living in DC.
I'm suspicious of the choices Feige makes at this point.

I just wish they left him as Falcon with the shield - he didn't need the name change - as Falcon is one of the most iconic black Marvel characters. Plus his Cap costume sucks, especially compared to the Falcon suit he had at the start of the show.

After the travesty that was FatWS, I just don't have any confidence that this will be good.

After seeing showrunner Malcolm Spellman and co. turn one of Marvel's classic assasins into an apologist and Falcon into a bore, as well as uneven writing, editing, bad cinemetography, pacing with the only characters to come out unscathed being Zemo and Walker, don't think I can sit through any more minutes of boat repair or Sam Wilson's inability to find the Navy Federal Credit Union after serving and living in DC.
I'm suspicious of the choices Feige makes at this point.

LopV45p.jpg

🤔

From the responses to this thread, I'd say a good portion of the crazies will avoid it.

This crazy fan is looking forward to it and will be seeing it in the theater. :nana:

The best trilogy in the current MCU is the Cap trilogy and I love how much love they showed him in IW and EG. The current direction of the MCU (including this movie) is not something I'm very optimistic about.

Flag Smashers! Evil Knievel-Buzz Lightyear Cap suits! Enfys Nest from Solo as an anarchist! Releasing five months before 2024 Electionageddon!

Flocks, plagues and Marvel Phase 5! 😬

I just wish they left him as Falcon with the shield - he didn't need the name change - as Falcon is one of the most iconic black Marvel characters. Plus his Cap costume sucks, especially compared to the Falcon suit he had at the start of the show.

After the travesty that was FatWS, I just don't have any confidence that this will be good.
Nope. Like, there's Sam Wilson telling the Fist of Hydra how to stalk a target. :stake

Plus stuff like, the big moment when we see the new Cap suit and it's so dark, you have to squint, because that shot might have been of an irritated pigeon. Not to mention, designers should know when a comic look isn't translating and modify the design, so Sam Wilson doesn't look like a winged turtle. Not to mention having an assassin and POW whose head was routinely fried put in the position of being accused of insensitivity.:yuck

I could be wrong, but last I knew there were all kinds of people living in New York with cell phones, not just black people.:pfft:

Lately with Disney, HBO, the MCU etc. it's like being a video game character that's just getting taken out...Season 8 GOT, TFWS, Obi-wan...it's like you can't even settle in and watch anything any more:toilet_cl, without ending up scarred and betrayed.😁:monkey2:medic

I agree the Cap Trilogy is my favorite trilogy of all time, but they should've kept to the natural story of Buck taking on the mantle. They teased Buck with the shield in the movies prior and Steve doesn't even say a word to Sam from Civil War until he's giving him the shield at the end of EG. Whole thing felt forced to me, but I'll digress. It is what it is and Sam is Cap now.

Only positive thing I can say is at least I'll have another Cap costume to buy. Hoping they mute some of the white and go with one of the other concept versions.

E8E0A436-A3B6-48D0-8366-62D88483C717.jpeg

I don't understand why they didn't go with bucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
After being excited and watching the FWS series, this movie is dead to me. I'm sure another lecture is coming so I'll spare myself.

That Hot Toys Zemo figure has got to be coming from either this or from Thunderbolts and that is all I care about with this franchise.

After being excited and watching the FWS series, this movie is dead to me. I'm sure another lecture is coming so I'll spare myself.
Yep. I don't intend to watch a single thing that features Sam Wilson as Captain America going forward.

Thankfully when I rewatched TWS, CW, and IW/EG again recently the memory of Boat Repair/Lecture Cap was far from my mind.

I agree the Cap Trilogy is my favorite trilogy of all time, but they should've kept to the natural story of Buck taking on the mantle. They teased Buck with the shield in the movies prior
Yep Bucky literally used the shield in TFA, TWS, and CW! That plus the fact that he is both enhanced and would continue the "man out of time" trope made him such an obvious choice for a successor. Also the "Winter Soldier" is a relatively new moniker in comics and not something that really needs to be preserved unlike say "the Falcon" which has been around for more than half a century.

Back