Premium Format Captain America – Allied Charge on Hydra

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol yeah he was. It was strange because it is flesh colored under the pants, I was really thrown off when I pulled the bag off the body. My wife made a comment that she should get to see what Captain is packing if the new Power Girl is going to have so much cleavage.

Front on pose for you then iansanders, Caps shield will hide the undone zipper!

Sorry to hear that though, ship him back!!! Got me nervous to get home and check mine now :impatient:

Don't wanna be seeing any meat and potatoes thanks :lecture

Sorry to hear that though, ship him back!!! Got me nervous to get home and check mine now :impatient:

1143106182_6e9821684a.jpg

every day that goes by, opportunity for replacement parts dwindle... And I want to cry. Haha

Sideshow should reimburse everyone a small amount for the decal on the classic shield. Or sculpt an actual shield and allow exchanges. It is the WHOLE front of the shield which is Captain's main visual piece. There is no valid reason that collectors who spend $400 on a statue be given a piece with a sticker on it during the final production piece. There was no warning whatsoever that this was going to happen. SSC honestly doesn't care if we are upset because they know we will buy it anyway. That is their business model. Yes, I will still buy this statue, but how come this "cost cutting" change without telling the buyers is becoming routine? Its just not right. The main reason I will buy this Captain is because there are not any other 1/4 scale Captain Americas in the $400 range out there from any other company right now.

I already submitted a request for a replacement. I think all I will need is a new body, the Snow Trooper I got a few months back had the same issue with the hands and sideshow replaced it no problem so hopefully this will be the same. And with a little futzing I was able to get the pants to look good but its just one more reason for them to send me a new body.

Good for you dude, I don't care how minor the problem is, I have no artistic talent to fix these statues so if I have a problem I need replacements :lecture

Sideshow should reimburse everyone a small amount for the decal on the classic shield. Or sculpt an actual shield and allow exchanges. It is the WHOLE front of the shield which is Captain's main visual piece. There is no valid reason that collectors who spend $400 on a statue be given a piece with a sticker on it during the final production piece. There was no warning whatsoever that this was going to happen. SSC honestly doesn't care if we are upset because they know we will buy it anyway. That is there business model. Yes, I will still buy this statue, but how come this "cost cutting" change without telling the buyers is becoming routine? Its just not right. The main reason I will buy this Captain is because there are not any other 1/4 scale Captain Americas in the $400 range out there from any other company right now.

Did they change the Diamond Shield? I thought it was that way all the time?

every day that goes by, opportunity for replacement parts dwindle... And I want to cry. Haha

This is really true though. I don't usually flex but this was one of the rare occasions and it worked out for me this time but this batch shipping is pretty crappy. And I agree that the classic shield is garbage, it has zero depth when displayed and looks like a toy.

Sideshow should reimburse everyone a small amount for the decal on the classic shield. Or sculpt an actual shield and allow exchanges. It is the WHOLE front of the shield which is Captain's main visual piece. There is no valid reason that collectors who spend $400 on a statue be given a piece with a sticker on it during the final production piece. There was no warning whatsoever that this was going to happen. SSC honestly doesn't care if we are upset because they know we will buy it anyway. That is their business model. Yes, I will still buy this statue, but how come this "cost cutting" change without telling the buyers is becoming routine? Its just not right. The main reason I will buy this Captain is because there are not any other 1/4 scale Captain Americas in the $400 range out there from any other company right now.

Agreed :) My expectation was painted, silly me

I was never under the impression that it was a decal. We were given no reason to believe they would use a sticker. I am not sure, but I don't think they have ever used a sticker like this on a statue before. None of us pay for stickers. What is even more odd is that there were reviews of this statue stating that it wasn't a sticker / decal.

It looks very similar but the production shield is almost a little blurry so it looks like a picture of a shield put on a piece of cardboard instead of looking like a shield. There is just no depth to it.

I was never under the impression that it was a decal. We were given no reason to believe they would use a sticker. I am not sure, but I don't think they have ever used a sticker like this on a statue before. None of us pay for stickers. What is even more odd is that there were reviews of this statue stating that it wasn't a sticker / decal.

Yeah, it did look different from the beginning. Bummer. JSC Spidey wall is a sticker too.

Its not really a decal or a sticker but more like when they computer print on large banners or signs. It looks like it was just printed on the shield.

Back