Capt. Jack Cinemaquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*pulls down pants*

What? Oh, that kind of cocky.... :monkey3

Excellent likeness, even from that crappy pic! Too bad I can buy a car with the kind of money that thing will cost :monkey2

Sources at statue forum have mentioned that this is indeed just an early prototype. Improvements have been made to the final version. No hat or jacket will be included. New pics will hopefully be available soon.

No hat and no jacket makes him less of a must buy for me. Looks like Dr. Jones may be the only CMQ I get.

Darklord Dave said:
No hat and no jacket makes him less of a must buy for me. Looks like Dr. Jones may be the only CMQ I get.

...provided Dr. Jones comes with a HAT and JACKET...I hope they don't go with the non-jacketed, ripped-sleeved TOD version...ROTLA or Nuthin'!!!

:rolleyes:

I think the likeness is damn near perfect!...I also like the pose....I only wish I could affor to buy from CM:monkey2

Mookeylama said:
he looks awesome but his clothes do need some weathering, and hopefully he comes w/ coat and hat.

It was confirmed by a CM rep when asked by one of the StatueForum members that there would be no coat or hat. True these are definitely iconic pieces of his costume, but still no dealbreaker for me. If I can swing the dough for both Jack and Indy they are mine :D

Yes, Scott at Cinemaquette confirmed that there is NO hat or coat for Jack Sparrow. The reason he gave is that he doesn't have much screen time in the movie wearing them.

Indiana Jones WILL have the Fedora and jacket. Cool!

Chris

The hat & the coat should be included. They're Jack's "effects". And for the money spent on figure like this, I would want him to come in his complete outfit.

I hear what you're saying, but unfortunately, Jack will NOT be coming with those two effects.

:confused:

Chris

Well, like all CM merch... it looks fantastic... Only waaaaaay out of my price range. I'm a guy who backed out on Superman and Batman (some of my favorite characters of all time) because of lack of funds.. I certainly could never EVER afford a 1,500 dollar statue...

And it will be a sad day indeed when I see the pics of the Indy... I've been dying for good Indiana Jones stuff, to miss out on something that will no doubt be insanely awesome.... it cuts me deep... :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

I would display them in my living room once I get a case and pedestal for them. I've seen somebody do it by placing one on either side of their home theater and it looks awesome. I would have Indy and Jack on either side of the tv. Then later I would rotate with T-800 and Predator. Those seem like the must have for me.

Of course coming up with $6,000 plus money for the pedestal/cases is another story.

cking said:
I hear what you're saying, but unfortunately, Jack will NOT be coming with those two effects.

:confused:

Chris

I know. It doesn't matter very much to me because I can't afford a piece like that, anyway, but I would be angry if I was going to purchase it and it didn't come with his full outfit. There's just no excuse for not including his coat and hat, IMO. They're trademark Jack Sparrow.

Is there any chance Sideshow could make a 12" Jack or import Medicom's? I really want a 12" Jack, but Medicom's is a bit too expensive and doesn't look enough like Jack for my tastes.

Buttmunch said:
Is there any chance Sideshow could make a 12" Jack or import Medicom's? I really want a 12" Jack, but Medicom's is a bit too expensive and doesn't look enough like Jack for my tastes.

Not sure about them getting the license to make a 12", but you'll have to go to MR for the Medicom since that have the deal to distribute Disney items. (Rocketeer, Jack Sparrow). Of course you don't have to go through MR directly and most of our board dealers have him still available for preorder for less than the $149 retail.

Back