Capt. Jack Cinemaquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankenFan

Abnormal Brain
Reaction score
From the current issue of Toy Fare magazine, a preview of the prototype Jack Sparrow Cinemaquette:

Apologies if this has already been been posted!

It may be the pic, but the face doesn't look much like Depp. I like the NECA pirates news though from the corner of the page! :D

Buttmunch said:
It may be the pic, but the face doesn't look much like Depp.

Are you serious? I was just about to say I think that's the best Depp likeness I've ever seen on a collectible (it ought to be, didn't they use a scan?)... That whole thing just looks amazing. :google

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic! I posted it over at SF.

I think he looks great.

I am not a big fan of the movie so will be passing on this one. I do want to see more pics though.

This is most definitely the Jack I have been waiting for. Thanks for posting the pic, I had been wondering if the was any new info about him.

I think the Depp likeness is definitely there, but just skewed by the angle.

Sideshow Andy said:
Are you serious? I was just about to say I think that's the best Depp likeness I've ever seen on a collectible... That whole thing just looks amazing. :google

The outfit is awesome. It must be the angle but I'm just not seeing Depp in that pic. The NECA one to the right on him looks like Depp though. This Jack is awesome, but I think you could do a better 1/6 scale likeness for Sideshow :monkey3

I'm happy with my plastic NECA 18" Smiling Jack but this looks very good (I know apples/oranges). I look forward to seeing SDCC pics with better lighting though.

The likeness is most definitely off, IMO, unless it's the angle. The problem I see is the eyes and the surrounding area....not a good capture of Depp.

Reading that article though..... Norrington!!!!! I don't collect that scale, but I must have a Norrington figure. NECA, please give me a Norrington figure. If I can't have him in 12 inch then I'll settle for the smaller figure.

Thanks for the pic!

I have to agree with Andy, that likeness is dead on! And I saw the raw sculpt at SDCC last year and it was pretty impressive.

And late summer for the release? Do they mean this year or 2008?

For $1500 he better come with his hat and coat though! And maybe a couple of real gold doubloons.

Please do not post anymore pictures of Cinemaquette merchandise...it makes me jealous. :p

This would look cool with Indy...mebbe I'll go buy a lottery ticket.

The likeness looks perfect to me. I'm not liking the expression though, I don't think it captures the character all that well.

screamingmetal said:
The likeness looks perfect to me. I'm not liking the expression though, I don't think it captures the character all that well.

That's a good point, and is the only thing I'd personally change... Other than that though, I'm totally diggin' the sculpt, paint, and costuming. Even the pose is great.

Agree, it's the pose. And the angle of the picture, distorts his face a bit, love to see it head on...

Personally I think the 12" Medicom Sparrows look amazing.

In my personal opinion, Neca and Medicom's respective likenesses are more accurate. I know it's easier to work with one material as opposed to many materials, but CM could definitely do better.

Back