Cap vs Red Skull

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifu03612

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all I received this today and i'm a bit disappointed. Its to do with the 2nd gasket holder thingy. Its just the paint has been rubbed/chipped off it and the silver below is showing. It's also really really bendy and its something i'm afraid will simply snap off in due course. Has anyone else had these probs.

Also y are there 3 gaps in the styrofoam for the 2 gaskets. Is one missing?

Thanks in advance

Colin

After much deliberation I sent mine back for a replacement (only my 2nd ever with Sideshow after the Sentinel Vs piece).

My issues were that the second torch (on the right) would not fit properly on the holder. It just sustains all crooked because only the top loop was holding it. There were also some paint imperfections that I was willing to look the other way on but then I said to myself: "this thing is $300 and it should be as good as it can possibly be".

Shame I probably won't get a replacement with a low number as the one I sent (75/450).

Yeah I am just not happy with the 2nd torch holder that I was calling a 'gasket' (is that not a gun?) it didn't sit right and the paint was all chipped off to reveal a really perfect silver underneath. I thought I could live with it, but just saw a chip on the back of it where the skulls are and your right for that amount of money it should be perfect.

Definately sending it back now.

Colin

There's nothing obvious in the design to hold the 2nd torch on the bottom as far as I can see. It doesn't look like something is missing, just that it's meant to hang there.

They're definitely meant to hang there. If you go the the product page on Sideshow's site and look at the QTVR, you can see plainly that that's how it's meant to be.

Still love mine, by the way. :D Best of the VS line, IMO. (Although I've never seen the Sentinel/X-Men diorama. :( )

Also, my sconces were very flexible as well. And with good reason. Given the flimsy nature of anything that small and thin, and nature's way of breaking that which doesn't bend, I'm actually quite grateful to Sideshow for this decision. Some of them may arrive with the sconces bent (as mine did), but I think they're designed to allow for that. Which is better, especially for Sideshow, than a series of broken sconces. :monkey2

Darklord Dave said:
There's nothing obvious in the design to hold the 2nd torch on the bottom as far as I can see. It doesn't look like something is missing, just that it's meant to hang there.

The bottom of the torch actually did not land on the holder as it was supposed to be.

Thanks Martin! That settles it, I need to change my display.

I bent one of the sconces too but it bent right back, I'm glad it was designed the way otherwise it would be broken.

No high quality collectibles anymore imo. Cheapest china stuff would be the right name.

Why bending it? Shouldnt someone test it? Or bend it for us? What happens if it brakes? Right! If you live in Europe you can get in touch with the EU Helpcenter.... :monkey1

Hi Martin!

The one on the left doesn't have a bottom holder. The one on the right was the problem one for me.

Mine goes through the loop but it never reaches the bottom part of the holder as shown on that pic. It actually gives the impression that the torch itself is not long enough to reach the bottom holder (not even to touch it) due to the top loop not being angled correctly. Simply bad QA on the piece I got. I didn't dare mess with it as it seems like such a fragile piece that would easily break if trying to bend it.

I'll report again when I get my replacement along with some pics.

Last edited:
The sconces bend easily, sounds like it has nothing to do with QC.
Just bend it so that the torch reaches the bottom holder.

Darklord Dave said:
The sconces bend easily, sounds like it has nothing to do with QC.
Just bend it so that the torch reaches the bottom holder.

For sure it has something to do with QC. I dont get a good feeling when bending around with that stuff. It brakes sometimes without bending it, it wont get better after bending.

But hey, we should get used to it.

I'm telling you: Bend it. The real quality control issue would have resulted from the sconces not bending. Then they would have broken.

I understand your hesitence, because I was nervous about it myself. But I took a chance, and it worked perfectly.

Don't be afraid to bend them. They were designed to. Insisting on the existence of a QC issue where there is none only creates frustration for both you and Sideshow.

I didn't need to bend mine, but I tripped and fell and accidentally bent one of the sconces pretty far. As I said, it bent back into place very easily. Don't wiggle it back and forth, or course, but one time won't hurt.

If everyone who bends a sconce sends it back to SSC, they aren't going to be able to get to any of the real problems.

Back