Can anyone explain these scales to me?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justcrash

Super Freak
Reaction score
Took some pics yesterday. For two reasons, one because I am trying to understand things a little better and two, because I did things butt backwards and instead of getting a place to display my figures, I got the figures first. Now I am reluctant to get them out of their boxes and risk losing things without a place to display them.

But.. the precious.. must touch the precious...

So... I took some pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My question being, I thought the BS SW figures were the same scale/size as the Figuarts SW stuff. However, the Figuarts IM is taller than Maul. However, even if he wasn't, I can't get past the idea that Tony Stark is wearing a flying tank and his waist and profile is the same as a figure that is just wearing spandex. Is that correct and I should stop worrying about it?

Also, it seems that the DC Icons line is ONLY in scale with the Figma stuff, which is different than the scale figuarts uses, but all three lines are 1:12?

Personally, I feel like the Mafex Batman is the right height compared to Barry/Wally as Flash. Batman should be intimidating but not weight lifter big, if that makes sense. However, I am willing to accept that all Superheros are 6 feet tall unless they are a side kick or a little person (Puck, or Wolverine, even though they always seem to make Wolverine the same size as everyone else. Thanks Bryan Singer!).

The Marvel Legends IM is slightly taller than the Figuarts one, but same issue: Ballerina waist. However, the current Legends seem more dainty than the older MLs I have. Is that my imagination?

Also of note, the ten pack of NECA Action figure display stands do not fit 100% of the figures I tried them on, so that was a wise investment on my end... lol!

Overall questions: Why isn't there an accepted, universal size for 1:12/1:10, and so on?

Also, didn't know what forum to put this in, as this one is geared towards smaller licenses it seems but I did NOt see a "General question" forum. So if a mod wishes to move it, totally cool with me. TIA! :)

But there is. A full scale figure is considered by most to be 6 feet tall. So:

1:4 = 18"
1:6 = 12"
1:10 = 7.2"
1:12 = 6"

Now this is related to a full grown man. You have to take into account the height of your particular figure, plus the base.

Thank you for responding! I guess that's my question.

Unless I am wrong (and please don't assume I am not), Figma, Figuart, Mafex, ML and the Icon line all purport to be 1:12, or 6 inch figures. But they don't seem to be consistent with one another. The only 1:10 scale stuff I have are the New 52 figures so I really have nothing else to compare them to, sadly.

Thank you for responding! I guess that's my question.

Unless I am wrong (and please don't assume I am not), Figma, Figuart, Mafex, ML and the Icon line all purport to be 1:12, or 6 inch figures. But they don't seem to be consistent with one another. The only 1:10 scale stuff I have are the New 52 figures so I really have nothing else to compare them to, sadly.

Most companies scales are slightly off with in a range. I collect statues and the scales are almost never exact and depending on who makes it they might be slightly over sized or slightly undersized.

I'm usually good with it as long it's close.

You're lucky when a company pays enough attention to detail to make their own products in scale with one another let alone different companies making all of their products in scale with one another.

You're lucky when a company pays enough attention to detail to make their own products in scale with one another let alone different companies making all of their products in scale with one another.

I can absolutely understand that. To me, math is universal. But yeah, I'm just too OCD. Thank you for responding! :)

Yeah. It ticked me off when Hot Toys made MoS Superman tower over Reeve's Superman. It took Affleck being cast as Batman for Caville fanboys(and girls) to admit he's a short Superman.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Back