Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be cool to try a new map. It can't be an worse than Piazza...or can it.

No biggie, Brandon. I'll keep trying to get a game going.

New map is a camp fest! Mentally Prepare yo butts going in!! On another note I've been using fmj9 akimbo, so some Random sends me a message calling me a jerk for using them, I replied back that next time I could shoot him in the face with my g18 if it made him feel better!! Lol

so from what i gather, so far the 3 new maps completely blow. glad i didnt fall for paying for the cod elite scam.

so from what i gather, so far the 3 new maps completely blow. glad i didnt fall for paying for the cod elite scam.

As far as the new one goes, there are alot of places to camp, instead of people running around learning the map it's like they get scared right out of the gate and find the closest place to hide. IMO if you can find the best setup for yourself you do well on the maps, whitch makes them good and fun. Game modes have alot to do with how a map plays as well, IMO. Objective modes play better on some maps where as they suck for tdm and kc. All in all, it's good to get new maps to freshin things up a bit, all the new ones arent as bad as some of the old ones IMO.

As far as your " scam" theory goes, we will find out soon when the first release to the non elite players goes, how many maps they get and for what price, you could be right.

how many players are playing the elite playlists globally at one time?

New map is a camp fest! Mentally Prepare yo butts going in!! On another note I've been using fmj9 akimbo, so some Random sends me a message calling me a jerk for using them, I replied back that next time I could shoot him in the face with my g18 if it made him feel better!! Lol

That's normal. New maps bring out the camper in a lot of players. As you said, they don't know the map so they hide..pathetic. The real question is will the map always be campy or is it just new map syndrome. I'll check it out later today.

As for Elite, I don't think it's a rip off as long as you're a CoD player who's going to be playing until the new one comes out. Might as well pre pay for all the new content and save a few bucks in the process.

With the first two maps, I liked one fine ( liberation) and hated the other (Piazza). For me personally, a bad map is overcomplicated. Maps that have multiple levels and a million nooks and crannies. That describes Piazza perfectly. Based on the footage I've seen of the new map, it's going t be overcomplicated.

I feel like they're just trying too hard with these. They need to realize that people like simple designs. That's why people like Dome and the reason a lot of people liked the CoD4 maps. They were mostly flat and didn't have a ton of hiding spots. I won't judge it before playing it.

With the first two maps, I liked one fine ( liberation) and hated the other (Piazza). For me personally, a bad map is overcomplicated. Maps that have multiple levels and a million nooks and crannies. That describes Piazza perfectly. Based on the footage I've seen of the new map, it's going t be overcomplicated.

I feel like they're just trying too hard with these. They need to realize that people like simple designs. That's why people like Dome and the reason a lot of people liked the CoD4 maps. They were mostly flat and didn't have a ton of hiding spots. I won't judge it before playing it.

My divine wisdom says, your going to be pissed and hate it!! Lol ;) it's bigger than piazza but butt loads of the stuff you hate.

My divine wisdom says, your going to be pissed and hate it!! Lol ;) it's bigger than piazza but butt loads of the stuff you hate.

Chances are good, yeah. These maps actually make me miss MW2 and BLOPS maps.at least this were fairly straightforward for the most part. Maps like Piazza, Seatown and probably Overwatch or whatever that ones called. Shot in the back-za, shot in the back-town and shot in the back-watch.

Downturn is by far the most annoying and poorly designed map imo. it's just a cluster ____ of ____.

Downturn is by far the most annoying and poorly designed map imo. it's just a cluster ____ of ____.

I actually don't mind downturn because everyone hates it and no one ever votes for it, in a stupid weird way it's like playing a new map every time because you go so long without playing it. Lol That looks stupider in writing than it sounded in my head, lol!

Yeah I dont get all the hate for downturn. Fallen is probably my least favorite of all the maps.

I don't mind Fallen too much. At least it's straight forward. It seems to be getting more popular too. It almost always gets the most votes.

Yeah, just had a match on the new map. It's bad. It's really bad. There's like three levels and a million places to camp. Staircases, lots of weird lines of sight that make moving without being seen by everyone almost impossible. I got shot in the back about 4 times by a guy who dropped down behind me from a higher level. It's a nightmare for run and gunners. Theres always someone behind you. Apparenty, they still don't know what a good map is or how to make one. Too bad. Elite will be a fine value for the amount of content we get, but a crappy map is still crappy even if it's new.

Yeah, just had a match on the new map. It's bad. It's really bad. There's like three levels and a million places to camp. Staircases, lots of weird lines of sight that make moving without being seen by everyone almost impossible. I got shot in the back about 4 times by a guy who dropped down behind me from a higher level. It's a nightmare for run and gunners. Theres always someone behind you. Apparenty, they still don't know what a good map is or how to make one. Too bad. Elite will be a fine value for the amount of content we get, but a crappy map is still crappy even if it's new.

My divine wisdom says, your going to be pissed and hate it!! Lol it's bigger than piazza but butt loads of the stuff you hate.:wave:lol:lol:lol

I got to play the new map a few times yesterday afternoon. I had a friend over and we were switching off. He sucked something awful but he plays on the PS3 and he couldn't get used to my kontrolfreeks on my xbox. I did pretty well on the new map. It's fun, kinda crazy, and there are people finding camp spots already. Overall to me it's much better than Piazza.

Back