Cagoda's Customs Cantina

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have not seen that pic Tali, thanks so much! If you have more austere photos of E Mon and Rebo, please post them! And I second the Wampa and gammies haha.

I have a ton of rare images (and screen captures from making-of videos) of most stuff OT related. Friends will often send links to behind the scenes archive sites and usually I'm like "meh, seen all of those." :lol What I love is that even after having collected these images for over a decade I do still occasionally find an image I've never seen before that reveals a detail never seen before.

So I use these images for pracitical purposes too - I recently found the exact 1970s British clothes iron they used for the Ugnaught suitcase, so I can make the handle more accurate (the body of it remains a mystery.)

Talibane, you always have these great hires pics, I love it. Do you have a stash of good shots of the Gamorrean Guards? The Wampa?
There's not a huge amount on the Wampa, esp the one they used onscreen, but yeah I have a bazillion pics of Gammys.
I have not seen that pic Tali, thanks so much! If you have more austere photos of E Mon and Rebo, please post them! And I second the Wampa and gammies haha.
I think I've posted all the Ephant pics I have (he's one of those ones that doesn't have lots and lots of images) but what do you need with Max? Your sculpt is looking pretty damn good so far. Getting his scale correct is a key challenge with the whole Rebo band - they are very rarely seen in good light, in the same plane and in decent resolution next to humans. I have some pics next to humans, but they are a bit interpretive and the organ blueprints out there aren't 100% accurate to the movie.

I think I've posted all the Ephant pics I have (he's one of those ones that doesn't have lots and lots of images) but what do you need with Max? Your sculpt is looking pretty damn good so far. Getting his scale correct is a key challenge with the whole Rebo band - they are very rarely seen in good light, in the same plane and in decent resolution next to humans. I have some pics next to humans, but they are a bit interpretive and the organ blueprints out there aren't 100% accurate to the movie.

Honestly with Max, either an offscreen pic of him from behind or the drink/hooka pipe(?) he's drinking or smoking when Han and Leia get surprised by Jabba and his goons. I have screenshots of both but additional details would be cool if possible. I feel like an archaeologist AND a customizer lol.
Also here's Max updates, the larger piano is the original accurate measurements you provided, and I'm going to add on his speaker side panel and big accordion horn thing. I still need to clean up the sculpt but I made the changes you suggested with elongating the one ear and snout.

Attachments

• 1-1.jpeg
    1-1.jpeg
    102.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 1-2.jpeg
    1-2.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 1-3.jpeg
    1-3.jpeg
    132.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 21
Honestly with Max, either an offscreen pic of him from behind or the drink/hooka pipe(?) he's drinking or smoking when Han and Leia get surprised by Jabba and his goons. I have screenshots of both but additional details would be cool if possible. I feel like an archaeologist AND a customizer lol.
Also here's Max updates, the larger piano is the original accurate measurements you provided, and I'm going to add on his speaker side panel and big accordion horn thing. I still need to clean up the sculpt but I made the changes you suggested with elongating the one ear and snout.
Looking great. :clap There are a few sculpts of Max and the organ out there, but yours are really the best, even so far.

That little hooka thing Max holds (looks like a perfume bottle almost) there don't seem to be any BTS images of, so really just what's onscreen is all there is.

And yeah, it seems back views of Max are in super short supply - I couldn't find any that were clear (just one taken from far above). The best I can provide is the side pic below that also shows a human hand/arm next to him, which is great for scaling. The human arm is not quite in the same plane as his snout centerline, but its close.

And the B&W pic shows some back area detail.

S9rbmsZ.jpg

1nl5dKo.png

emw61Bz.png

This is a nice extreme close up of the engine part they used for his backrest ends.
vTKVY7W.png

Last edited:
looking great james. haven`t been over here in the custom sections in a while since they made these two a separate section and not like the old website was

Hopefully Cagoda won't be changing his Max sculpt to match that BOBF Max abomination. :lol

Hopefully Cagoda won't be changing his Max sculpt to match that BOBF Max abomination. :lol
Hahaha the only reason I didn't think it was Max was the sculptors clearly didn't scrutinize reference pics, but apparently it was.
I'm doing the best of both worlds- no changes to my intentions with original Max and piano, but the sizing for my smaller piano is perfect for the BofB Rebo so I'll be doing two pianos at once!

After a little hiatus, hopefully I'll be able to post my work more frequently. Here's my 8D8, 3D printed/modified from files off etsy. I can give credit where credit is due if needed.
Paint job is all me, using both ROTJ and Book of Boba 8D8 as additional details when the OT pics were lacking. He took a while but I'm happy with it. I'm not really a fan of electronics so I added fiber optic cables to the eyes so they glow better in brighter light.
1-6.jpeg
1-7.jpeg
1-5.jpeg
1-4.jpeg

Thanks guys! It's always fun completing a project, I'm proud of this one.

Back