Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Facebook for the Regular:

"Currently R2-D2 is not pegged into the base and is suppose to stay that way :) so you can position R2 however you would like on the base"

I might end up buying this after all. It would be amazing if they would include dual bases for the reg, but this is a pretty big deal.

Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but I think at least a few will convert. I mean at this price someone's credit card is gonna be maxed out or someone will just pull the plug when it gets close and eat the deposit. Just bound to happen.

I got mine in at:

Date Placed: 2012-06-26 18:09:29

I can tell you when I first looked at them there were less than 40. After I spent a couple minutes comparing the two it was down to less than 20. Once the order was placed it was under 10. They went fast.

Hmmm...if the pegs on Threepio are just basic peg, you might be able to flip the base around and recreate that photo post in the thread.

wow, holy crap! that was insanely fast! i guess they arent doing the TBD on the EXs for some pieces. i guess i will just settle for the regular...so did they have pics for the EX?

Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but I think at least a few will convert. I mean at this price someone's credit card is gonna be maxed out or someone will just pull the plug when it gets close and eat the deposit. Just bound to happen.

I think if SSC decide to raise the EX by 100, then it will convert. Kind of sucks they posted 2 different bases to make the decision so much harder. I think if they posted the EX ES, it would had been an easier choice.

I think I would have preferred them standing on opposite sides of each other just because of this iconic pic but its a minor quibble.

tumblr_m4ev2t5yxe1rvy8coo1_400.jpg

there you go :D

c3po.jpg

I am not too worried about this one. SS will up the edition size given the demand. They did that with Talon, Optimus, and Rex, to name a few.

wait, does the EX come with weathered and clean versions and the tatooine base? if so, that is a crazy awesome EX. but if its just a clean version with those black bases, the regular just seems way cooler to me.

If I understood it, the Ex is clean paint with two separate bases and the Reg is weathered paint and one joint base but Artoo isn't pegged in (based on the recent FB comments).

I saw it convert from In Stock Less than 10... to Checking Inventory (right as I clicked order - DARN!)... to Waitlist. I clicked waitlist and got mine in mere seconds later and it is stamped as 11:14 and a few seconds.

So you got your waitlist in 23 minutes after it sold out.

If I understood it, the Ex is clean paint with two separate bases and the Reg is weathered paint and one joint base but Artoo isn't pegged in (based on the recent FB comments).

I wonder if there is a peg hole on both sided to move em around.

Thing about the weathered version too is that I won't be as critical and expect perfection like if I ordered the EX with the paint.

They look great! :clap The regular with weathering is the way to go! Glad I don't collect Droids (I have the 1:7 Kotos and they are more than enough), otherwise I would have had to order them for sure.

Back