Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time will tell if anyone converts or what the EX will be? I really like the clean droids but the that base is awesome. Wish the EX had both bases. It would have been an easier choice for me. No big loss if it doesn't convert though but it would had been nice to have it on order.

Last edited:
Man. Very, very, very cool. I just couldn't pull the trigger on that price point though. Especially when it's almost half of what a 1:2 Darth Maul would cost me. All personal preference, no need to castrate me if you don't like the Maul lol.. I LOVE it. Very jealous of those that get this, congrats in advance.

Oh thanks.... I guess mine will not convert now since it sold out less then 1 hour. Damn it..... :monkey4

I'm in the same boat as you VS this was going to be my first Star Wars piece. Now I might be inclined to just leave this line alone. So torn, not sure if I would be happy with the regular as I prefered the clean version.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Here is a classic case of you snoze you lose. I was not aware that these were going up for sale. My friend called and left a message saying they were up for pre order. Went to the page and all the EX are sold out!!!

I put myself on the waitlist but now I have to hope to get one?? This sucks. I really wanted these two. I could get the reg but I like the clean so much better.

I have waited so long for these only to be burned. Hells Bells!

Time will tell if anyone converts or what the EX will be? I really like the clean droids but the that base is awesome. Wish the EX had both bases. It would have been an easier choice for me. No big loss if it doesn't convert though but it would had been nice to have it on order.

So did you order the regular version then VS?

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Here is a classic case of you snoze you lose. I was not aware that these were going up for sale. My friend called and left a message saying they were up for pre order. Went to the page and all the EX are sold out!!!

I put myself on the waitlist but now I have to hope to get one?? This sucks. I really wanted these two. I could get the reg but I like the clean so much better.

I have waited so long for these only to be burned. Hells Bells!

I am on vacation this week and somehow I am in the same boat as you. I had no idea this was going up for sale today and this was one of the few purchases I have been waiting for. I am part sad and part pissed off for missing it.

Watch Sideshow repeating the same screw-up they did with the Boromir statue/maquette. It had both versions, but when shipped, turns out that it was reversed, and the regular is now the exclusive.
And...A day or so after people starting to get them in hand, Sideshow switched the web pages.

simply amazing how different tastes are.. the weathered for me are so much better and they look as they jumped right out of the movie!! you can feel the movie by seeing them on the tatooine base...
..if just the price would be a couple hundreds less it would be a no brainer to buy the regular version

That's a purdy fast sell out these days.....were orders just that high or is the edition that low?

Weird people missed the EX--it was online for an hour

That doesn't make any sense. :lol

If less people missed it, it would be up shorter.

If more people missed it, it would be up longer.

Time has nothing to do with it, as sell outs are based on quantity.

Well that was not long enough for me.

Funny thing the more I look at the reg the more i start to like the dirty paint look. R2 is much better IMO. But I still like a clean 3PO better.

The shiny C3PO looks much better to me. Something looks off with the other one.

I am not too worried about this one. SS will up the edition size given the demand. They did that with Talon, Optimus, and Rex, to name a few.

i will be pretty pissed off if they pull that stunt again, lure you in with fake soldout just to open up again later, it's lame.

No... I just want the base for the reg & the clean version PFs for the EX. I debated for it for 50 minutes then when I came back on, it was sold out. :gah:

sorry but that will look like crap with clean version on a sand base...

---------------------

The weathered version is more of a movie scene themed setup, while the clean version is a museum display piece. Now that i think about it for a bit, i definitely prefer the clean version with the black base, it has a certain unspoken epicness to it. Weathered version is more suited for smaller/cheaper versions like from koto or 1/6 scale.

For a statue this expensive and 1/4 scale, definitely prefer the clean "new" look as if displayed in a museum. (just personal taste of course).

What i really want is a joint black base so you can display both of them together but cant have everything right? Also hoping for an ac adapter (please please dont let this be battery only!)

So does anyone know if the EX R2 and 3PO come on their own seperate base?

If so that might be just the thing that pushes me to the reg version.

Has anyone ever been on a waitlist then also ordered the reg to be safe?? Then when the EX converts you choose to drop the reg version. Do you still get nailed for the NRD on the reg edition?

Epic looking items. Probably too rich for my blood. Would be awesome if they way over produce the regular edition and then it was available for like $500 down the road. :lol

Back