Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this kind sucks, looking at my display remembered my entire star war collection (except yoda vs trooper) is 1/5 scale attakus, not 1/4.

now what? :thud:

pax11.jpg

Never bought any PF yet. I am really thinking hard... this could be my first PF.

:horror are you serious? I got PF vader, PF tuskin, PF Luke,, and PF storm trooper today. I tell you those are true PF statues. Their size is bigger than all current PF statues. They are huge. The PF vader looks dumb in the pics. It looks very boring and the pose seems to suck. But when I got this today. All I can say is "DAMN!! He was so freaking big and so bling. He sky rocketed to one of my favorite statues now. Very good in person. Even the pose is very well done. Hard to believe unless you own it or seen it in person. Same as the tuskin raider he's huge. Overall go for PF statues and your hooked for life. :clap

Last edited:
:horror are you serious? I got PF vader, PF tusk in, and PF storm trooper today. I tell you those are true PF statues. Their size is bigger than all current PF statues. They are huge. The PF vader looks dumb in the pics. It looks very boring and the pose seems to suck. But when I got this today. All I can say is "DAMN!! He was so freaking big and so bling. He sky rocketed to one of my favorite statues now. Very good in person. Even the pose is very well done. Hard to believe unless you own it or seen it in person. Same as the tuskin raider he's huge. Overall go for PF statues and your hooked for life. :clap

lol you seriously need to slow down, or you will burn yourself out in a few months. mark my word.

this hobby is a marathon, part of the fun is finding the rare pieces at good price and do it gradually. Any dork can drop 20k and get most of the stuff off ebay but then it's no fun. I know i wasted so much money at the beginning too buying up all sorts of crap off ebay, ended up selling most of it as i figured out what i really wanted. Still got a storage full of medicom vcd figures if anyone wants to buy them...

In that case I would just get the Artakus droids. They're quite good and should still be cheaper than the Sideshow PF versions.

not really, they go anywhere from $300-500 each. And i really hate the weathering on the attakus r2d2, it's as if someone ____ yellow stain all over it.

this is definitely the droid set to get, i just need to figureout what to do with my star war collection...as it's all messed up in term of scale.

Never bought any PF yet. I am really thinking hard... this could be my first PF.

Me neither but I have Jessica Rabbit on pre-order.
I'm just concerned PFs are too big for my space and I tend to not be a fan of museum pose.
If I fall in love with with Jessica (who wouldn't) and she's not too big I'll order all the other Disney PFs.
I'm also considering Lara since because of the pose she's not as tall at other PFs.

lol you seriously need to slow down, or you will burn yourself out in a few months. mark my word.

this hobby is a marathon, part of the fun is finding the rare pieces at good price and do it gradually. Any dork can drop 20k and get most of the stuff off ebay but then it's no fun. I know i wasted so much money at the beginning too buying up all sorts of crap off ebay, ended up selling most of it as i figured out what i really wanted. Still got a storage full of medicom vcd figures if anyone wants to buy them...

it has taken me a LONG time to figure out what I want in my collection. I have had so many pieces and then sold them off. It's tuff because SS makes so much great stuff. I now have a vision and I should be complete by 2014 Sideshow time.

not really, they go anywhere from $300-500 each. And i really hate the weathering on the attakus r2d2, it's as if someone ____ yellow stain all over it.

this is definitely the droid set to get, i just need to figureout what to do with my star war collection...as it's all messed up in term of scale.

Patience is the key. I got my Attakus C3PO for under $200, and I've seen the R2 go for around $300.

it has taken me a LONG time to figure out what I want in my collection. I have had so many pieces and then sold them off. It's tuff because SS makes so much great stuff. I now have a vision and I should be complete by 2014 Sideshow time.

what is your vision?

Let's hear more on this vision. Curious.

No doubt. After collecting Hasbro 3.75" stuff for years I searched until I found a great deal on the Scout Trooper/Speeder Bike PF and have gradually built it up from there. It takes a lot longer with the PF stuff even at picked prices but I think it's way more fun than going to my local TRU and buying anything new (which was always a crap shoot).

No doubt. After collecting Hasbro 3.75" stuff for years I searched until I found a great deal on the Scout Trooper/Speeder Bike PF and have gradually built it up from there. It takes a lot longer with the PF stuff even at picked prices but I think it's way more fun than going to my local TRU and buying anything new (which was always a crap shoot).

Lol I used to collect toys as well from spawn, star wars, transformers, motu, thunder cats, and voltron. Statues are much more fun. I hate going to toysrus so much.

Still trying to sell of my 3.75" collection piece by piece to fund the PF addiction. At least now I have a few months to figure out how to pay for this new PF.....until the next ones drop.

Let's hear more on this vision. Curious.

what is your vision?

It's nothing great. I just want to have several statues of characters that were EXTREMELY important to me in my childhood. Characters that not only were heros of mine or helped shape my movie fandom but have, for me, stood the test of time. Menaing I still love the films and the characters. I want what is, again for me, the best representation of those characters or of the the film. I want pieces that I won't sell regardless how the value might go up.

I decided this a couple of years ago when I found myself buying items and never being 100% happy with a purchase. NOW that is not to say I did not think the statue was awesome. I thought the Punisher and Spidey comiquettes were some of the best SS has ever done. But while I like the characters, I don't love them. I loved the statues of them but because they did not shape my childhood and remain with me into adulthood I wanted the $$ more then the statues. Then there was the Darth Vader and Fett PFs. Great pieces of great characters. Characters that I love but not my fav. characters in those films. There were many many more. I just decided it was time for emotional quality over "looks cool" quantity.

I have my JAWS / Bruce NTT maquette to represent my fav. film of all time. I would like one day to add quints boat the ORCA.

I have the Indiana Jones TOD PF. Now while not as iconic as the ROTLA the paint apps on my TOD PF are AMAZING. Add to that the fact that it actually TOD that made me a CRAZY Indiana Jones fan. I saw that film in theaters when I was thirteen yrs of age. The perfect film for a young male teen. I also feel the film is underrated and by far the best of the Indy sequals

I have the Conan the Barbarian PF. This film probably impacted me more then any other film ever. I was obsessed with it. It is my fav. production designed film of all time. Ron Cobb did amazing work designing that world. The Atlantean Sword is my all time fav film prop (have that also) I got into all the comics for about eight years and the Original Soundtrack is still my 1st or 2nd fav album of all time.

Now I have C-3PO and R2 - D2 pfs on order. R2 is my fav. character from the films and they both are by far, for me, the best representation of those films. I mean I was a child of the 70's so of course I was attracted to the child frindly droids. But man their image was everywhere. I still love them and never understand the hate that 3PO gets from some.

The Hulk Maquette - I have had several Hulks in my days. All great but none perfect. The Hulk was, along with Batman, my first comics. I also grew up with the show. I love his design and the fact that all of this power is in the mind of a child. The Maquette while not comic based looks like the perfect representation of him. I have sold all my other hulks to get ready for this guys release.

The Joker and Batman PFs - Had the comics as a child. I remember finding strange that the comics were so dark and sort of scary when I was use to the 60's tv show reruns. Batman and Joker are Iconic and still capture my imagination to this day.

And finally I am thinking of getting the LOTR Gollum PF. I am having a hard time pulling the trigger on this due to the fact that I did not come to these films until my adult age. They are the only new films that remind me of the films of my childhood. I think Gollum, holding the ring up, best represents the feel and tone of the films. It is also my fav shot from the three movies.

My God I am sorry for how long reply became. I hope it makes sense. I have been thinking of this for some time. Trying to figure out how I want to make the room look. Guess I got caught up in my dreams while writing this :)

Almost forgot I have a 1964 godzilla Model. Godzilla was by far my biggest childhood hero. Still love him and now so do my kids!!!

Back