Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still torn. I'm on the waitlist for the EX but I like the reg's base better. But I like the clean versions better of the EX. I don't know what to do!!! UGH!

And I'm such an exclusives whore too. It's just so hard. :lol

Just tell yourself the Reg is the Ex. :) Basically is with the more elaborate base, paint job and the restraing bolts.

:) :)

I know that won't work but it's worth a try.
It does suck being an EX whore.

Thanks. It really did work out. Had I been there for the EX pre orders I would have been going Nuts trying to pick one and would have panicked and picked the EX as I watched the numbers go down. This way I had three days to really think about it and look at the photos for a great deal of time and make the best choice for me.

Crazy, you are on this forum so much and missed them. Sorry man.

My advice to everyone is get a twitter account, add Sideshow, and receive mobile alerts. They announce when everything is up for sale. Super easy and sends you a text message instantly. It's also great to keep up with what's new at Sideshow.

Crazy, you are on this forum so much and missed them. Sorry man.

My advice to everyone is get a twitter account, add Sideshow, and receive mobile alerts. They announce when everything is up for sale. Super easy and sends you a text message instantly. It's also great to keep up with what's new at Sideshow.

It's Ok Gruson. Like I said it worked out for the best for me. I am pretty sure I got on the WL soon enough for it to probably convert. This way i had the time to think about which one I like best.

But yeah it is crazy that I missed these. I am here all the time. The one day I was not paying close attention is the day the order goes up. Crazy. You can bet your butt that I will be here every day until that Hulk Maquette goes up whenever that may be.

Ok. I pulled the trigger and cancelled my waitlist. So all of you who were behind me have now been bumped up.

I just don't care for the two bases and I think R2 looks WAY better in the Reg edition.

3PO looks better in the EX but still looks pretty great in the reg.

Single base for both statues is the real deal breaker here.

I really feel Ok with this, which is good for my OCD :)

Cancelled my WL as well. Showed both versions to my son and brother last night and they both picked the reg without hesitation.

Ten bucks says these exclusives were snapped up by flippers who will part them out for $600 a piece. :monkey1

:chillpill: That's cool I'm happy with the reg set. I don't feel the need to have the EX. If my WL converts then I will have it otherwise the reg is definitely the way to go IMO.

Going to post my flexpay question again before it gets lost in the thread

I also changed my reg into a flexpay.

This is my first flexpay I have ever done. Figured it would hurt less to watch the funds slowly go away rather then one big BANG! :)

My question is - Are you able to pay it off early if you want? And do flexpay buyers get there items later then the rest of the one time payment buyers?

Thanks for the info in advance.

I've been lurking in this thread, but I figured I'd throw my two cents in.

From someone who's not an uber Star Wars fan (but nonetheless appreciates the OT,) I think the regular is far superior. I much prefer the weathered look, and the Tatooine base was the 'nail in the coffin.'

If anything, I think the 'Regular' should have been titled as the 'Exclusive' and vice versa. But, hey, the fact that Sideshow offers both is awesome. The finished product looks excellent.

This is my first flexpay I have ever done. Figured it would hurt less to watch the funds slowly go away rather then one big BANG! :)

My question is - Are you able to pay it off early if you want? And do flexpay buyers get there items later then the rest of the one time payment buyers?

yes sir ! you can pay it off earlier if you like :)

In many cases FLEXPay folks do have a choice to pay their items off early (if the item they've had on FLEXPay is in house/shipping/shipping VERY soon). They would just need to contact our Customer Service department to set that up/find out if it's possible for their item.

Sometimes FLEXPay folks will get their items a little later than single payment folks (depends when the FLEXPay final payments occur)

-SideshowAlex

In many cases FLEXPay folks do have a choice to pay their items off early (if the item they've had on FLEXPay is in house/shipping/shipping VERY soon). They would just need to contact our Customer Service department to set that up/find out if it's possible for their item.

Sometimes FLEXPay folks will get their items a little later than single payment folks (depends when the FLEXPay final payments occur)

-SideshowAlex

Thank you myc and SideshowAlex!!

-SideshowAlex

Alex!

Check out this thread if you get a second. Please! :pray:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112407

Ok. I dropped my Waitlist for the EX put myself on flexpay for the Reg and now i just have to wait seven months (which really means 15 months in SS time) for the item to arrive. C-ya then!

I wonder if there might be a market for replacement bases for these guys. For me, the only reason I might want to display them separately would be if they come out with a Jabba PF, and then I might want to incorporate 3PO into a Jabba's palace display. Otherwise, I think the droids look great together.

Depending on how the electronics work, and if R2 is not pegged to the base as we've heard, a custom base for both, be it Tatooine, Yavin, Hoth, should be easy enough. It's probably easier to add 1 custom base to the 2 separate EX bases rather than making 2 separate custom bases for the reg. We'll know better how the electronics are implemented at SDCC I think.

Last edited:
I decided to pre-order the regular too...the biggest difference for me is being able to have them on one base. These guys are meant to be display together as far as I'm concerned. I also like the weathered look and sand base - very iconic for these characters. Add in the savings from ordering a regular through a retailer, and this is definitely the way to go for me.

Back