Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No chrome here or even in the awards ceremony. Just because a toy used it doesn't mean it's right.

r2d2_relationship.png

Agreed... chrome isn't the answer, but they should find a better way to apply the silver paint to the dome.

Indeed, it's brushed metal, but it's still not paint. I'm not sure anyone's ever gotten it right on a figure/statue. R2's dome is like Mark Hamills face, no one ever gets it right.

R2's dome is spun aluminum, which is very hard to duplicate unless you're good at the spun metal look technique on fiberglass.

But the dome on the R2 PF will likely not be either aluminum or fiberglass, so set your expectations accordingly.

They could cold cast (with aluminum powder) the dome and buff it with .000 steel wool.

For the money they're going to be asking. It would be a simple process and look much better.

Possibly, but a lot of the casting powders tend to look more like silver paint than aluminum and I don't think we've ever seen Sideshow use that technique. But I guess it's possible. Anything that doesn't result in either a chrome or a dull, flat dome is fine with me.

I wonder how much thus set will costs? 450.00? 400.00? :dunno its going to be expense for sure.

400 ? 450 ? I guess will be over 800. Like the Premium Format of Dark Rider of Mordor show this week, that are two figures too like the droids.

That Dark Rider is sweet but it won't be neary as iconic as these two as long as everything looks as it should upon release.

$450 would be enough IMO !! Emperor with the light-up Throne would be the same as the droids .. 1 1/2 statues..

$450 would be enough IMO !! Emperor with the light-up Throne would be the same as the droids .. 1 1/2 statues..

I sure hope so. At 800.00 I will pass. Just too many 500.00 to 800.00 items coming out at the same time.:slap

^ Agreed SSC is getting too expensive. I think is will be around $400/$500 mark though.

^ Agreed SSC is getting too expensive. I think is will be around $400/$500 mark though.

I think we are in for one expensive ride this year. First rhino, skaar, the Droids set, lotr rider, legendary statues, then the reg statues all at close to 400.00 shipped each one. :gah:

I think we are in for one expensive ride this year. First rhino, skaar, the Droids set, lotr rider, legendary statues, then the reg statues all at close to 400.00 shipped each one. :gah:

They'd catch more flies with lower prices!:wink1:

Back