Premium Format C-3PO & R2-D2 Premium Format Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so far it still says Limited Edition on the Sideshow website. So without a valid source, it's still a rumor.

That is the confirmation. Open ES editions are marked at limited. That's how sideshow does it. If it had an ES it would be listed and if it was still to be determined it would say TBA.

Ahh man it is gonna be an expensive year, at least we get a little breathing room on these guys.

:exactly: Since I have basically given up hope on the EX. (despite Sideshow saying they would cancel my WL but actually haven't yet), I'm glad I have time to spare before worrying about these guys.

Why would you (or anyone) be disappointed by this? You bought them because a) you're a fan of SW, and b) they're something you want to have in your collection.

Didn't you?

Yes I did but then I would sell my ex I have now and get it for much less. I mean how dumb would I be for not wanting to save some money if an exact chrome set comes out for less. It would have no meaning to me as a ex if the other new set is the same thing except it says ESB on the base. I'm sure some collectors will feel the same way. I dont think all of them would be jumping for joy. I know I would not be. But either way I will own a set just the one I can pay less for if they are the same. At least that's what I would do.

It's been said before and will be said many times more - if people are in this hobby to invest, you're in the wrong hobby. Collect because you enjoy it, not because a piece has a high chance of being worth more $$ down the road.

I wanted the droids ever since I started collecting the PF line. It irked me a little bit that SS switched the TBD to LE on the reg edition, because of the principle behind it. But at the end of the day, I will still have the droids proudly on display.

It's been said before and will be said many times more - if people are in this hobby to invest, you're in the wrong hobby. Collect because you enjoy it, not because a piece has a high chance of being worth more $$ down the road.

I wanted the droids ever since I started collecting the PF line. It irked me a little bit that SS switched the TBD to LE on the reg edition, because of the principle behind it. But at the end of the day, I will still have the droids proudly on display.

I just want close to what I paid for them if I decide to sell. Some lost is fine, and is expected. But not a huge lost like 40 to 50% I would not be happy with. I don't care for investing in these for a few extra dollars which is pretty much nothing. Surely its not worth all the troubles in statue selling. Just way too much headaches. I'm sure if the same set comes out with a tiny change I would even lose money on the first ex Droids set. I know most don't care about this, even if they can only sell it for a 50% loss. I guess I'm just being a greedy bastard. Oh well maybe it's just me.

I just want close to what I paid for them if I decide to sell. Some lost is fine, and is expected. But not a huge lost like 40 to 50% I would not be happy with. I don't care for investing in these for a few extra dollars which is pretty much nothing. Surely its not worth all the troubles in statue selling. Just way too much headaches. I'm sure if the same set comes out with a tiny change I would even lose money on the first ex Droids set. I know most don't care about this, even if they can only sell it for a 50% loss. I guess I'm just being a greedy bastard. Oh well maybe it's just me.

I think we're all guilty of that, or at least have been. I'm greedy in wanting more statues after I have plenty of them. It never ends.

I think we're all guilty of that, or at least have been. I'm greedy in wanting more statues after I have plenty of them. It never ends.

Lol yes me too, just going out of control. I need to find control someway. Just can't do it now with so many I like. Then the new DC line coming how can I miss the justice league? I mean superman, batman and wonder woman? No way I'm missing those. :)

Yes I did but then I would sell my ex I have now and get it for much less. I mean how dumb would I be for not wanting to save some money if an exact chrome set comes out for less.

go ahead and sell it, and then wait a few years before they finally do it. Because if they do it, it won't be within a few months. Especially not when they still sell the regular version.

Do you guys think its worth it to wait and see if sideshow will do a cool mythos version of c-3po/r2d2/chewbacca or get these premium formats now? I have a couple of the mythos on preorder.

Thanks!

Back