C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the email to, however I have the 750 edition on flex, shipping in 2 month....Otherwise would have ordered this one.

I think this was probably discussed earlier, but how do you rationalize calling something "limited edition" when there are no limits to how many they can make? Also, previous life sized busts were called "limited edition" and actually did sell out (and appreciate on the secondary market because of it).

So this is the 400106 version, which means that it has more weathering and no edition number on the bottom?

Going back to this question, I see that the one I have on Flexpay is the original version with sku 400054. The product page for that one is still "archived." The ones that they newly got in are indeed the 400106 models. I just wonder if they are actually saving one of the older ones for me or if I'll just get one of the new edition when my order finally ships.

I think Sideshow is being rather slippery with this whole issue, since they don't make it clear that these are actually a different product from the original bust, and that they aren't really a "limited" limited edition.

I think this was probably discussed earlier, but how do you rationalize calling something "limited edition" when there are no limits to how many they can make? Also, previous life sized busts were called "limited edition" and actually did sell out (and appreciate on the secondary market because of it).

That's Sideshow money making logic for you.

Once they stop producing, whether it be 100 or 10,000, it's 'limited' :dunno :slap :cuckoo:

I think limited now means, "Well, it's not like we're gonna make a million of 'em".

Going back to this question, I see that the one I have on Flexpay is the original version with sku 400054. The product page for that one is still "archived." The ones that they newly got in are indeed the 400106 models. I just wonder if they are actually saving one of the older ones for me or if I'll just get one of the new edition when my order finally ships.

I think Sideshow is being rather slippery with this whole issue, since they don't make it clear that these are actually a different product from the original bust, and that they aren't really a "limited" limited edition.

Wait and see if it has a number on it :dunno
Very 'slipoery', they look the same to me.

I dont agree at all with how SS has handled this issue.....

I love the bust and im happy to have it in my collection but when I bought it it was sold out with SS and had been for a while and that was a big part of why I pulled the trigger at my LCS also putting off getting some other pieces that I had my eye on that have now also been sold at my LCS

Then all of a sudden SS just starts pumping them out again with a slightly dirtier finish????

How does this happen???? What is the point in having a ES if SS can just make a minor change and start producing them again???

Why are we paying top dollar for items that are limited only to find out later yeah um actually we are just going to make some more......

How about MR fires up again and starts knocking out slightly dirtier Falcons???

I love the bust and im happy to have it in my collection but when I bought it it was sold out with SS and had been for a while and that was a big part of why I pulled the trigger at my LCS also putting off getting some other pieces that I had my eye on that have now also been sold at my LCS

Then all of a sudden SS just starts pumping them out again with a slightly dirtier finish????

How does this happen???? What is the point in having a ES if SS can just make a minor change and start producing them again???

Why are we paying top dollar for items that are limited only to find out later yeah um actually we are just going to make some more......

Terminator Endo skull Clean & Combat version?
It's not exactly a new money making tactic.
Wrong I agree but expected.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap I wish.

Terminator Endo skull Clean & Combat version?
It's not exactly a new money making tactic.
Wrong I agree but expected.

Actually no. The original plan was to release a second "clean" version of the bust, and that would have been exactly the same as the endo skull, etc. However, they cancelled that plan due to manufacturing difficulties. What they apparently decided to do after that was to release more than the originally planned 750 of the weathered bust. From what I can tell, any differences in the appearance of the new bust are relatively minor and can be chalked up to them using a different factory or technique. They aren't really different versions at all, and to a casual observer would seem to be the same product.

That's unprecedented for Sideshow, as far as I know, and it's disturbing because people make buying decisions based on edition size to some degree. I know of one person who spent considerably over retail to get this bust because he thought it was sold out, for example.

Back