C-3PO Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume that they decided to go in that direction because the only other alternative was to cancel the piece all together, and that would have caused an uproar as well.

Well, they did in fact cancel the piece. I guess you could argue that the people who were holding out for the clean version can at least get some version of C-3PO this way, but the flip side of it is that the people who bought the old version are having their pieces devalued.

Well, they did in fact cancel the piece.

Yes, but my point was that they decided to offer the POs a kind of compensation.

But I get it why collectors are upset because they paid big money to get it on the assumption that this piece would never be available again from retail.

Reality:

raiders-warehouse.jpg

Looks like typical Sideshow marketing tactics again.

Just wait for the, "We found some while cleaning up our stockroom!" :monkey4

These might be the refurbished ones they received from customers and fixed them.

I think they are just part of the remaining pieces made from the Special Edition pieces. They've been in stock ever since, but they just have a few left, it would seem.

Just wanted to let you all know if you were considering getting this. I can highly recommend it.

those 33 are returned damaged bust.. that will be turned into Battle damaged/worn C-3PO! :lol

If sb. is searching for one within the EU galaxyshop.eu hast listed some for a pretty decent price.

So as I mentioned above, I've had this bust on FlexPay since May and I finally took delivery of it today. It's going to be a Christmas present for myself, so I'm not displaying it or photographing it yet, but I did open it for inspection and I'll have to say that it looks pretty good. It's number 669 of 750, and is probably the last of the numbered ones that Sideshow shipped. Nobody here returned this one, did they? In any case, I don't notice any problems aside from the power button in the back of the head being a little off-center.

As some of you may recall, I had the full size C-3PO figure for a couple of years, so I have a pretty good basis for comparison. The paint job (or chroming and weathering job, to be more precise) is well done and not too heavy. Some of the life size figures in particular had weathering that was so heavy that they looked basically like they were painted gold, even though they had shiny gold chrome underneath. My figure wasn't that bad, though, and neither is this bust. You can see your reflection in it.

Personally, there's no way I would buy another full sized figure from Sideshow. It's 10x the price for maybe 2-3x the impressiveness, in my opinion. And that doesn't even get into the quality control and durability issues I and others experienced with the life size figures. The methods and materials they use for these busts don't scale well for a full sized figure.

Anyway, I will post some photos come Christmastime. In the meantime I still have to figure out where I'm going to put it...

Got my weathered C-3P0 bust very impressed. My only question I have two very small bubbles which sit under the restraining bolt. Is this the norm?

is it inappropriate to say that this looks like a golden licking nipple ??

So as I mentioned above, I've had this bust on FlexPay since May and I finally took delivery of it today. It's going to be a Christmas present for myself, so I'm not displaying it or photographing it yet, but I did open it for inspection and I'll have to say that it looks pretty good. It's number 669 of 750, and is probably the last of the numbered ones that Sideshow shipped. Nobody here returned this one, did they? In any case, I don't notice any problems aside from the power button in the back of the head being a little off-center.

As some of you may recall, I had the full size C-3PO figure for a couple of years, so I have a pretty good basis for comparison. The paint job (or chroming and weathering job, to be more precise) is well done and not too heavy. Some of the life size figures in particular had weathering that was so heavy that they looked basically like they were painted gold, even though they had shiny gold chrome underneath. My figure wasn't that bad, though, and neither is this bust. You can see your reflection in it.

Personally, there's no way I would buy another full sized figure from Sideshow. It's 10x the price for maybe 2-3x the impressiveness, in my opinion. And that doesn't even get into the quality control and durability issues I and others experienced with the life size figures. The methods and materials they use for these busts don't scale well for a full sized figure.

Anyway, I will post some photos come Christmastime. In the meantime I still have to figure out where I'm going to put it...

Not really :)
Just got this today, 721/750 :

20131001_183901_zpseaff876a.jpg

20131001_205823_zps57b0f148.jpg

20131001_210212_zps72e914a4.jpg

The bigger the piece, the easier it is to see flaws.

Congrats! Looking forward to your pics.

Back