Building a TARDIS 1/6th scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you VERY much, I know you've been busy lately so I wasn't trying to rush you.
(edit) wow you covered everything I'm gonna need to finish her up.
AWESOME! :D

Last edited:
I managed to get some more work done today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dirk9REmJTA
I added the pitch to the roof last night and the top lamp today.
P1020453.jpg

P1020455.jpg

P1020457.jpg

P1020459.jpg

and here is how I power the thing... nothing glorious but it works.
P1020458.jpg

I got the sign boxes and floor provided by Jiminydog printed up today and added them to my box.
The signs came out a little big but thats MY fault.
P1020555.jpg

oh yeah, I've built a K9. He's not 100% accurate.. probably not 65% accurate but he works for now.
P1020559.jpg

P1020569.jpg

Here is a shot of the floor
P1020576.jpg

The Doctor prepares to go back to where I display him...
P1020590.jpg

P1020592.jpg

Here is a walk around youtube video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXLgPB46PrQ
Me
P1020567.jpg

Last edited:
If I had to do it over again, I would change the way I did a few things, but since I don't, I'll just live with it. :) It's not THAT bad :p
I still need to print up the faux-interior but I have started adding the windowframes to my box.

P1020791.jpg

P1020794.jpg

P1020795.jpg

P1020796.jpg

P1020797.jpg

I still need to add the rear ones, that should be done tomorrow evening.

lol.. for K9, I mostly used scrap pieces of wood and covered them with the cardboard from a cheez-it box lol. I used a "nickel" color paint on him that I bought discounted and discontinued at wal-mart.
I was planning to build him from sheet styrene and I will probably build another one from that in the future but I had the wood and went for it.

So... I got a package in the mail today.
P1020929.jpg

Says "Royal Mail"... Even my Tennant Doctor wonders what it is.
P1020933.jpg

The TARDIS Doors swing open and he finds out.
P1020937.jpg

So, yeah.. I bought myself the Walkie-talkies and as I type this the Doctor's head has been mounted on a new body but I need to re-paint it and make his outfit.
P1020938.jpg

Oh.. I'm re-working my Hasbro episode 3 Anakin and had a leftover right hand soo.... I made a Doctor Detector.
P1020939.jpg

P1020940.jpg

The HAND!! that's BRILLIANT! I have to do that myself.

I got the walkies too, filled in the holes on the slitheen with putty and painted them over.

For the 9th Doctor, you need to pick up the 12" Red Baron figure (which a couple sellers have on ebay really really cheap right now, must be on clearance) -- his jacket, once painted black and modified slightly is a perfect leather jacket for the doctor, and you can transfer the head from the walkie to the Red Baron fig. (I ended up repainting my head as well to give it a little better flesh tone and so forth.) You'll need to find a 1/6 v-neck sweater somewhere, I just happened to have one in my spares box already... black pants and boots should be easy to find...

Last edited:
cool, thanks for the heads up on the Baron. I'll have to look into that. :D
I'm probably going to make the sweater and a new pair of pants.. I have plenty of boots. lol
I re-mounted the head last night on a power team figure I bought at big lots for $10.00 which I extended the legs on a little bit. I'm probably going to re-paint this head and the Tennant head at the same time. The head from the Power Team figure looks surprisingly like Simon Pegg without a mustache... Editor figure anyone??? ;)

I finished the outfit for my 9th doctor figure, I just went ahead and MADE the Jacket ;) now he needs a good repaint.
P1030106.jpg

P1030108.jpg

P1030112.jpg

I FINALLY got an interior done up.
Unfortunately, it printed a little too small but I'll fix that tomorrow or Monday.
P1050350.jpg

So how goes the custom WHO building? You had hinted that you were starting another project. Is it another thread somewhere?

Unbelievable work!! Where did you get Tennant's head from? And the Tardis is custom built right?

GORGEOUS

And your custom jacket for Eccleston is great!

Back