Building a TARDIS 1/6th scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_jedi1

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've always wanted my own TARDIS. Growing up watching Doctor Who, it was a given that having one would just be awesome but after searching and searching, I learned that finding a decent sized one was frustrating at best and even the small ones are not cheap (unless you make the cardboard one from the instructions in the old technical manual..).
I was planning on making myself a 1/6th Dalek, still am, but I wanted to plan out a TARDIS while I was at it.

P1020019.jpg

While my wife and I were at Michaels pricing the stuff I'd need to build it, she reminded me that this paycheck was a bit fatter than usual, so I went for it.

P1020039.jpg

P1020080.jpg

P1020113.jpg

P1020115.jpg

P1020117.jpg

P1020118.jpg

P1020119.jpg

P1020120.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15MP6bM1A64
thats where I am right at this moment.. Cost me about $60.00 in materials, I THINK that I have enough to finish lol :p
I'm hoping to finish it up before the end of the week.

WOW...now that is super cool.. I am definitely interested in seeing how this pans out. A 1/6th TARDIS is definitely on my wish list, and I wish I was talented enough to make one of my one.

Looks good so far. Is it going to be bigger on the inside :lol:lol:lol

You could put a blue led light on the top that you can make flash too. Hope it comes out great

I made some progress today...
P1020128.jpg

P1020129.jpg

P1020130.jpg

P1020131.jpg

P1020132.jpg

I added the step-up on the top after I took these. Probably won't do any more tonight but I'll try to do some tomorrow after work.
I'm definitely planning to have a light at the top... going to try to light the "police box" llights too, we'll see how those turn out :p
I'm not going to have it bigger on the inside... I'm not THAT talented just yet ;)

I added two of the Sign Boxes today, probably do the others tomorrow or the next day.
P1020145.jpg

P1020146.jpg

P1020147.jpg

I'm thinking about making "little Annie" an empty child >:)

Missed PM. Bad time right now due to death in family so please be patient, will try to find those graphics for you.

Hey its the freaky kid with the gas mask! "Mummy? Are you my mummy?"

Tardis is looking great!

I made some MINOR progress this weekend... my mother-in-law went into the hospital with chest pains and VERY high blood pressure. Like twice the normal level.
I DID however get my Doctor figure in the mail today so at least something good happened.
P1020296.jpg

P1020297.jpg

P1020298.jpg

P1020299.jpg

I don't know how much progress I'll make in the next few days but I'll try to get some work done whenever I can.

I did more work to the body and got the lights added... no sound and the light at the top is constant instead of flashing, but they work (after much fiddling with it this evening.. I had them working then hooked in the power and bang.. nothing, I had to re-work EVERY connection but it's working now :p).
P1020441.jpg

P1020442.jpg

P1020443.jpg

P1020444.jpg

P1020445.jpg

P1020446.jpg

I took a video that I uploaded to youtube, it may not be fully processed just yet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0iLeVBpJC4

Last edited:
Eventually I'll put in a print-out of the interior like Jiminydog did on his.
No rush though I need to sort out my sign boxes and such first plus the right rear corner needs finished too.

Back