Buffy Season 8 —SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has everyone given up on the comic book? Season 9 is two issues out. Written by Joss. I caved in and ordered the first two. Waiting 6 months for the book would be too hard. And, any word on whether the Angel & Faith book is any good?

I think the A&F book is good. It also explains a bit about the Twilight deal(way too late is you ask me).

I prefer Frefall(the first Buffy arc) because I'm mainly a Buffy fan though. But many fans seems to prefer the A&F book.

Picked up the first couple of each season. I am also liking the Angel and Faith book a little more. The story seems more straightforward so far. And yes, I agree, the tie-in to Angel 6 was late, seems a little forced (to dovetail those two different books/seasons) but I appreciate the effort at least that if you did invest in the IDW Angel, they are retconning it so it wasn't a total waste. I did give it up mid-way myself, though. The Angel/Faith artwork is better, too.

The Buffy book seems to be starting a little slow. I am not liking her or Willow yet. But I think I'll hang in there, see where they go with it.

I haven't been keeping up with season 9, but...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm very excited about Season 9 and A&F. I've read the first arcs from both series and I must say I am very pleased with the writing and the art (the Angel series being perhaps even better than Buffy). It sure feels much more like the TV show than Season 8. I love the direction the stories are taking. And about the big event in #5, I think it's a great twist, something the series needed.

The new A&F series is so much better than the previous Angel series. I'm trying to wipe it out of my mind. Wesley had one of the best screen deaths ever, and what the comic did just spit all over it.

I just finished reading the Willow Wonderland TPB and it's a clear sign to me a turnaround is not coming to this series and I can safely stop investing interest and funds in Buffy season 9. It boggles my mind how the writers of the comic books could have trivialized the DW storyline by 'resurrecting' Warren and Rack and turning Willow into... whatever she is. Something unrecognizable. Disappointed to say the least.

I pick up Angel & Faith when the TPBs come out. Still liking that one so far. I hear rumors of a Firefly series from Dark Horse, too, but I don't think I'll be bothering. Such a disappointment no live action projects ever came from these great shows other than the Serenity movie.

Back