Bonds breaks record...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just because he's on your home team, doesn't mean you should feel obligated to support him. i'm pretty sure usc alumni don't support o.j.

what's right is right and what's wrong is wrong.

Oh give me a break. OJ was on trial for murder, one that he was found "not guilty" of even though the general thought is that he did it.

The Federal Government has been after Barry for years and as of yet the controversy is that he is heavily suspected of taking steroids but has not been convicted of anything. When he is or admits that he did then I'll say he doesn't deserve any acclaim but please don't compare a man arrested and put on trial for murder to a man suspected to taking performance enhancers.:rolleyes:

Oh give me a break. OJ was on trial for murder, one that he was found "not guilty" of even though the general thought is that he did it.

The Federal Government has been after Barry for years and as of yet the controversy is that he is heavily suspected of taking steroids but has not been convicted of anything. When he is or admits that he did then I'll say he doesn't deserve any acclaim but please don't compare a man arrested and put on trial for murder to a man suspected to taking performance enhancers.:rolleyes:

the general thought? dna evidence doesn't lie my friend.

the point of my post was 'supporting a lost cause'. zooooooooom. you didn't even duck.

sure, if arod does steroids and gets caught cheating like bonds.
I know this is an unpopular saying in sports but its the absolute truth, If your not cheating your not trying. A very large % of people in the Hall of Fame are known cheaters. Cheating is a part of sports, Barry had better science to use to cheat, but its no different then the great pitchers who were known for scuffing balls, using all kinds of substances on balls to change the way they act, corking bats, etc..

Well, that I won't argue with. Because of steroids and other performance enhancers many modern sports records are tainted, imho... especially in MLB where they didn't even address the issue or testing until recently (thanks to the most evil union in sports).

:clap

Bingo, I in no way condone cheating; but baseball was so incredibly behind the times that they have very little clout in this debate. It is really like given a speeding ticket to a driver a week later. Sure, the violation occured, but you weren't there to record it at the time. GMs and baseball didn't mind when McGwire and Sosa were taking the game to new heights, and of course they knew --- they just had to know.

It is up to baseball to stay on top of the latest enhancements, cheaters won't reform themselves.

Thankfully it will only be for 7-8 more years until Arod passes him by.

It actually should be much less, he is averaging about 100 homer runs every two years. Barring any career-ending injury, he should have it in 6 ish.

:rock

:clap

Bingo, I in no way condone cheating; but baseball was so incredibly behind the times that they have very little clout in this debate. It is really like given a speeding ticket to a driver a week later. Sure, the violation occured, but you weren't there to record it at the time. GMs and baseball didn't mind when McGwire and Sosa were taking the game to new heights, and of course they knew --- they just had to know.

It is up to baseball to stay on top of the latest enhancements, cheaters won't reform themselves.

i think baseball had a black eye from the 1994 strike. the home run race between mcguire and sosa got people watching again. i firmly believe for this reason, mlb knew of the performance enhancers and chose to ignore the usage for the benefit of the game. how about that, taking steroids to help the game.

I know this is an unpopular saying in sports but its the absolute truth, If your not cheating your not trying. A very large % of people in the Hall of Fame are known cheaters. Cheating is a part of sports, Barry had better science to use to cheat, but its no different then the great pitchers who were known for scuffing balls, using all kinds of substances on balls to change the way they act, corking bats, etc..

i kind of have to agree with you here in the fact cheating in sports has been part of games since inception and many hall of famers did their share of scuffing and corking. however, changing your body just seems to be a more drastic and unacceptable way of doing so.

in the future, will we see cybernetic implants that will enable a pitcher to consistently throw over 100mph? will we see someone hit over 100 homers in a season? where does it end?

at some point in time, integrity has to surface again. what ever happened to..it isn't whether you win or lose, but how you play the game?

i kind of have to agree with you here in the fact cheating in sports has been part of games since inception and many hall of famers did their share of scuffing and corking. however, changing your body just seems to be a more drastic and unacceptable way of doing so.

in the future, will we see cybernetic implants that will enable a pitcher to consistently throw over 100mph? will we see someone hit over 100 homers in a season? where does it end? at some point in time, integrity has to surface again.

As bad as it sounds but its the evolution of cheating. Corking a bat was to easy to be caught same with scuffing balls, so other means had to be found. I would bet there were people back in the 60 and 70 using steroids its not a new thing, just more available.

what ever happened to..it isn't whether you win or lose, but how you play the game?

I am sorry I always felt that was a losers mentality. Is that what you tell kids, yes you shouldn't tell kids to cheat but when they get older they will move away from this idea.

Myth Busters busted the corked bat myth, makes no difference.

That said, A-Rod could and probably will break Barry *Roid Boy* Bonds record in 4 to 5 years, maybe six.

The one player who maybe coming up and break records is Ryan 'The Hebrew Hammer' Braun from the Brewers. I am no Brewers fan, but I'm going to keep my eye on this young player.

And didn't Bonds beat his wife.....

"Unfortunately our win against the Decepticons has been tarnished because someone's tested positive for steroids. Bumblebee, you took out 756 of those no-good Deceps--- any idea who it could be?"

Well, actually, he did admit to it in grand jury testimony. Unfortunately, we aren't supposed to know that. Bonds is definitely a cheat and I have no doubt that steroids can turn 1B's into 2B's and 2B's in HR's. However, you still have to make contact and there's no doubt Bonds is a great hitter. He was likely a HOF'er before 1998. It's just a shame he holds the most sacred of all baseball records. And baseball is nothing without stats....

Back