Statue Blitzway Vito Corleone Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't know that you could order directly from Blitzway. Is the cost the same as Sideshow?

I just went on their website and it estimated $604. So while you may get it sooner it will cost more to ship. I'm sticking with sideshow as it will be cheaper to have it shipped.

Just got it. Here's a quick review:

Ok so this one is gonna be fairly short as it's a fairly basic piece, but this one is special to me as Godfather is my favourite movie of all time.

Firstly, the headsculpt. Likeness is spot on, it's definitely Marlon Brando, paint job is good, my only complaint is that he has a bit of a shine to him for some reason, giving it a bit of a soft, waxy look. It's not a deal breaker, but it would've been a home run if it had the normal matte appearance of most head sculpts. Otherwise the detail in the paint job is very good.

Body is perfect. He's not skinny at all, definitely has a bit of a gut, although the body feels a little on the light side which surprised me.

Tailoring of the suit is fantastic but it does need a hit of steam to get out the wrinkles in some areas and adjust it, which I will do later.

Statue is easy to put together, Body goes into the base as 1 piece, you then attach the hands which have the cuffs of the shirt attached to them and then the rose which is attached via 2 small magnets, one on the rose and one behind the lapel of the suit. You can move the suit magnet around wherever you want, it comes as a separate piece.

Base is beautiful and very classy. Very nice design around the border and real fabric on it representing the carpet.

The pose is ok, there's not a whole lot you can do with this character as far as poses go, I would have preferred him in the chair but I guess blitzway chose this as the chair pose has been done before.

Overall it's a very classy piece and I'm glad to own it. If you're a fan of the movie you'll love it.

I'll adjust the suit with a steamer and take some better quality pics in daylight tomorrow.

Just got it. Here's a quick review:

Ok so this one is gonna be fairly short as it's a fairly basic piece, but this one is special to me as Godfather is my favourite movie of all time.

Firstly, the headsculpt. Likeness is spot on, it's definitely Marlon Brando, paint job is good, my only complaint is that he has a bit of a shine to him for some reason, giving it a bit of a soft, waxy look. It's not a deal breaker, but it would've been a home run if it had the normal matte appearance of most head sculpts. Otherwise the detail in the paint job is very good.

Body is perfect. He's not skinny at all, definitely has a bit of a gut, although the body feels a little on the light side which surprised me.

Tailoring of the suit is fantastic but it does need a hit of steam to get out the wrinkles in some areas and adjust it, which I will do later.

Statue is easy to put together, Body goes into the base as 1 piece, you then attach the hands which have the cuffs of the shirt attached to them and then the rose which is attached via 2 small magnets, one on the rose and one behind the lapel of the suit. You can move the suit magnet around wherever you want, it comes as a separate piece.

Base is beautiful and very classy. Very nice design around the border and real fabric on it representing the carpet.

The pose is ok, there's not a whole lot you can do with this character as far as poses go, I would have preferred him in the chair but I guess blitzway chose this as the chair pose has been done before.

Overall it's a very classy piece and I'm glad to own it. If you're a fan of the movie you'll love it.

I'll adjust the suit with a steamer and take some better quality pics in daylight tomorrow.

Glad it turned out well. I look forward to seeing the pictures.

As promised, here's some pics, although these are in artificial light. I'm very happy with how this piece turned out!

SurniMP.jpg

9OuS7Ag.jpg

yOLcmWr.jpg

uV4Myyp.jpg

9PJgvhZ.jpg

5LQFMwQ.jpg

Q0SAsYt.jpg

PAKLNcg.jpg

Lovely photographs. Amazing the difference a little futzing, photo quality and lighting can make.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Excellent pics xplosive, looks great! I'll wait until I get it in hand to decide, but maybe I'll very lightly dry brush a bit of dullcoat if I feel it's necessary.

Lovely photographs. Amazing the difference a little futzing, photo quality and lighting can make.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Right? It's why I never judge on early pics.

Excellent pics xplosive, looks great! I'll wait until I get it in hand to decide, but maybe I'll very lightly dry brush a bit of dullcoat if I feel it's necessary.

Thanks man. Yeah a bit of dullcoat would probably take it up a notch.

My only other complaint is that his pants are a little on the baggy side. I can't remember if they were like that in the film, it they can be adjusted to look more tailored from the front like I've shown in my pics, but from side on you can see it lol.

Yeah the head comes off man.

Thanks for the info man.

So I'll put this out there before buying one to resell :rotfl
Would anyone be willing to cast their head if so I'd be willing to pay a good price..... drop me a PM. :lecture

My current head on my 1:4 figure is very lack luster so would like to replace it with blitzways. :dunno

Back