Statue BLITZWAY- Rocky II - 1/4th scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Blitzway, everything they do is awesome, it's sculpted by K.A. Kim, the best sculptor in the hobby, and you need to wait and see what the final product looks like before you order it?

It's Blitzway, everything they do is awesome, it's sculpted by K.A. Kim, the best sculptor in the hobby, and you need to wait and see what the final product looks like before you order it?

Yes I do and for several reasons.

1. Will the final product sculpt be as good as the proto because the Marylin Monroe one is not as good as the proto. So why K.A. Kim might have made a perfect Monroe sculpt, the final product felt short. :(

2. The production paint job.

3. Will there be any QC problems?

4. Last but not least I am not a huge fan of Rocky (although I like the films) but I mainly want to buy this because I like the look of it and not so much because I want a Rocky statue.

And BTW not everything Blitzway do has been awesome as far as quality is concerned.

Last edited:
Yes I do and for several reasons.

1. Will the final product sculpt be as good as the proto because the Marylin Monroe one is not as good as the proto. So why K.A. Kim might have made a perfect Monroe sculpt, the final product felt short. :(

2. The production paint job.

3. Will there be any QC problems?

4. Last but not least I am not a huge fan of Rocky (although I like the films) but I mainly want to buy this because I like the look of it and not so much because I want a Rocky statue.

And BTW not everything Blitzway do has been awesome as far as quality is concerned.

Every single reason you bring up makes zero sense, Monroe sculpt by K.A. Kim was one of the best ever, nobody that purchased it had any complaints, how you're coming up with the proto was better than what was released is a mystery to me.

The paint and QC will be top notch, Biltzway takes their time to get everything right before they release something.

Blitzway released Scarface, Carlito's Way, Bruce Lee and Monroe, and I never heard of any quality concerns or complaints from collectors.

The Taylor Durden Fight Club figure is a another example of the excellence that Blitzway strives for, but you must know something I don't know?

Every single reason you bring up makes zero sense, Monroe sculpt by K.A. Kim was one of the best ever, nobody that purchased it had any complaints, how you're coming up with the proto was better than what was released is a mystery to me.

Umm how about because I have it? And I can tell that the sculpt (while good) is not perfect like the proto, the head shape is longer and skinnier, but its not that skinny.

The paint and QC will be top notch, Biltzway takes their time to get everything right before they release something.

The first time they did but their second Bruce Lee ETD one was rushed.

Blitzway released Scarface, Carlito's Way, Bruce Lee and Monroe, and I never heard of any quality concerns or complaints from collectors.

U obviously haven't read the threads.

The Monroe thread, people complained about the leaning.

The ETD thread had so many complaints that I will not even go into that.

The Taylor Durden Fight Club figure is a another example of the excellence that Blitzway strives for, but you must know something I don't know?

No those Fight Club figures look great and I am sure they will turn out great to.

BTW what is your problem, why do you care if I want to wait and see what the final product looks like before I buy it? Why do you care what I think? I mean how does that effect you?

Umm how about because I have it? And I can tell that the sculpt (while good) is not perfect like the proto, the head shape is longer and skinnier, but its not that skinny.

The first time they did but their second Bruce Lee ETD one was rushed.

U obviously haven't read the threads.

The Monroe thread, people complained about the leaning.

The ETD thread had so many complaints that I will not even go into that.

No those Fight Club figures look great and I am sure they will turn out great to.

BTW what is your problem, why do you care if I want to wait and see what the final product looks like before I buy it? Why do you care what I think? I mean how does that effect you?

I don't care what you do. I just wanted to know how you came up with your idiotic conclusions.

I don't care what you do. I just wanted to know how you came up with you idiotic conclusions.

Their not idiotic, if you read the threads. But you asked me before I said anything why I wanted to wait for the final product before I bought this. Anyway since you don't care I think we can end this discussion.

Last edited:
ooh another fight:lol.just kidding guys don't beat me up.and I think steve is correct in what he says.look at the proto ETD v the finished version.major differences.

I don't care what you do. I just wanted to know how you came up with your idiotic conclusions.

img_0354.jpg

I can't speak for Scarface or Carlito's Way as I wasn't really paying much attention to those threads, but the Bruce Lee Enter The Dragon statue definitely had quality issues, and I know this because I went through 4 of them to get a 'decent' one. There was major issues with leaning, issues with the seam between the head and neck and some paint issues. It was a rushed statue and could've been done a whole lot better without any problems if they had delayed it a bit longer. The first Bruce Lee they did didn't have these issues.

Marilyn Monroe also had the same complaints in regards to the leaning issue that Bruce had from some collectors. Not sure if you've been reading the threads for any of these pieces, as the issues were discussed in them.

ooh another fight:lol.just kidding guys don't beat me up.and I think steve is correct in what he says.look at the proto ETD v the finished version.major differences.

Thank you Chris, I appreciate your support. :1-1:

I can't speak for Scarface or Carlito's Way as I wasn't really paying much attention to those threads, but the Bruce Lee Enter The Dragon statue definitely had quality issues, and I know this because I went through 4 of them to get a 'decent' one. There was major issues with leaning, issues with the seam between the head and neck and some paint issues. It was a rushed statue and could've been done a whole lot better without any problems if they had delayed it a bit longer. The first Bruce Lee they did didn't have these issues.

No it didn't, that statue was pretty much perfect as far as QC is concerned.

Marilyn Monroe also had the same complaints in regards to the leaning issue that Bruce had from some collectors. Not sure if you've been reading the threads for any of these pieces, as the issues were discussed in them.

I think we know the answer to that.

Anyway thanks again guys for your input, it sure helps when more than one person tells it as it is.

:hi5:

Last edited:
Yeah Blitzway's statues have had issues. I want this statue as well, but im fully aware of how the Blitzway's ETD turned out so i want to wait until Rocky is out.

As cool as this statue is, I wonder why they decided to go with Rocky II? I'm almost positive just about every person interested in this would've preferred it to be from Rocky I. I personally would prefer it to be from Rocky III or IV with the American flag shorts. That's my personal favorite Rocky look, and certainly Iconic to say the least.

Both Rocky 1 casual wear and flag shorts are iconic in their own way. I wouldn't choose one over the other.

As cool as this statue is, I wonder why they decided to go with Rocky II? I'm almost positive just about every person interested in this would've preferred it to be from Rocky I. I personally would prefer it to be from Rocky III or IV with the American flag shorts. That's my personal favorite Rocky look, and certainly Iconic to say the least.

Pretty much guaranteed it's because someone holds an exclusive license to Rocky1.
Blitzway is actually using just 'Rocky' in their marketing and pics anyway haha

I know I'm in the minority but I would have most liked Rocky6 with an older Stallone and heavy outdoor jacket. .....never going to happen in a million years lol

Just about every Rocky collectible we've had so far has been Rocky in his boxing attire. I'm glad they went with street clothes as it's different and just as iconic to me.

Not fussed whether they did part 1 or 2. Both outfits look good to me.

As much as I would have loved to have a statue of Rocky in a dynamic pose with his American flag shorts, I'm glad they didn't go down this route. After the Bruce Lee statue, I just don't trust them to get it right. To blend in the seam between head and neck and pull off a realistic sweat application, along with preventing any lean issues, I doubt they would've been able to get it right, so I'm glad they went with street clothes.

Just about every Rocky collectible we've had so far has been Rocky in his boxing attire. I'm glad they went with street clothes as it's different and just as iconic to me.

Not fussed whether they did part 1 or 2. Both outfits look good to me.

As much as I would have loved to have a statue of Rocky in a dynamic pose with his American flag shorts, I'm glad they didn't go down this route. After the Bruce Lee statue, I just don't trust them to get it right. To blend in the seam between head and neck and pull off a realistic sweat application, along with preventing any lean issues, I doubt they would've been able to get it right, so I'm glad they went with street clothes.

Very happy they went with the street look but leather jacket, man .... Should have been the leather jacket :)

:love:love:love

It was completed the factory test painting & the mass-products are in the middle of producing now.

It'll be released soon

tVmqDr.jpg

2zGYqN.jpg

iWOSOU.jpg

A4y4LE.jpg

ovW4b3.jpg

Back