Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be honest mate I think things like that could be done without an airbrush. Pastel powder for example can be used to great effect for shading on figures and it can be applied by finger for control and easily removed if any mistake. But there are lots of ways of doing things. And you are right, ideally you don't want to have to do these things in the first place.

To be honest mate I think things like that could be done without an airbrush. Pastel powder for example can be used to great effect for shading on figures and it can be applied by finger for control and easily removed if any mistake.

Oh I see, don't think it would look as good as if it was done with an air brush though but yeah a good alternative.

But there are lots of ways of doing things. And you are right, ideally you don't want to have to do these things in the first place.

Yeah but that is to be expected for something at this price and scale. I don't think this is a bad looking statue and paint job looks ok but for me personally it isn't a must have. Maybe if the cuts and sweat were done better then I would probably be more tempted, since then you wouldn't have to fix anything.

Last edited:
A quick full body shot and I'm off to bed, got work in a few hours! Will post more after work. Regarding the sweat, on the face it does actually look better in hand. It's not great, but it's also not as bad as some of the pics make it out. The thing with the sweat on the face is it can look different depending on how the light hits the head sculpt, and this can make it look like blobs. I'll take some more pics tomorrow of the head sculpt at different angles to give you a better idea. In the mean time, enjoy the pic below:

blitzway%20bruce%20lee5.jpg

looks very good in that shot,although your superb lighting helps a lot,and makes a difference,but it's not looking as poor as before and that's a big plus for future owners of this.

Yeah, if the sweat had been done more carefully, the cuts painted accurately instead of decals and just a little more considered shading and tone in the body paint then it could potentially have been the definitive piece. Maybe it still is...
A shame you can't compare it side by side with your GOD.

Yeah, if the sweat had been done more carefully, the cuts painted accurately instead of decals and just a little more considered shading and tone in the body paint then it could potentially have been the definitive piece. Maybe it still is...

Possibly, but for me personlly he still looks too light in color (even xplosive's pics). I think the HD 1002 had the right color as it had that darker tan to it, despite being totally one color with no shading at all.

A shame you can't compare it side by side with your GOD.

Yes it is, or even see it in hand. :(

give me a few weeks,and I will:) it will still look very nice next to GOD,i think I'm gonna try to sort the AB cuts out,i've several ideas and when he's inhand I can judge better,a slightly darker tone on the muscles on the body and arms may make it ''pop'' better but depends how far you want to take it.the pec cuts although wrong I can live with.the sweat(head) I might try and disguise with some powder I've used before depending on colour match...it's all if's and but's at the mo.

OK fellas, after having a few issues with my cam, finally go to take pics, and my battery dies, lol. I did manage to take one pic though, and I hope this pic gives you fellas some hope :) I don't think I'll be able to take anymore snaps tonight as it's 12:30am and I have to wait for battery to charge, and I need to sleep, but I'll definitely take some more tomorrow after work. Hope you guys enjoy this teaser though!

blitzway%20bruce%20lee1.jpg

And here's a zoom-in on the headsculpt in the above photo:

blitzway%20bruce%20lee%20head%20sculpt6.jpg

COngratulations friend, this is how you take pictures, U can not expect great results from an Android or iPhone camera, I can hardly wait to get mine, thanks for sharing these pictures.

I think people getting this are feeling better than a few weeks ago,what's your thoughts on the cuts nomad74? the placements are well off and as a fellow huge admirer on bruce I'd be interested to hear them,with respects to blitzway,my 9yr old could have done better.

A quick full body shot and I'm off to bed, got work in a few hours! Will post more after work. Regarding the sweat, on the face it does actually look better in hand. It's not great, but it's also not as bad as some of the pics make it out. The thing with the sweat on the face is it can look different depending on how the light hits the head sculpt, and this can make it look like blobs. I'll take some more pics tomorrow of the head sculpt at different angles to give you a better idea. In the mean time, enjoy the pic below:

Wonderful pictures~ Thanks for sharing xpl0sive:clap

So a great lighting setup and ability with a camera make all the difference :)

Hopefully mine arrives today, will be tomorrow at the latest.

Honestly, if this pic doesn't convince you its a must have Bruce Lee for your shelves, nothing will.

Thanks to this, I pay PREORDER asked me before these pictures, I did not think pay for my order, thanks xpl0sive, great image:clap:wink1:

I think people getting this are feeling better than a few weeks ago,what's your thoughts on the cuts nomad74? the placements are well off and as a fellow huge admirer on bruce I'd be interested to hear them,with respects to blitzway,my 9yr old could have done better.

I have to agree with you friend, they are off, and what bothers me more is the back cuts, it is way off, the gabs between them is huge, it is as if Bruce was scratched by the 1st claw Han used during the fight in the courtyard which only had 3 knives

10982066_1553820024895724_5192093250311863878_n.jpg

As far as the decal speculation goes..
I think these are just 3D raised, rubber decals with no sculpt underneath. That is how they look to me.

If Arnie had been asked to sculpt raised cuts for the painters to use as a guide for applying their decals then he would have created an accurate sculpt template to ensure the decals would have been spaced more or less correctly.
I just cannot imagine Arnie would sculpt any raised cuts that are so inaccurately spaced....it would be a no brainer for him.
So I'll be very surprised if there is any sculpt beneath the decals.

They should be removable with some care I'd say.
If the cuts on the face are decals they will be going as well if I get this.

For those planning on attempting the cuts and sweat upgrades..

I used xpLOsive's awesome shot to see for myself how some of these changes might look.
I did change the skin tone to a more red tan colour (just for interest's sake) because I agree with Darkavatar in that it does look a little yellow, but overall I think the paint actually looks much more lifelike to what we have seen before thanks to xpLOsive's revealing photography .

I've applied extremely subtle shading to certain muscles but it is hardly anything because it does start to look overdone if it's anything more pronounced. Just a tiny bit darker 5 o'clock shadow on the top lip.

But I think the only mods really worth doing (and are hopefully achievable for most) are the cuts, sweat and nipples.
With these changes it really does move it toward the definitive ETD piece IMO.

24a_zpsec9cpcym.jpg

can I have that statue please:lol.I know I have gone on(maybe too much)but the cut placements look sooo much better and gives the statue the accuracy it derserves.if you do try that tyderium.:clap.now about the back cuts:rotfl

can I have that statue please:lol.I know I have gone on(maybe too much)but the cut placements look sooo much better and gives the statue the accuracy it derserves.if you do try that tyderium.:clap.now about the back cuts:rotfl

I'm thinking I might actually have a go at painting over the cuts a little ..... I don't even own brushes I know so little about modding.

I mean ...they are the worst special effect in the history of cinema anyway ....you can't make them look worse than how they looked in the movie :D

Back