Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know if the bust will be silicone?
High quality ones are extremely lifelike but can also go for around the 4 - 5k mark.
Painted resin versions are much cheaper but also less realistic with skin appearance, which at 1:1 size is obviously more of a consideration.

His MJ busts are really, really stunning, the best I have seen for likeness and finishing.
Not such a fan of the Bruce though...

It will be cast in resin. Silicone would be better but price wise, it would be far to dear. Yea his MJ and terminators are among the best out there. I had his t3 and have his t1 police shoot out and its pure awesome. What I will say is Joe is right up there in terms of lifelike skin tone and texture painted on resin. That Bruce Lee above is just an example from years back. The final version will look better. He will probably start a thread on in real soon. Got a feeling its gunna look awesome :)

Thanks for the kind words, I spoke with Arnie the day those pictures surfaced and I asked him what does he think about the final result, he was not happy.:mad:

I can imagine.
It's night and day from his proto and all of the passion that obviously went into that.

it's not so much the statue,likeness is really good and sculpt wise only slightly altered.it's the poor finish with the sweat/paint and incorrect cuts that's an issue(with me)so In a way it's good arnie sees it as we do,and is less than happy with the final release.

that's a fair point SAB,but blitzway did show a statue that was superior to the final version(enhanced no doubt) so taking that into consideration perhaps arnie is unhappy at the obvious errors and the quality of the finish,the guys who have ''touched up'' the statue is maybe what arnie had in mind?
either way reading blitzway's promotional piece and seeing the final version,the statue does fail to live up to that.

oooh Popcultcha just called .....Bruce is in stock and I've now paid my balance.
Should be at my house in the next couple of days!

And your positive thoughts will be welcome mate :)
Yeah, I've been one of those doing the hard critique on this but I just call it as I see it and at the end of the day it's just one opinion.
I'm pretty interested in all viewpoints and images of this.
I particularly feel the first pic in the set of 2 at the head of last page has the likeness coming through very strong.

Gonna go pick up Bruce today fellas, pics to come tonight :)

really looking forward to your pics/opinion on it.i have no doubt been one of the most critical on this,yeah the likeness is the best to date,and the dim lit shots look good,but to display something like this in a certain light to get the best out of it is not the way.personal opinion aside SAB XPLOSIVE I hope your REALLY happy when you get yours.:clap
and I will look forward to getting mine it's not a bad statue,it's just what could/should have been..anyway i'll be waiting.:impatient:

Thanks for the kind words, I spoke with Arnie the day those pictures surfaced and I asked him what does he think about the final result, he was not happy.:mad:

Wow what a shocker. :rolleyes2

oooh Popcultcha just called .....Bruce is in stock and I've now paid my balance.
Should be at my house in the next couple of days!

They called me to and I said I would like to cancel it, so have passed on this. Anyway congrats on your purchase, I am sure you will be happy with it. :)

really looking forward to your pics/opinion on it.i have no doubt been one of the most critical on this,yeah the likeness is the best to date,and the dim lit shots look good,but to display something like this in a certain light to get the best out of it is not the way.personal opinion aside SAB XPLOSIVE I hope your REALLY happy when you get yours.:clap
and I will look forward to getting mine it's not a bad statue,it's just what could/should have been..anyway i'll be waiting.:impatient:

The likeness might be the best to date, but I still prefer GOD, despite the weird eyes and wide jaw, the sculpt looks more realistic than this one IMO. That being said, if this was painted better I would be all over this statue. :eek:

Last edited:
OK guys, finally got the chance to unbox this guy and have a good look. Pics to come soon, but I thought I would post up some thoughts first before I do.

First of all, as expected, this definitely looks better in hand compared to the pics...but it does have it's flaws, which I'll explain in a bit (along with the good bits).

The presence of this piece is amazing. This is my first 1:3 scale statue, so I'm not used to having statues this large, but it definitely makes a statement on display. When set up and put on display and I sat back on my couch, I just thought, 'wow'. From a distance, this looks absolutely bang on. It's definitely not as good as the proto, but it's still great. It's also very heavy. Has a nice solid feeling to it.

The sculpt is phenomenal. The likeness is really good IMO, skin texture is there and it's painted beautifully. Eyes are not decals, they are painted, and look really well done IMO. They have a nice glossy appearance to them.The sweat apps on the head sculpt are not as bad as I expected them to be to be honest. They are not great, but certainly not bad. I was worried about large blobs of j!zz on Bruce's face, but it actually looks OK. Could have been better, but still OK.

The hair is actually much more detailed in person than has come across in the pics we've seen so far. The hair sculpt itself looks nice IMO, but I do get what 30cm was talking about in regards to the hair looking like a wig/helmet. I think it's because in certain spots it is not touching the skin, giving the wig appearance, whereas in other bits the fitment of the hair is perfect (it's touching directly against the skin). I think this comes down to the nature of sculpted hair though, and something hard to pull off with Bruce's hairstyle without it looking like a wig. To overcome this, I think Blitzway could have probably added an 'under layer' of hair that was sculpted directly onto the face/head, then add the helmet hair sculpt, creating a layered look and giving it a more realistic appearance. Still, even as is, I'm not really bothered by it to be honest, but just putting it out there as I know some of you are very picky.

The seam for the head sculpt is ugly. I think it was poorly done to be honest, and looking closely at mine, the fit isn't even 100%, as you can see a slight gap/overhang under the chin where the chin doesn't meet the neck 100% cleanly. I think they will all have this problem. From the front, you don't see the seem due to the angle of the neck, but it is noticeable from the sides. I'm not sure what Blitzway can do to hide this better next time to be honest, as there doesn't appear to be any other spot for a seam that's less noticeable, but perhaps they can slightly sculpt over the seam and blend onto the face? That might work better.

OK, the body. First off, it is NOT shiny, lol. It does not have that shiny plastic appearance in person. It's a matte finish. As for the colour, it's light tan base with some pinkish tones with a hint of yellow/green. It actually looks pretty nice and certainly not as pale as some of the pics suggested, but I think it would have benefited from some more toning/shading around the muscles to add a bit of depth to them. Something a little darker. I don't think this needs a full repaint at all, but with a bit of skill, one could add some slight toning/shading on the cuts of the muscles just to add that extra bit of realism. It still looks nice as is, but this would top it off IMO.

Sweat effect. As expected, this looks crap. Really crap in fact. Not much sweat, just a few random blobs on the body which don't even look like sweat, especially as they are flat. I think the ones going down the chest and centre of back look passable, but some of the others look laughable lol. Thankfully, I don't think it really hinders the appearance of the statue on display as it's something only really noticed from up close when looking around the statue with lights, as there aren't too many of them, but I'm definitely going to have a crack at painting on the sweat like 30cm did, as I think this will really top the piece off. Where the current sweat is, it makes the skin underneath look more tanned an generally brings out the colour more, so I think doing it properly all over the body will make it look more realistic.

The cuts. Seriously, WTF Blitzway? They look shocking! These really let down what is otherwise a pretty nice paintjob on the body IMO. Having these painted and some decent sweat I think would've really topped off the paintjob on the body IMO. From a distance they look OK, but up close, it's pretty obvious they are decals, and I'm definitely going to paint over them.

The pants have plenty of slack in them and can be puffed out, so no worries there. It just looks the way it does in pics because the pants get squashed in the box. You need to play with them a bit once you take the statue out of the box. The bottom of the paints are secured by velcro, so you just undo the velco to loosen them, then you can lift up the pants a bit and re-do the velcro. Personally I didn't even bother, I just pulled up slightly and played around with the thigh area and they looked puffy enough to me.

The base is HUGE, and looks really beautiful. I think it compliments the statue nicely and adds to the 'museum look'. It's also really heavy.

The gold base on Han's claw and the base of the claw itself are actually made of metal and are quite heavy. The claws themselves feel like plastic.

Overall, I'm pretty stoked with it to be honest. I'm not 100% happy with it, but the only 2 things that really bother me are the ones I suspected would bother me based on the pics, which is the sweat and cuts, both which are fixable without requiring a lot of skill. The rest I'm actually pleased with, and even with the statue as is out of the box, it still looks really nice on display from a distance.

I think once the sweat is re-done and the cuts properly painted, this piece will look pretty epic IMO. If you're really picky and want the definitive Bruce piece, pay an artist to re-do the sweat/cuts for you, and add a bit more shading around the muscles and you'd be pretty close I think.

I will take some pics now to share, and will do my best to capture what I see in person, but I think this may end up being one of those 'looks better in hand' statues.

OK guys, finally got the chance to unbox this guy and have a good look. Pics to come soon, but I thought I would post up some thoughts first before I do.

First of all, as expected, this definitely looks better in hand compared to the pics...but it does have it's flaws, which I'll explain in a bit (along with the good bits).

The presence of this piece is amazing. This is my first 1:3 scale statue, so I'm not used to having statues this large, but it definitely makes a statement on display. When set up and put on display and I sat back on my couch, I just thought, 'wow'. From a distance, this looks absolutely bang on. It's definitely not as good as the proto, but it's still great. It's also very heavy. Has a nice solid feeling to it.

The sculpt is phenomenal. The likeness is really good IMO, skin texture is there and it's painted beautifully. Eyes are not decals, they are painted, and look really well done IMO. They have a nice glossy appearance to them.The sweat apps on the head sculpt are not as bad as I expected them to be to be honest. They are not great, but certainly not bad. I was worried about large blobs of j!zz on Bruce's face, but it actually looks OK. Could have been better, but still OK.

The hair is actually much more detailed in person than has come across in the pics we've seen so far. The hair sculpt itself looks nice IMO, but I do get what 30cm was talking about in regards to the hair looking like a wig/helmet. I think it's because in certain spots it is not touching the skin, giving the wig appearance, whereas in other bits the fitment of the hair is perfect (it's touching directly against the skin). I think this comes down to the nature of sculpted hair though, and something hard to pull off with Bruce's hairstyle without it looking like a wig. To overcome this, I think Blitzway could have probably added an 'under layer' of hair that was sculpted directly onto the face/head, then add the helmet hair sculpt, creating a layered look and giving it a more realistic appearance. Still, even as is, I'm not really bothered by it to be honest, but just putting it out there as I know some of you are very picky.

The seam for the head sculpt is ugly. I think it was poorly done to be honest, and looking closely at mine, the fit isn't even 100%, as you can see a slight gap/overhang under the chin where the chin doesn't meet the neck 100% cleanly. I think they will all have this problem. From the front, you don't see the seem due to the angle of the neck, but it is noticeable from the sides. I'm not sure what Blitzway can do to hide this better next time to be honest, as there doesn't appear to be any other spot for a seam that's less noticeable, but perhaps they can slightly sculpt over the seam and blend onto the face? That might work better.

OK, the body. First off, it is NOT shiny, lol. It does not have that shiny plastic appearance in person. It's a matte finish. As for the colour, it's light tan base with some pinkish tones with a hint of yellow/green. It actually looks pretty nice and certainly not as pale as some of the pics suggested, but I think it would have benefited from some more toning/shading around the muscles to add a bit of depth to them. Something a little darker. I don't think this needs a full repaint at all, but with a bit of skill, one could add some slight toning/shading on the cuts of the muscles just to add that extra bit of realism. It still looks nice as is, but this would top it off IMO.

Sweat effect. As expected, this looks crap. Really crap in fact. Not much sweat, just a few random blobs on the body which don't even look like sweat, especially as they are flat. I think the ones going down the chest and centre of back look passable, but some of the others look laughable lol. Thankfully, I don't think it really hinders the appearance of the statue on display as it's something only really noticed from up close when looking around the statue with lights, as there aren't too many of them, but I'm definitely going to have a crack at painting on the sweat like 30cm did, as I think this will really top the piece off. Where the current sweat is, it makes the skin underneath look more tanned an generally brings out the colour more, so I think doing it properly all over the body will make it look more realistic.

The cuts. Seriously, WTF Blitzway? They look shocking! These really let down what is otherwise a pretty nice paintjob on the body IMO. Having these painted and some decent sweat I think would've really topped off the paintjob on the body IMO. From a distance they look OK, but up close, it's pretty obvious they are decals, and I'm definitely going to paint over them.

The pants have plenty of slack in them and can be puffed out, so no worries there. It just looks the way it does in pics because the pants get squashed in the box. You need to play with them a bit once you take the statue out of the box. The bottom of the paints are secured by velcro, so you just undo the velco to loosen them, then you can lift up the pants a bit and re-do the velcro. Personally I didn't even bother, I just pulled up slightly and played around with the thigh area and they looked puffy enough to me.

The base is HUGE, and looks really beautiful. I think it compliments the statue nicely and adds to the 'museum look'. It's also really heavy.

The gold base on Han's claw and the base of the claw itself are actually made of metal and are quite heavy. The claws themselves feel like plastic.

Overall, I'm pretty stoked with it to be honest. I'm not 100% happy with it, but the only 2 things that really bother me are the ones I suspected would bother me based on the pics, which is the sweat and cuts, both which are fixable without requiring a lot of skill. The rest I'm actually pleased with, and even with the statue as is out of the box, it still looks really nice on display from a distance.

I think once the sweat is re-done and the cuts properly painted, this piece will look pretty epic IMO. If you're really picky and want the definitive Bruce piece, pay an artist to re-do the sweat/cuts for you, and add a bit more shading around the muscles and you'd be pretty close I think.

I will take some pics now to share, and will do my best to capture what I see in person, but I think this may end up being one of those 'looks better in hand' statues.

Great review Nuri, but all those cons you mentioned outweigh the the pros for me. That being said, there is no denying that if this was painted correctly it would of been a masterpiece but the fact that you have to do "touch ups" here and there, is why I passed on this as I just can't bring myself to even attempt to do that on such an expensive statue. I am glad you like it though, looking forward to seeing your pics. :wink1:

really glad your happy with him.i think most of us were expecting the sweat to be crap along with the cuts,but it seems the cuts are that bad.the head seam was always going to happen but a gap is really poor from blitzway.why they couldn't fill and blend into the neck,sub par there blitzway.
everyone's had an opinion on this some will either improve it themselves,or pay extra to get it done..which I think shouldn't be the case.
look forward to see your pics,and the ''after'' ones once you sort it.

OK fellas, after having a few issues with my cam, finally go to take pics, and my battery dies, lol. I did manage to take one pic though, and I hope this pic gives you fellas some hope :) I don't think I'll be able to take anymore snaps tonight as it's 12:30am and I have to wait for battery to charge, and I need to sleep, but I'll definitely take some more tomorrow after work. Hope you guys enjoy this teaser though!

blitzway%20bruce%20lee1.jpg

And here's a zoom-in on the headsculpt in the above photo:

blitzway%20bruce%20lee%20head%20sculpt6.jpg

Great review Nuri, but all those cons you mentioned outweigh the the pros for me. That being said, there is no denying that if this was painted correctly it would of been a masterpiece but the fact that you have to do "touch ups" here and there, is why I passed on this as I just can't bring myself to even attempt to do that on such an expensive statue. I am glad you like it though, looking forward to seeing your pics. :wink1:

Thanks brother, and that's fair enough. I was actually thinking of you when I was going over the statue and thought to myself, 'not sure if this would be up to Steve's standards' :lol

It's not perfect. Some will be happy with it, some won't, and that's fair enough. Nothing wrong with being very picky. Maybe my pics will change your mind?

really glad your happy with him.i think most of us were expecting the sweat to be crap along with the cuts,but it seems the cuts are that bad.the head seam was always going to happen but a gap is really poor from blitzway.why they couldn't fill and blend into the neck,sub par there blitzway.
everyone's had an opinion on this some will either improve it themselves,or pay extra to get it done..which I think shouldn't be the case.
look forward to see your pics,and the ''after'' ones once you sort it.

Yeah the cuts do look dodgy up close, but I do think it can be fixed easily. I'm going to buy some clear red paint along with brown and black to mix up the right colour, then practice painting blood streaks on a cheap figure until I'm confident enough to tackle the Blitzway statue. They do look fine from far though, so if you're not fussed about viewing this up close you may not care. I personally like to view details up close.

As for the seam, yeah it's crap but thankfully can't be seen the majority of the time. I did place this in a temporary cabinet with LED downlighting to see what it looks properly displayed, and with the overhead lights the jaw casts a shadow over the neck, hiding the seam perfectly :)

OK fellas, after having a few issues with my cam, finally go to take pics, and my battery dies, lol. I did manage to take one pic though, and I hope this pic gives you fellas some hope :) I don't think I'll be able to take anymore snaps tonight as it's 12:30am and I have to wait for battery to charge, and I need to sleep, but I'll definitely take some more tomorrow after work. Hope you guys enjoy this teaser though!

blitzway%20bruce%20lee1.jpg

Shame how the poorly painted sweat on the face looks visible in this distant shot. :(

And here's a zoom-in on the headsculpt in the above photo:

blitzway%20bruce%20lee%20head%20sculpt6.jpg

Wow look at the detail, the best picture I have ever seen taken, you can really see the skin texture! :horror

Anyway great pics man, thanks for sharing! :hi5:

Back