Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great likeness.it's a real shame the sweat app spoils it.without the blobs it really is great,i think even I may try and hide them on that headsculpt.i really want those abs decals to peel off easy that is still bugging me thou...but thanks for the best images so far.

Shame how the poorly painted sweat on the face looks visible in this distant shot. :(

To be honest I can't actually see it lol I had to go for a second look after reading your comment, but still can't really notice it. You can see it in the zoomed in shot though. Once my battery charges I'll take some better pics at different angles.

Wow look at the detail, the best picture I have ever seen taken, you can really see the skin texture! :horror

Anyway great pics man, thanks for sharing! :hi5:

Thanks dude! Yeah the detail in the sculpt is really nice. They even painted some dark dots on the mustache and chin area to simulate stubble. I'm very pleased with the head sculpt, just wish the sweat was done better.

great likeness.it's a real shame the sweat app spoils it.without the blobs it really is great,i think even I may try and hide them on that headsculpt.i really want those abs decals to peel off easy that is still bugging me thou...but thanks for the best images so far.

Thanks mate, and you're welcome. You're right, the sweat app does spoil it. When I do my touch up, I'm going to do the body first, to make sure I get it right, and then attempt the head sculpt, as if I make a mistake it's less noticeable on the body, lol.

As for the abs, it's hard to tell if it's sculpted underneath to be honest. Yes, you can feel that it is raised, but I'm not sure if it's the decal that's raise or if it's sculpted underneath. Only way to find out would be to peel away the decal but I'm not game enough to do that!

To be honest I can't actually see it lol I had to go for a second look after reading your comment, but still can't really notice it. You can see it in the zoomed in shot though. Once my battery charges I'll take some better pics at different angles.

I notice color discoloration then realized it was the sweat so technically I didn't notice the sweat per se but saw something looked odd, but that is just a picture, so in hand it's probably not noticeable at that distance.

Thanks dude! Yeah the detail in the sculpt is really nice. They even painted some dark dots on the mustache and chin area to simulate stubble.

Oh wow!

I'm very pleased with the head sculpt, just wish the sweat was done better.

Think everyone does. :(

The pictures are really great but I can't see any different tones like pinkish or greenish hues on the statue in your pics, it still looks quite plane and pretty much one yellowish tan color but I believe they are there, just too subtle for a camera to pick them up. Nevertheless, not bad though and looks like there are some freckles on the arm there?

Last edited:
cant say I blame you,just incase the paint gets damaged.i'm wondering if a warm hairdryer may work,i tried this on something a long time ago(nowhere near as expensive)but i'll see in a few weeks the sweat kinda reminds me of dripped candle wax(no idea where that came from:lol).but despite my critique on this I'm really really pleased you like him.

I notice color discoloration then realized it was the sweat so technically I didn't notice the sweat per se but saw something looked odd, but that is just a picture, so in hand it's probably not noticeable at that distance.

Hmm, yeah that may be it. Could also be shadows. The sweat isn't actually noticeable at all from a distance, either on the body or face. It's pretty much only visible up close with a light shining on it. Granted, I was viewing this in a room with artificial lighting. I have no idea how this would look in a room filled with natural light.

Think everyone does. :(

The pictures are really great but I can't see any different tones on the statue in your pics, it still looks quite plane and pretty much one color, like you said in your review the muscles would benefit from more shading. Nevertheless, not bad though and looks like there are some freckles on the arm there?

The tones are there, they are just very subtle. They are visible in the pics, if you look around the shoulder area, chest (right side), a bit on the abs and biceps, and the veins actually have some light greenish colour to them, to simulate real veins. It's very subtle but works well without looking overdone or fake.

It's a bit hard to convey the colour differences in the photo. It's actually very subtle in real life too, but I think it works well. You're probably expecting some dark shading within the gaps of the muscles etc...but it doesn't really have that. What I was talking about was slight tonal changes throughout the paint. It has a flesh coloured base coat with some light overlays of various colours over the statue. It's subtle but looks good, but I do think they could've bumped it up a notch. As I mentioned in my review, some shading within the muscles would've made the most difference. My Sideshow Nathan Drake statue has this on his arms and I think it adds depth to the paint and also makes him look more ripped. Yes, you're right, there are freckles on the arm. They are all over the statue actually.

cant say I blame you,just incase the paint gets damaged.i'm wondering if a warm hairdryer may work,i tried this on something a long time ago(nowhere near as expensive)but i'll see in a few weeks the sweat kinda reminds me of dripped candle wax(no idea where that came from:lol).but despite my critique on this I'm really really pleased you like him.

Warm hardryer? You mean to melt the paint? and yes, dripped candle wax is probably the best description for it LOL.

It's funny, if I shine a light from below, you see heaps of sweat on his face, which I didn't even notice at first lol, but if you shine from above, you hardly see anything.

A really excellent, detailed and honest review mate.
Much appreciated.

Yes, easily the best shot of the head sculpt so far.
Great to see the texture in the skin and even the hair detail is looking slightly better.
Nice to finally get some pin sharp shots.

They really should have just left the sweat apps off. The intention is fine but if the factory process can't pull it off, then it's not worth it.
That and the cuts are much better on the Enterbay figure. It's really hard to comprehend how these two simple things are done well on smaller and much less expensive figures but executed so sloppily on such a big and prestigious piece.

Having said that, the likeness looks great in that head shot.
Super detailing this statue, for those that are game, could really elevate it to something quite special.
I really hope those decals can be removed completely with some care.
If that is the case I would feel a lot closer to picking this up.

Great shots and thoughts, look forward to more.

Hmm, yeah that may be it. Could also be shadows. The sweat isn't actually noticeable at all from a distance, either on the body or face. It's pretty much only visible up close with a light shining on it. Granted, I was viewing this in a room with artificial lighting. I have no idea how this would look in a room filled with natural light.

No it's not shadows, I notice color discoloration and then when I took a closer look at the picture I noticed it was globs of sweat.

The tones are there, they are just very subtle. They are visible in the pics, if you look around the shoulder area, chest (right side), a bit on the abs and biceps, and the veins actually have some light greenish colour to them, to simulate real veins. It's very subtle but works well without looking overdone or fake.

I see the shoulder area does have some pinkish tones and I did assume that the greenish color represented veins.

It's a bit hard to convey the colour differences in the photo. It's actually very subtle in real life too, but I think it works well. You're probably expecting some dark shading within the gaps of the muscles etc...but it doesn't really have that. What I was talking about was slight tonal changes throughout the paint. It has a flesh coloured base coat with some light overlays of various colours over the statue. It's subtle but looks good, but I do think they could've bumped it up a notch. As I mentioned in my review, some shading within the muscles would've made the most difference. My Sideshow Nathan Drake statue has this on his arms and I think it adds depth to the paint and also makes him look more ripped.

I didn't think it did, the tones just look too subtle, like you said this is something you have to see in hand to really see what it looks like as pictures can only show so much. That being said, I would of preferred noticeable detailed shading because even though the colors are there you can't really notice them. Then again, the HD1002 was purely one color, but it looks like the flesh color on that was more accurate, and thus didn't look as light as this one does.

Yes, you're right, there are freckles on the arm. They are all over the statue actually.

Now that is what I call paying great attention to detail, shame they didn't put that effort in for the sweat and cuts.

Last edited:
A really excellent, detailed and honest review mate.
Much appreciated.

Yes, easily the best shot of the head sculpt so far.
Great to see the texture in the skin and even the hair detail is looking slightly better.
Nice to finally get some pin sharp shots.

They really should have just left the sweat apps off. The intention is fine but if the factory process can't pull it off, then it's not worth it.
That and the cuts are much better on the Enterbay figure. It's really hard to comprehend how these two simple things are done well on smaller and much less expensive figures but executed so sloppily on such a big and prestigious piece.

Having said that, the likeness looks great in that head shot.
Super detailing this statue, for those that are game, could really elevate it to something quite special.
I really hope those decals can be removed completely with some care.
If that is the case I would feel a lot closer to picking this up.

Great shots and thoughts, look forward to more.

You didn't pre-order from Pop?

Yeah. From the start, as amazing as the proto was, the likeness bothered me. Even if everything else is right, if the likeness is off it is the one thing that will bother me. Ironically when the finished piece comes out the roles are reversed - great likeness but everything else dropped away. So I've been waiting for some decent photography which expLOsive is now providing. The head sculpt especially is revealing a lot more detail and likeness.

Yeah. From the start, as amazing as the proto was, the likeness bothered me. Even if everything else is right, if the likeness is off it is the one thing that will bother me. Ironically when the finished piece comes out the roles are reversed - great likeness but everything else dropped away.

Yeah go figure.

So I've been waiting for some decent photography which expLOsive is now providing. The head sculpt especially is revealing a lot more detail and likeness.

His pics are great, especially the picture of the head sculpt but the detail shading on the body looks like pretty much every other picture I have seen. The tones are just too subtle IMO, but putting freckles all over the body shows great attention to detail went into some of it.

Yep, though it sounds like the body paint job has a lot of subtleties and fine layering that must look better in hand and is being lost to some degree in pics. If I got this I would add some shading between the muscles and just generally assess what would be best to accentuate the skin and muscle detailing. From what explosive says it may only require small touch ups to the skin to really make it pop.

A quick full body shot and I'm off to bed, got work in a few hours! Will post more after work. Regarding the sweat, on the face it does actually look better in hand. It's not great, but it's also not as bad as some of the pics make it out. The thing with the sweat on the face is it can look different depending on how the light hits the head sculpt, and this can make it look like blobs. I'll take some more pics tomorrow of the head sculpt at different angles to give you a better idea. In the mean time, enjoy the pic below:

blitzway%20bruce%20lee5.jpg

Awesome review Xplosive and superb camera work. Erm, I think it looks pretty stunning to be fair. Yea the decals are not great and the sweat is a bit iffy but the paint app looks pretty decent and possibly a step up from the god statue in terms of small details. If there were going to be faults and there always would be, id take that over a poor paint application. Should be an easy fix fro most peeps.

Congrats dude

Yep, though it sounds like the body paint job has a lot of subtleties and fine layering that must look better in hand and is being lost to some degree in pics. If I got this I would add some shading between the muscles and just generally assess what would be best to accentuate the skin and muscle detailing. From what explosive says it may only require small touch ups to the skin to really make it pop.

Yeah if I was good with an air brush I would do the same, but I am not confident enough to mod this, thus, I would rather pass on it if I had to do such things.

FYI, I will get some close up shoes of the body tomorrow so you can get a better idea on skin tone. Personally I'm OK with it, like I said, just some slight touch ups such as some additional shading within the muscles would take it to the next level, but it still looks good as is. For some it may not be enough though. I do not like too many tones going on or when they are over emphasized as it can end up looking a little artificial.

Even just leaving it as is and adding proper sweat will go a long way towards making it appear realistic, as the clear paint will make the colour underneath pop. Add sweat around the cuts of the muscles etc... and it'll make them pop more. Some light shading throughout the muscles as well and it'll look tops :)

A quick full body shot and I'm off to bed, got work in a few hours! Will post more after work. Regarding the sweat, on the face it does actually look better in hand. It's not great, but it's also not as bad as some of the pics make it out. The thing with the sweat on the face is it can look different depending on how the light hits the head sculpt, and this can make it look like blobs. I'll take some more pics tomorrow of the head sculpt at different angles to give you a better idea. In the mean time, enjoy the pic below:

blitzway%20bruce%20lee5.jpg

Finally a full body shot, he looks amazing in that picture but the color of him still looks too plane IMO. Nevertheless, still an amazing picture, great use of shadows to create tones, superb photography. :clap

Awesome review Xplosive and superb camera work. Erm, I think it looks pretty stunning to be fair. Yea the decals are not great and the sweat is a bit iffy but the paint app looks pretty decent and possibly a step up from the god statue in terms of small details. If there were going to be faults and there always would be, id take that over a poor paint application. Should be an easy fix fro most peeps.

Congrats dude

Yeah I totally agree, major improvement for certain small details.

Last edited:
Back