Statue BLITZWAY- Enter the Dragon- Bruce Lee Tribute 1/3 scale Statue Ver. 2 spec

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the eyes are helping with the toy-like appearance. I think the hair is also, looks a bit bowl-like from directly front on. Not as convincing as the GOD hair.
Agree that the distance shots make it appear not too bad, but as soon as you get the close ups it just looks more like a caricature.
The close ups of the GOD facial features feel much more realistic and less cartoony.

Yep, the sweat applications are looking pretty sloppy on some of these, almost suggests blobs of glue or something - not running sweat.

Yeah the only problem with the eyes on the GOD were that he looked like he was staring at nothing like spaced out.

Actually I take back on the QC . I think that was how they wanted to applied the sweaty arm blobs. Cause I noticed it on pics before but I brushed it off as bad pics. :slap. My mistake :lol

Sorry what? So now you think the sweat looks fine now? :huh

Hey bro, long time no speak :)

Yeah it's been a while, guess you lost interest in the hobby for a while now.

The details in the body appear more apparent to me (muscle tone, sweat effect, etc). In some of the earlier pics, the body looked very flat/smooth, and lacked detail, whereas now, it looks like the detail is there, even with these overexposed pics. I'm feeling like this will look a lot better in real life, and it's probably a piece that doesn't photograph well (unless taken by someone who knows what they're doing, and with a decent camera).

IDK man it still looks flat to me, the striations or vascularity is not noticeable from what I can see.

Yep, lucky for me I'm in Victoria so I can visit Popcultcha and see this in person before paying. It means I'll have to cancel my order though, as they'll post it to me once it arrives.

If I'm still not convinced by the time this arrives at Popcultcha, I'll cancel my order and make a trip to the shop and check it out in person.

I do wish this I could see this piece in real life right now lol, these pictures are just frustrating me. If it does arrive at PC soon and I get to see this in hand and it looks good, I'll be sure to take some proper pics of it.

Sounds like a smart idea.

Sounds good to me as I won't get a chance to see it in the flesh either. I'm not holding out much hope though. Every pic (although slightly more detail is coming through in the non-overexposed shots) shows the same thing to me - a completely different statue to what was marketed.

In all honesty though this is a cheap statue considering the size of it, I mean I actually think we should expect a statue similar to EBs (provided it is solid polystone and not hollow PVC like EBs was) for the price of it. If this was over 1 k USD then I would expect this to look practically identical to the prototype, but I actually think now that the price reflects the quality, considering what sideshow charges for their 1/4 scale ones.

With my cost of 1/5 of this I'll take him. Sweaty blobs. Cropped hair and big eyes. Better than the HD1002.but it should be at the price.

Do you think you'd buy him without your b'day discount?

This is $1000 in Australia. I'd happily pay that for the proto!

Do you think you'd buy him without your b'day discount?

This is $1000 in Australia. I'd happily pay that for the proto!

Yeah for us it is but it's only $700 USD in the US, which is cheap for a polystone statue of its size. CM statues here are over 2 k but in the US they are between 1 and 2 k and although their head sculpts suck they are high quality statues, which is why they are expensive.

In all honesty though this is a cheap statue considering the size of it, I mean I actually think we should expect a statue similar to EBs (provided it is solid polystone and not hollow PVC like EBs was) for the price of it. If this was over 1 k USD then I would expect this to look practically identical to the prototype, but I actually think now that the price reflects the quality, considering what sideshow charges for their 1/4 scale ones.

Yeah, that's true.
I guess it's just about expectation and the precedent set by Blitzway with their initial unveiling of the proto.
I just can't 'un-see' that statue when I see these in-hand pics.

I'd pay that for the proto also.. had my birthday dosh had not been used it would honestly be bye bye Brucey. I like you I was sold on bltzways pics.

Really? Can you show us a picture where you can see striations?

posted this one a while back-

brucecomparison.jpg

pic on the left is the "definitive softening photo". It is the same statue as the arm in the middle. Even tho the pic is crap you can see the amount of detail lost/gained just by playing around with shadow. The veins popping are also distinguishable

Overall I don't think you're going to get anything closely resembling the proto without being professionally lit and having light bounced off from multiple angles. Still, as the light in these better pics falls evenly across the statue there are certain points you can pic out at a much greater level of detail than originally noticed in all of the earlier production shots-

9dda1cda1a3fc0eb9a0f6961329f4b60.jpg
7a084198878a328d818c1b3ce112d10f.jpg
9f0e0a0c73d4bdec4cd881e57df07f29.jpg

There is a lot of detail in the circled areas that I think the lighting is hinting at. We've got branching veins up and down the arms and lots of subtle rippling effects in the forearms and head of the delt. All will be easier to know for sure once we have it in front of us, this is all still guesswork either way but so far I'm liking what I see.

Yeah, that's true.
I guess it's just about expectation and the precedent set by Blitzway with their initial unveiling of the proto.

I just can't 'un-see' that statue when I see these in-hand pics.

:exactly:

It's only now I just started to realize well hang on 1/4 scale and polystone statues and figures cost close to 1 K, so how in the world could I ever expect a 1/3 scale polystone statue of this size to look as realistic as the proto for only $700 USD? So the bottom line is you pretty much get what you pay for, I wish EB would give up the Bruce Lee likeness, so blitzway could make 1/4 scale statues and they would probably have better paint jobs to. :dunno

Nevertheless, the one thing that this thing has no excuse for, is the lack of detail such as striation and vascularity, since after all this is a polystone statue and unlike PVC when things are cast in polystone they attend to retain the same amount of detail as the original proto had.

Last edited:
posted this one a while back-

View attachment 167585

pic on the left is the "definitive softening photo". It is the same statue as the arm in the middle. Even tho the pic is crap you can see the amount of detail lost/gained just by playing around with shadow. The veins popping are also distinguishable

Overall I don't think you're going to get anything closely resembling the proto without being professionally lit and having light bounced off from multiple angles. Still, as the light in these better pics falls evenly across the statue there are certain points you can pic out at a much greater level of detail than originally noticed in all of the earlier production shots-

View attachment 167591
View attachment 167592
View attachment 167593

There is a lot of detail in the circled areas that I think the lighting is hinting at. We've got branching veins up and down the arms and lots of subtle rippling effects in the forearms and head of the delt. All will be easier to know for sure once we have it in front of us, this is all still guesswork either way but so far I'm liking what I see.

Actually these photos you posted ironically provide good evidence that regardless of lighting this totally lacks the strong striation and vascularity. Sure there is some muscle definition and vascularity there but it is barely noticeable and has totally soften even in the best lighting. His BF % actually looks about 10 % in the best lighting as opposed to Bruce's less than 5% BF.

Last edited:
I did mention that a few pages back. If you could show me a 1:3 statue at this price point, im all eyes. Yea its not what was shown in the proto but like already mentioned, no one was ever shown with that proto so there could be a lot of 'smoke and mirrors' going on.
I like it tho. The sweat might become a bit of a lottery in terms of how its applied and what you get. I do think this will look great from a distance, maybe even better than the god statue but as you get closer, they might swap positions.

Still would love to see a video on this guy.

Sorry man but your photos ironically actually provide good evidence that regardless of lighting this totally lacks the strong striation and vascularity. Sure there is some muscle definition and vascularity there but it is barely noticeable and has totally soften even in the best lighting.

my point exactly, its there and you're not noticing it :lol

for reals tho, I know this is not the proto. This will never be the proto. If you want the proto, that ship has sailed. Get it home, throw some fancy lighting on it, you may come up with something close. My point in circling the areas above is that there is still a large amount of detail hidden in this production statue that only certain areas of certain photos are bringing out. Striations are there. Vascularity is there. To what degree of acceptability we can only know for sure once we have him in front of us... till then, I'm loving the shot of that rear delt :wave

I did mention that a few pages back. If you could show me a 1:3 statue at this price point, im all eyes. Yea its not what was shown in the proto but like already mentioned, no one was ever shown with that proto so there could be a lot of 'smoke and mirrors' going on.
I like it tho. The sweat might become a bit of a lottery in terms of how its applied and what you get. I do think this will look great from a distance, maybe even better than the god statue but as you get closer, they might swap positions.

and hopefully a good video... (nightmare flashbacks of the GH Lara Croft first video fiasco and the mass cancellations of what ended up being one of the favorite statues in my very humble collection :lol)

the GOD was $100 cheaper. With extra arm. 2 weapons and carrying case. I know the body lacked a finished paint but. Maybe that represents better value than this?if we're talking of price points.

I can't think of any large polystone statues that looks better from a distance than up close, especially sideshow ones due to their poor paint apps. Now as good as the GOD is, it still looks the best from a distance and not up close, which is because the paint job is still not as realistic as EBs or Hot Toys.

my point exactly, its there and you're not noticing it :lol

for reals tho, I know this is not the proto. This will never be the proto. If you want the proto, that ship has sailed. Get it home, throw some fancy lighting on it, you may come up with something close.

I highly doubt any lighting could come close to making it look like the proto.

My point in circling the areas above is that there is still a large amount of detail hidden in this production statue that only certain areas of certain photos are bringing out. Striations are there. Vascularity is there. To what degree of acceptability we can only know for sure once we have him in front of us... till then, I'm loving the shot of that rear delt :wave

From what I am seeing, the striation is barely noticeable regardless of lighting, so I might as well say not there at all, but vascularity is some what noticeable depending on the lighting. Of course this is just speculation, maybe this product does have a high degree of striation and vascularity and all it needs is a better paint job to bring that out. :dunno

However, unfortunately I think the most likely scenario that is those features are there to a much lesser degree than the proto.

ahh but you did notice it.
View attachment 167623

Yeah after you drew circles over the areas and pointing them out to me :lol

lol, sorry I'll stop being a moron now :lol You may be right on all counts, all I'm doing is guessing :wave

Me to bro so there is nothing for you to feel sorry about, not debating with you about this, just discussing my thoughts on what I notice and coming up with their my own explanations, which like I said is still pure speculation. :wink1:

Yeah after you drew circles over the areas and pointing them out to me :lol

Me to bro so there is nothing for you to feel sorry about, not debating with you about this, just discussing my thoughts on what I notice and coming up with their my own explanations, which like I said is still pure speculation. :wink1:

lol yeah I meant sorry for taking your quote out of context to make my lame Jack Sparrow joke work :lol Whatever the changes I hope the wow factor we have (if there is one) when we get this will make up for any deviations. Just going by my SS Red Sonja PF, the paint was changed and pretty horribly but she has crazy awesome shelf presence in spite. I know nobody "wants" this to be bad sooo here's hoping :duff

lol yeah I meant sorry for taking your quote out of context to make my lame Jack Sparrow joke work :lol

Ahh ok :slap :lol

Whatever the changes I hope the wow factor we have (if there is one) when we get this will make up for any deviations. Just going by my SS Red Sonja PF, the paint was changed and pretty horribly but she has crazy awesome shelf presence in spite. I know nobody "wants" this to be bad sooo here's hoping :duff

:exactly:

:pray:

the GOD was $100 cheaper. With extra arm. 2 weapons and carrying case. I know the body lacked a finished paint but. Maybe that represents better value than this?if we're talking of price points.

Yeah you could argue that for sure. I have recently got it and I personally think its superb value for money. Infact id go as far to say Blitzway could have sold the god statue for a fair bit more and people would have still brought it and most would have still been happy.

What I would have liked to have seen with this without those extra parts you mentioned is some kind of mirror dio going round the statue. Nothing to fancy, just something you could choose to display. Would have been a real nice touch.

and hopefully a good video... (nightmare flashbacks of the GH Lara Croft first video fiasco and the mass cancellations of what ended up being one of the favorite statues in my very humble collection :lol)

Yes lets hope so. Cant believe any of these owners so far havnt got a youtube channel lol grrrrrr

Back