Blitzway 1/6 Scale Tyler Durden Ultimate Masterpiece Figures from Fight Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch... This is a dark day...I am going to take a few hours to reflect on this but I think I am canceling this and my Ghostbusters 4 pack...K.A. Kim is a great sculptor...I think she may have painted this as well...but we have all seen that even the greatest sculpt can be destroyed by the paint...I think that Tyler Durden is the latest poster child for this unfortunate phenomenon.

you talking about canceling the ghost busters order?

No, talking about the Durden. TNS figures posted those pics on their FB page, when they also did a group buy PO for the figure. Lol. I for one would never post terrible pics of the figure that I took pre-orders for. Lol. Because now lots of people on their Facebook page are talking about canceling. Probably why hot toys let's bloggers do those initial production photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on the fence now I'm sure. Money saved. Rededicating myself to DC/Marvel.

I really tried to get into other lines this time but the flow of news and reveals is too slow compared to comic based ones.

It's like Deacon Frost says: 'The thirst always wins.'

Yeah man. I'm close to canceling myself if
better pics don't show up in the next 24-72 hours.

I was thinking that with this figure Blitzway would stake its claim to surpass Hot Toys with the Ghostbusters closing the deal next year... This looks like they are more in league with Sideshow Collectibles (a nice company don't get me wrong) but far from ready to compete with Hot Toys...this figure would definitely look at home with some newer Sideshow pieces I have owned but would stick out like a sore thumb next to the latest offerings from Hot Toys...and not in a good way...

Yeah those pictures do admittedly have me concerned for the Ghostbusters. Not hitting the panic button just yet though. However, I won't spend that kind of money if they end up turning out looking like what this one apparently may turn out like. If that's the case, now I remember why 85% of my collection is HT. :lol

As someone else pointed out, the collar of the shirt is also off from the prototype. Makes me wonder if the Ghostbusters' suits are going to be botched also.

And this is why Hot Toys uses bloggers to post proper photos when a production piece is released. Lol

Yeah those pictures do admittedly have me concerned for the Ghostbusters. Not hitting the panic button just yet though. However, I won't spend that kind of money if they end up turning out looking like what this one apparently may turn out like. If that's the case, now I remember why 85% of my collection is HT. [emoji38]
Golly I know how that feels. Really sad that this set might be crap. Was really optimistic it would be awesome but now very doubtful. Will cancel this if it is really that bad even though I placed a deposit already. Lesson learned on other companies besides Hot Toys. Sigh.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Golly I know how that feels. Really sad that this set might be crap. Was really optimistic it would be awesome but now very doubtful. Will cancel this if it is really that bad even though I placed a deposit already. Lesson learned on other companies besides Hot Toys. Sigh.

My sentiments as well.

I don't want to have a knee jerk reaction like many do over a few photos, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little bit concerned. As mentioned, won't hit the panic button yet. When more photos of this figure trickle in and if it doesn't look considerably different than these first few bad photos, I don't see any reason to be led to believe the Ghostbusters will be any different and in that case, will probably sadly cancel my PO. Like you said, I'll probably lose a good deposit, but I suppose that'd be better than paying the full price for a set of figures that I won't be happy with.

As someone else pointed out, the collar of the shirt is also off from the prototype. Makes me wonder if the Ghostbusters' suits are going to be botched also.

Would not surprise me at this point in time. Their proto for the fight club figures set the bar really high so this will bring their company crashing down. If they can put out subpar figures they will lose almost if not all their fan base in just one figure set release. HT has been upping their game lately (even if their prices go up at least quality does too) and their figures are usually released better than the prototypes. Blitzway have much to learn.

You know I was regretting my purchase of the "custom Tyler - space monkey" (cause of the cost) . now honestly looking at the final sculpt I am beginning to regret my purchase of this one. Thinking of canceling it: I know it may be early on but, I am Perfectly happy with the space monkey figure and this one looks very botched up in initial pics :( :( I am kinda upset cause I usually like licensed releases to outperform old custom releases

I ordered through blitzway , I'm I able to cancel through them

No, talking about the Durden. TNS figures posted those pics on their FB page, when they also did a group buy PO for the figure. Lol. I for one would never post terrible pics of the figure that I took pre-orders for. Lol. Because now lots of people on their Facebook page are talking about canceling. Probably why hot toys let's bloggers do those initial production photos.

Have TNS got a Facebook Group page as well? Or has he just been deleting posts? When I looked at his regular page there was only one comment, and now that's gone.

Though the shaven head Tyler does look okay. Hoping for better pictures soon or my knee jerk reaction will hit the cancel button.

Have TNS got a Facebook Group page as well? Or has he just been deleting posts? When I looked at his regular page there was only one comment, and now that's gone.

Yeah, it's under TNS figures community. If you search it on your app or using the web version, you should be able to find it. The posts are still there as well. Many folks still commenting. Lol

Some more photos. Still not looking that much more impressed with the redcoat version. The other one actually looks a little bit better. However it's the redcoat version that I really wanted.
3d90902ad7759772d42caba4f0f05095.jpg
2ff8e50dc594aedd3fffe561b9482d38.jpg
81e6bfb05263ccf8d7a254e94cc2a5f0.jpg

Yeah, the final production sculpt on that red coat version is a far cry from the detail that the prototype showed. Even when the paint apps on HT's final production sculpts are a bit softer than the prototype, they're very seldom, if at all, that far off as what this one is.

Back