Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

At 1,200/500 is an overkill for not only sales but also "pre-order"...taking in consideration the time figures are taking to be in customers hands and all the speculation on how they finally will look in details and quality, the Ecto-1at that price..will be a very very expensive venture for Blitzway, yes the Delorean was about $689 and did not have an engine, only two doors and much more small than the Ecto-1, but...if Blitzway thinks "is big, have five doors and engine, equals...huge $$$" they will be looking at a very small sales rate for this, I for one will not buy this at over 1k. And I think the prototype shown is almost 95/97% done in terms of details and final apperance, so molds already exists and I am almost sure that is a production "test shoot" and that was the reason this was not shown last year when originaly was to be reveled with the figures.

The lightbars brackets, doors frames, roof overall details and execution ond other things, lead me to believe this. If someone at Blitzway said "$1,000/1,500" now am pretty sure they will "try" to sell this at $1,199 plus shipping...time will tell...and how long it will take them to put up preorders, but again...at $1,199...I will have to pass, unfortunatly.....I REALLY HOPE to be wrong.

1500 yes I believe that- will not sell many but production will be low anyhow

Surprised that they are talking that much cash, more than double the delorean. Crazy. If this is true I wish they would skimp a little on what's under the hood and focus on what will be visible 98% of the time like what HT did with the delorean. If people want to customize from that point on let them. I really didn't think they would go over a grand. Will have to think on it, but I might tap out at that price and save the real estate.

Surprised that they are talking that much cash, more than double the delorean. Crazy. If this is true I wish they would skimp a little on what's under the hood and focus on what will be visible 98% of the time like what HT did with the delorean. If people want to customize from that point on let them. I really didn't think they would go over a grand. Will have to think on it, but I might tap out at that price and save the real estate.

Good post.

Who will open the hood anyway ??

Glad I'm only in it for the four pack. No way I could spend over a grand on a car I don't even have room to display.

Same here. I already had a hard enough time not wanting to spend $900 in one swoop on the four pack, so just opted for the three pack. Hopefully I can pick up Winston later on for a decent price.

$1500 for ECTO-1?

tenor.gif

if this does end up almost $1500 im out of this license. will sell the figures as soon as they come, only bought them to go with the car not the other way round

PO starts next month

:yess:

Blitzway on the Facebook chat told me the following about the Ecto-1 pre-order: "Not fixet yet. Probably in several months after we prepare production. Thanks."

$1500 is too much for this. Plus shipping, it's close to or over (shipping to Europe) $1600. It's pretty much priced out of the market. I was expecting $750 - $1200 max to keep interested buyers. Shame, it's a work of art.

Watch this be worth $2500 in a few years. :lol

Make only 500 or 1000, number them with some fancy plaque/stand, remote controlled lights, siren, and maybe toss in something else. Make it a real collectible for that price.

More importantly, where are my ****ing busters.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Anyone guess higher than $1200? If not I'm a winner winner chicken dinner. lol Sucks though, because they've priced this right out of most collectors hands.

I got these ecto's for the meantime. :)

Last edited:

Those Elite ECTO-1a's are hard to track down now. They must of sold a limited number at the time as there are hardly any on the second hand market. I spotted a brand new one in Germany...but the fella wants 325 GBP for it! I have the Lego one which is pretty much bang on to be honest. Much better then Lego's attempt at a Delorean.

Back