Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

I just realized the placard says Q4 2018. When I saw it earlier my brain just registered 2017.

Ugh. . . it's a shame they couldn't have been working on this side by side in production with the figures. Perhaps they didn't pull the trigger on development until they saw that the figure pre-order was a success.

Also when has blitzway EVER met it's targeted release date? Making cool stuff and then delaying it is becoming what they are known for. This thing will likely dip well into 2019....

I just realized the placard says Q4 2018. When I saw it earlier my brain just registered 2017.

Ugh. . . it's a shame they couldn't have been working on this side by side in production with the figures. Perhaps they didn't pull the trigger on development until they saw that the figure pre-order was a success.

Getting these four figures and this car out in year would have been a major accomplishment that i doubt even HT could have pulled off. Hulkbuster has been two years so far and most of HT new releases are a year or more out. I think they have spent the last year working on the details of the car, how to have it made, how to ship it, etc before putting it up for order.

Don't forget. Not even an established company like Mattel could get a significantly smaller scale ecto-1 to production. Same with Hot Toys and the 66 batmobile. Don't hold your breath freaks. Even if this thing makes production, it'll be a ways off.

Don't forget. Not even an established company like Mattel could get a significantly smaller scale ecto-1 to production. Same with Hot Toys and the 66 batmobile. Don't hold your breath freaks. Even if this thing makes production, it'll be a ways off.

Wow. Cruel.:lol

Playmobil managed one. :monkey1

And speaking of Playmobil...

it's too toyish I think its just too clean maybe

I think the problem is that the plastic looks like it's moulded in the final colour, rather than painted.

So the more you look at it the cheaper each element appears.

But then I thought that all of Hot Toys Batmobiles looked like cheap overgrown toys.

As did trendmasters, and kenner. Time will tell.

Where's that hot toys millennium falcon?

You guys are crazy, the delay till Q4 2018 is a good thing!.Financially speaking. If you just dropped 1k on all four Ghostbusters, your going to need another year to save for the Ecto. It can get quite stressful trying to work out how to afford all these nice things sometimes. As pathetic as that sounds.

You guys are crazy, the delay till Q4 2018 is a good thing!.Financially speaking. If you just dropped 1k on all four Ghostbusters, your going to need another year to save for the Ecto. It can get quite stressful trying to work out how to afford all these nice things sometimes. As pathetic as that sounds.

I got the money already.

Man I really have to stop coming back to this thread ! I'd already convinced myself I'm fine with just the figures.

But these photos........

Is it up for pre-order yet ??

cedfcc24ce203cd7cf38f83f0629e2e4.jpg

Ok so I just watch Marlo's video and the lady says it's around about $1000!
Not sure if this was posted!

Take notice Howard. The only thing that could have beat blitzway's ecto 1 is the 66 Batmobile. There's definitely competition for 1:6 dollars now Hot Toys. My top 4 cars for me is 66 batmobile, 89 batmobile, ecto 1, and delorean. Canceled my delorean after version 2 shown. Hopefully Howard doesn't shelve that one also.

Even if I was collecting the figures $1,000 before shipping seems really high. I don't think I could bring myself to spend that on it. People complain about Hot Toys pricing, they did the 89 Batmobile, the Tumbler, and the DeLorean for far under under $1,000 each. This maybe has some more detailing but still.

If the starting point is $1,000 I'm out. I think even at a total of $1,000 I'm out. It isn't even about the money, but about what the money is going towards. I love GB, but a grand for toys. Damn First World problems.

$1,000 would be okay if it looked $1,000.

But the promo photos make it look $500 tops.

GeneralZod's closer photo illustrates what I mean. It just doesn't scream 'high-end' like the figures, unless, of course, this isn't how the finished article is going to be.

97e99b4663741397f054cae5f155398a.jpg

Even if I was collecting the figures $1,000 before shipping seems really high. I don't think I could bring myself to spend that on it. People complain about Hot Toys pricing, they did the 89 Batmobile, the Tumbler, and the DeLorean for far under under $1,000 each. This maybe has some more detailing but still.

Exactly , the 89 batmobile isnt that different to this. High percentage of the car is a large Body mould, the extras on the top of Ecto-1 aint as busy as the delorean was, no way does this cost $$$ to make. The flashing lights & stuff are nothing special, those packs dont come with it so dont let that make it look more expensive. Same discussion is happening about the JL batmobile with rumours of that gonna cost $2K its just mental

20246432_1374090159311250_1016477865058854924_n.jpg

$1,000 would be okay if it looked $1,000.

But the promo photos make it look $500 tops.

GeneralZod's closer photo illustrates what I mean. It just doesn't scream 'high-end' like the figures, unless, of course, this isn't how the finished article is going to be.

97e99b4663741397f054cae5f155398a.jpg

And... That is why they don't have the figures posed with the car. It will look even more toyish with the figures next to it.

Back