Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Here's another photo that barely shows anything. His jaw looks great. Lol. Original photo was taken by Hai Lim.
1d262d7ef4f1d60d5f8bb66000879b5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures and ECTO-1

Not a good look at the figure but that pic gives you a good idea how huge the ecto is.

As did trendmasters, and kenner. Time will tell.

Where's that hot toys millennium falcon?

Thank gods that looks to be never being made. If it did I do not think I would be able to resist it or pay the undoubtably high price asked for it :rotfl

This vehicle though looks amazing. I am not a huge enough GB fan to desire it on day one, but as a geek and pop culture freak I would not say no to this taking place in the centre of a collection room or man cave on its own. It just looks impressive.

If people think that a fully detailed,built up,working lights,opening door...five of them and in 1/6 scale is way over the top at $950/1000, just look up resin/metal model kits of exoctic cars like Ferraris,Porsches,Aston Martins,Corvettes,etc,etc....$700 and up...in 1/18 or 1/12 scale...or...one of the few 1/8 Pochers model kits...$600/1000, you can rest assured that this 1/6 Ecto-1 will be going to scale model cars collectors and movie memorabilia enthusiasts, not only figure collectors. This is indeed an huge model and with a lot of details...in one of the photos you can see they even did the muffler system under the car, engine detail and bracing under the hood...areas that "could" have been omited to make the model less complicate for production and probably less expensive, but I am very happy Blitzway took the high detail route to do justice to this Icon of automobilia. About production and quality control, I think there should be no problem. Also I believe the Ecto-1 prototype shown is painted...not molded white plastic....look at one of the closeup pictures of the front fender..right side...you can clearly see somo spots of "orange peel" in the white finish.

I'm extremely excited to add the Ecto to my collection, right next to the Delorean. Also hoping people take some good pictures of the figures. Seems like Blitzway is slowly revealing them over the course of SDCC.

Also I believe the Ecto-1 prototype shown is painted...not molded white plastic....look at one of the closeup pictures of the front fender..right side...you can clearly see somo spots of "orange peel" in the white finish.

The body work does look painted. It has a higher quality finish than much of the rest of the car, which leads me to believe this is an unfinished prototype.

You can see the difference with the lower quality appearance of the greeblies, framework, light rack, and so on.

97e99b4663741397f054cae5f155398a.jpg

And under the bonnet the unfinished appearance of the engine mountings, car framework and bonnet catch.

d61395ef685ccbd02d9b4b3ef4f1dba1.jpg

With Blitzway's track record these things will no doubt be addressed later, and the car will be up to the standard of their prototype figures.

car looks great...where are my busters though?!

I think it looks great, I am considering it...

Same. I do not have something even close to this in my collection and not that big of a GB fan but this piece just screams centrepiece to me. I'd find the room for it or get it still and store it nicely so its there when I need it.

The thought of international shipping on this thing though scares me :horror

this is two years away....proto is not even complete

That's nice and all, but do we have an update on the figures?

:lecture This is what I'm waiting for to. The car is too big for most of us to display and will be a good 18 months from release. It's the figures we really need a better look at IF they are the final production pieces.

Wonder why they're choosing to showcase Venkman with the car? Ray was usually the driver. :lol

Or at least Winston driving with Rey as the passenger. "Ray has it ever occurred to you, that maybe the reason we've been so busy lately is because the dead HAVE been rising from the grave?"

Sounds like the figures should be released next month, according to Timewalker.

Has anyone seen any of the 4-pack with bonus slimer, barricade & GB sign still available for pre order?

In one of the vidoes somewhere didnt a staff member say they are shipping to suppliers at the end of the month.

For me there are 2 potential reasons why they didn't show the figures at SDCC.

1. To avoid comparison pics of "latest" SDCC pics vs in-hand pics in a few weeks.

2. These are pretty much sold out everywhere. So they would want to simply avoid people asking "where can i get these" ?

Put all the focus on the new product. Ecto 1.

Back