Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because collectors spend lots of time and money accumulating this stuff and it's not only a slap in the face to them, but also completely undermines the pizzaz and value of the collectibles themselves. See HT MK 47, Sideshow Grievous, etc etc for reference. Reissues diminish the fun of collecting, the collectibles aren't as special anymore.

Nobody is entitled to buy whatever they want whenever they want at retail. The run sells through and that should be it. After that go find it third party if you want it badly enough. I want a '63 split window Corvette but Chevy won't make me one and nobody out there will sell me one for the $4k it cost in 1963. So boo hoo for me, if I want one I have to work my @ss off to pay for it.

I have to respectfully disagree here. Personally, I do not mind if something is reissued and how it affects the value of my own toy. Comparing this to a car is not the fairest comparison. Maybe more like a book... which gets more printings.

Reissue in this case has nothing to do with entitlement. Reissue is a manufacturer choice, wanting to make more money on its items. And no one is entitled to a limited run unless the run was specifically designated and promoted as such.

I'm of the mind, as long as I can get one, I am happy. The more the merrier.

I seriously doubt they will reissue the 84 car but i don't care if they do because the value doesn't matter to me. I am never selling the car or figures. 84 Ghostbusters was my all time favorite movie and i'm very happy to have them.

The car is for hardcore ghostbusters fans anyway, the price tag is high so they will not sell very many. It's massive, ridiculously heavy and it will be very expensive. Prices on everything has gone up a lot since the last one went up for order. So i would expect at least a $2000 price tag with shipping. UNLESS they simplify it and get rid of the opening hood, engine, lighten it up, etc to bring down the price.

Figures will be interesting to see if they make any since according to this announcement it's just the car.

The Ecto-1 is so over scaled. I can't unsee it.
I won't buy it because it's just huge looking next to the figures, so am a little disappointed about that.

These things are mass produced toys- assume everything will be reissued/improved at some point.
There's no value in this plastic stuff but fun and nostalgia. Seriously, get some perspective on this.

I sure wouldn't mind new versions of the GB 1 with dirtier looking suits and different expressions, less serious, maybe surprised or confused. That'd be cool, but I'm not counting on it.

I have to respectfully disagree here. Personally, I do not mind if something is reissued and how it affects the value of my own toy. Comparing this to a car is not the fairest comparison. Maybe more like a book... which gets more printings.

Reissue in this case has nothing to do with entitlement. Reissue is a manufacturer choice, wanting to make more money on its items. And no one is entitled to a limited run unless the run was specifically designated and promoted as such.

I'm of the mind, as long as I can get one, I am happy. The more the merrier.

Just to be clear, my comment on entitlement was not directed specifically at you. It was more in reference to comments I see here and elsewhere online whining about aftermarket prices and so called "scalpers". I don't think selling pieces out of your collection for the going rate is in any way out of line.

We will have to generally disagree about reissues of older releases, I really despise the practice and do not feel it's good for the hobby. Reissues are one of the primary reasons I'm planning to cut way back on 1/6 going forward and dabble more into some of the higher end stuff. But I'll always collect 1/6 on some level I think, it's the best scale for a license like Star Wars.

Would love another chance at getting the original figures if re-issues were in the works. only grabbed a Venkman on the secondary market for a good price but definitely wouldn't hesitate on all 4 like I did the first time.

Would love another chance at getting the original figures if re-issues were in the works. only grabbed a Venkman on the secondary market for a good price but definitely wouldn't hesitate on all 4 like I did the first time.
Yep, same. Figured they'd be around a lot longer than they were. Got priced out fast. On a four-figure set it happens quick.

Expressions I'd like to see:

Ray seeing Slimer for the first time

Egon - "this looks extraordinarily bad"

Venkman - "that's the one that got me" (slimed version)

Venkman regular - "Are you from around here? Originally?"

As an owner of the special 4 pack purchased when it first came out I could care less if they re-issue this. It was a child-hood dream come true when Blitzway put up the teasers and then the po. It will never leave my collection and if others who missed out (because they were not collecting then...or for whatever reason) and they can get this now...good on them!

I just hope that Blitzway does dip into GB2 and releases other versions of the OG team too! Win win for all GB 1:6 fans

Attachments

• C162A644-44D0-43A2-A4D5-AE5D322353B8.jpeg
    C162A644-44D0-43A2-A4D5-AE5D322353B8.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 24
The Ecto-1 is so over scaled. I can't unsee it.
I won't buy it because it's just huge looking next to the figures, so am a little disappointed about that.

These things are mass produced toys- assume everything will be reissued/improved at some point.
There's no value in this plastic stuff but fun and nostalgia. Seriously, get some perspective on this.
The car is pretty huge in real life though. It's just the inaccuracies of the Roof rack and the body (like the headlights aren't that huge) that made me uncomfortable to spend so much money on the last version. It even had it's own QC problems, like when you turn on the sirens, you hear a loud grinding noise of the gears because of the spinning lights in side the light bars. Just so many problems with the car it's not even funny.

The car is pretty huge in real life though. It's just the inaccuracies of the Roof rack and the body (like the headlights aren't that huge) that made me uncomfortable to spend so much money on the last version. It even had it's own QC problems, like when you turn on the sirens, you hear a loud grinding noise of the gears because of the spinning lights in side the light bars. Just so many problems with the car it's not even funny.
True but the lights and sirens don't bother much as i don't use the electronics on 99% of my collection. Just the fact that we got an Ecto-1 in sixth scale was enough for me. I'll have to really think if i really want a beat up version that might cost more than the orginal.

Then will Blitzway make another version of the car if there is a sequel? I'm sure it would be completely overhauled and filled with a ton of high tech gadgets since Winston has the money to make it into Ghostbusting Batmobile.

Yeah even after slowing mine down the motor noise is still pretty distracting. I wish they had come up with a solution just using chaser lights or something, like I've seen people do with the smaller model kits.

Unfortunately I don't see them making any improvements for the new version.

Back