Blade TV Series **Spoilers**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheObsoleteMan said:
With the budgetary and time constraints of a tv series, I doubt you'd get a lot of elaborate, stunt filled fight scenes no matter who's playing Blade.

I also thought the fights on the show were a tad clunky at times, but I'm sure that will improve if it stays on the air on long enough.

Highlander was fairly low budget and the fights scenes were pretty good overall IMHO. The trick was to choose a star who did have martial arts experience - there of plenty of actors with martial arts skills who aren't "big names".

Darklord Dave said:
Lycans? Like from Underworld? I didn't hear that it all. I thought the lead vamp was the House of Cthon?

They metioned Lycans (thanks for the spelling) around 2 or 3 times, both me and my fiance caught it. But it was never elaborated on, I'm thinking there will be werewolves somewhere down the line... or at least that's what I'm hoping for :D

LordAzrael said:
Highlander was fairly low budget and the fights scenes were pretty good overall IMHO. The trick was to choose a star who did have martial arts experience - there of plenty of actors with martial arts skills who aren't "big names".

yup!! thats why i keep saying Michael Jai White should've been chosen. hello!! does anyone remember Spawn?? or Universal Soldier The Return??

**I'll give mad props to someone that can name the movie he was in that had an Avenger in it**

hairlesswookiee said:
**I'll give mad props to someone that can name the movie he was in that had an Avenger in it**

He was in Kill Bill vol.2 w/ Uma Thurman...

His scene was fantastic, it showed him and Bill fighting...

Unfortunately...the scene was cut.

Last edited:
Giant Chicken said:
He was in Kill Bill vol.2 w/ Uma Thurman...

His scene was fantastic, it showed him and Bill fighting...

Unfortunately...the scene was cut.

nope, thats not the movie i was referring to. and that scene was awesoome!! too bad it was cut out.

hairlesswookiee said:
nope, thats not the movie i was referring to. and that scene was awesoome!! too bad it was cut out.

Well then I will have to give myself "mad" props because that WAS a movie he was in with an Avenger....:)

I was really annoyed about Blade getting his butt kick a few times by regular vampires. He should be better than that! And you guys are right his acting sucks big time.

ta2215 said:
I was really annoyed about Blade getting his butt kick a few times by regular vampires. He should be better than that! And you guys are right his acting sucks big time.

That was what annoyed me a little as well. Regular vampires should as squatting flies to Blade! I was thinking "man, if he has this much trouble with those, what 'll happen when one of those bosses/leaders come in!?"

But I must say, I was pleasantly surprised by the whole. The acting wasn't really good but really bad neither. I thought with the music and the dark atmosphere and all, the whole was quite nice. Am actually looking forward to the next one!

ta2215 said:
The vampires being dispatched so easily in the movies bugged me. Vampires are supposed to be immortal, difficult to destroy monsters, not cannon fodder. I hope the vamps in the tv series continue to be an actual threat.

TheObsoleteMan said:
The vampires being dispatched so easily in the movies bugged me. Vampires are supposed to be immortal, difficult to destroy monsters, not cannon fodder. I hope the vamps in the tv series continue to be an actual threat.

I like the opportunity that regular vampires bring for Blade to show some kick a$$ moves and his tough guy humor and sarcasm. I know the regular vampires are monsters but most of them are just dumb and decadent not real fighters, they should not be able to kick Blade ass that much. That way it is much better when he faces a real bad a$$ vampire!!!

Well, should be a new episode on tonight. Interested to see how the follow-up the pilot. I'm still optimistic, and it helps not having high expectations :monkey3

Back