Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017) *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Blade Runner 2049 (October 6th, 2017)

I do want one of those guns.

Loved the way K popped people with efficiency and precision. Never saw anything like that in the first.

I do want one of those guns.

Loved the way K popped people with efficiency and precision. Never saw anything like that in the first.

Yeah that was crazy cool....well
If Roy used a gun, I am sure we would have seen some stuff....

As it was he was pretty brutal with his bare hands....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's why Deckard ain't a replicant.

Speaking of Batty. While I think 2049 is superior to the first one in every way, Roy Batty is waaaay better than Wallace and Luv. No contest. Batty was the best character in Blade runner.

Yeah, that's why Deckard ain't a replicant.

Speaking of Batty. While I think 2049 is superior to the first one in every way, Roy Batty is waaaay better than Wallace and Luv. No contest. Batty was the best character in Blade runner.

I have always maintained that was Hauers film....not Harrison's....

Although I loved the new film, the Bad "girl" was good....but no Batty

I just saw a commercial for 2049 that said its the #1 movie worldwide.

Is this movie doing well overseas? Or was it a blatant lie?

That's just a blanket accolade, could mean anything, #1 movie in the world in people walking out or something, stuff like that.

You usually see that accolade when a movie needs a boost at the box office.

Any company picking up the 1/6 license for this?

That's just a blanket accolade, could mean anything, #1 movie in the world in people walking out or something, stuff like that.

You usually see that accolade when a movie needs a boost at the box office.

This movie doesn't need a boost, it needs neo.

hMv5RDO.png

Re: Denis Villeneuve to direct new Blade Runner film

Did Joi really love K, or was it just her programming to "care" about the average Joe?

I couldn't tell if the advertisement as he's was walking on the bridge infuriated him because he came to the realization that nothing was real, or that he was grieving and that ad was a reminder that he lost her.

I think it can go either way depending on how you feel about her and K's relationship up to that point. If you did not buy their closeness up to that point you can then right it off as completely one sided on his part, but if you bought into it then you could view it as him realising he already lost someone close and so has the option now to make things right and make sure that his loss was not in vain.

Personally I think they cared about each other in their own way. She has a programme yes, but I think that she became close to him over time the more they interacted with each other and she saw how much he wanted to please her and be around her, so in a way she became more self aware. Its up to the viewer though how much of that is just pre programmed or her being this way of her own free will.

That's the beauty of this film. Discussion will never answer definitively what was really going on.

And it applies to every character....did any of them really do what they were doing out of free will?

Do any of us?

Is there really free will? Or are we all collecting because of a deep-seeded need to control our environment and relive happy moments of our past?

" I need my pain! It defines who we are!"

2049 my favorite film of the year...will not be beat...even if JLA ,TR, or SWTLJ have nude sex scenes with their hottest actresses...period...even if both porgs gang**** rey

Back