BLACKBOX 1/6 Rocketeer BBT9023A/B

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To those who own this figure, does the jacket feel like real leather? I'm looking into getting this and it's advertised as having a "Tan cowhide leather jacket"

Thanks in advance

I don’t think it’s real leather but it’s surely a good quality pleather that should last a while. Very soft to the touch and very “hydrated”.

Leather feels thin to me. I have to idea how long it will last...but what options are there. Medicom were poor quality.

Be careful posing the Pleather as it will crease faster and damage it by the fold.

I was able to get a second leather and a le to do 2 Rocketeers. So far so good, but having experience with the Pleather, they deteriorate quickly. Find some leather acrylic paints, and you'll be fine

r122.jpg

r222.jpg

r323.jpg

r421.jpg

r521.jpg

r620.jpg

r719.jpg

r820.jpg

r916.jpg

r1016.jpg

r1114.jpg

One of the nicest things about collecting is seeing others displaying. These pics you took makes this thing look outstanding and I sometimes need others to take pics to make me appreciate it.

While the sculpt could be better like most things, this is the best representation. That helmeted pics from those various angles makes this look beyond amazing.

I was able to get pieces to make a second Rocketeer to have a helmeted off version without the Rocketpack. Just amazing. Makes me want to go play and display him now and move him to my glass cabinet.

Just amazing pics.

I'm looking for a Rocketeer for the shelf, and seeing whats out there. Is this or the Medicom the one to have?

Thanks!

I have the Medicom 2.5 version and didn't feel the need to get this figure, although I do think the proportions look better on the Blackbox (and it comes with a head sculpt. I did pick up some loose bits to possibly upgrade the Medicom, though.

I bought the Blackbox to serve as a back up for my Medicom 2.5 Rocketeer. I think the Medicom helmet is superior, though the tailoring and body on the Blackbox may be better.

I'm looking for a Rocketeer for the shelf, and seeing whats out there. Is this or the Medicom the one to have?

Thanks!
I like the medicom version better except for the jacket. I didn't buy the blackbox figure only the jacket and put it on my medicom figure. I ended up buying a whole second outfit as well. I love what blackbox did with the jacket.

IMG-5182.jpg

I like the medicom version better except for the jacket. I didn't buy the blackbox figure only the jacket and put it on my medicom figure. I ended up buying a whole second outfit as well. I love what blackbox did with the jacket.

IMG-5182.jpg
Is this the medicom? I though the head would look too big due to the smaller body.

Man my medicom jackets all gone i hope the rivers still in the plastic bag i used to hold the figure

Is this the medicom? I though the head would look too big due to the smaller body.

Man my medicom jackets all gone i hope the rivers still in the plastic bag i used to hold the figure

This is the medicom clothes (Except the jacket) on an updated body.

I "finally" bit the bullet and ordered this figure (regular version, as I don't like the flame base.) Got it for a crazy deal from the online shop that shall not be named... It may be a risky venture but the figure was in stock and the price was too good to skip. Let's hope all goes smoothly.

I plan on displaying this one without the helmet and my Medicom 2.5 in a flying pose.

c6561a15daa536be6a3727d67e4f40ed.jpg

The left is the one with everything medicom except the jacket with an upgraded body. The only thing that looked small was the rocketpack but I still like medicom's over blackbox's.
How you removed the straps on the rocket of medicom?

Back