BLACKBOX 1/6 Rocketeer BBT9023A/B

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How you removed the straps on the rocket of medicom?

The top buckle you just slide the strap out. The bottom buckle you have to push the sides of the harness to give it enough slack to lift one side of the buckle and unattach it from the other side.

review-rocketeer2-11.jpg

(Photo MCWTOYS)

The top buckle you just slide the strap out. The bottom buckle you have to push the sides of the harness to give it enough slack to lift one side of the buckle and unattach it from the other side.

review-rocketeer2-11.jpg

(Photo MCWTOYS)
So the medicom straps arent broken yet or did you use the bb straps?

My "Rocketeer" figure arrived earlier today and it is in minty fresh shape.

I have to admit that I ordered from TW and they shipped it out immediately via DHL, arriving in just "4" days. It was on sale and with the discount shipping code, was a fantastic deal.

I've already reviewed this thread and will definitely be trying out the helmet mod to shape it better. I'll also look into adding some slight weathering to the rocket backpack via a pin wash to highlight the details.

Black Box Rocketeer sm.jpg

My "Rocketeer" figure arrived earlier today and it is in minty fresh shape.

I have to admit that I ordered from TW and they shipped it out immediately via DHL, arriving in just "4" days. It was on sale and with the discount shipping code, was a fantastic deal.

I've already reviewed this thread and will definitely be trying out the helmet mod to shape it better. I'll also look into adding some slight weathering to the rocket backpack via a pin wash to highlight the details.

View attachment 655979
I've yet to do the helmet hot water mod. Let us know how you get on.

Just got this guy in hand. I love the movie and when I found a deal on him I had to pull the trigger. He's decent except for the grossly over sized helmet ( as everyone says ). I don't even think the hot water pinching helps much ( though it did a little ) Anybody know of someone doing a 3-D print of it at about 95%?
Had to add Betty Page.....

Attachments

• rocketerr.jpg
    rocketerr.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
I thought the Figure was great mi us the helmet.

it would be nice if I found a 3rd party helmet. I also have the Medicom, but slightly too small.

The unmasked head, while no hottoys, not a complete disaster.

I thought the Figure was great mi us the helmet.

it would be nice if I found a 3rd party helmet. I also have the Medicom, but slightly too small.

The unmasked head, while no hottoys, not a complete disaster.
i dont know what to do with the medicom..just sitting in a container waiting for his appointment with the toy doctor lol. had to out him in a bag in case the buttons come off.

Guys i decided to just repaint the medicom suit with angelus primer and leather paint but need to know which color is close to the original movie. i goggled seems the original outfit has lighter brown while the 3rd parties uses darker brown?

i am looking at Vachetta, Caramel or sachel tan but it is so difficult to tell how they look from the internet i wonder if it is a good match?

Picked up the black box. Did the heat trick on the helmet. Didn't even bother with the front of the jacket until I get a button tool.

View attachment 654457
did you get the button tool and what is it? the regular is on discounts but how hard is it to remove and put back the buttons onto the front piece? could have just used simple magnets...

I switched my Medicom over to a taller 1/6 body a while ago, and I think the proportions still work fairly well. The helmet might be a bit small, but that's definitely better than being massively oversized. So I'm hoping the helmet will work just as well on the new Blackbox figure.

View attachment 578425
what body is good for medicom?

I saw this threat pop back up. I actually went nuts with Rocketeer.

I have 2 Black Box Rocketeer's, Deluxe and Regular, 2 RAH's Rocketeer Version 1 and 2.5, and a Custom BlackBox Rocketeer without the jetpack.

I ended up with 5 Rocketter's somehow...lol

I just realized it when looking at my collection.

Have yet done anything with my Black Box Rocketeer, Deluxe except open the figure and look at it .
Loved the comic since the day it débuted , gonna have to scroll back and check on the helmet mod .

If anyone was curious, here's how the Medicom jetpack compares with the new one. I'm by no means an expert on Rocketeer props and costumes, but to my eye the Medicom looks miles better and more accurate compared to the Blackbox which seems too flat and wide. So it's probably the one I'll stick with, even if it might be a bit small on the figure.

View attachment 579707

And here's a quick mockup with the Medicom helmet on. I haven't gone through the trouble of attaching the front flap yet, and there's a ton of work I need to do on this, but I'm pretty happy with the overall proportions. (Sorry, not trying to rub it in for people who don't own the Medicom figure).

View attachment 579712

View attachment 579713
Wow ! That backpack and helmet blow away Black Box's !

Nope, it's the medicom rocketpack and harness.
just removed all the pleather on the medicom including the ones on the backpack. flaked off like powder.

i gathered them all:
IMG_20240214_165125.jpg

Now i might have lost 1 silver stud around the jetpack, i have 7, 6 along the top and 1 on the side so i might be missing 1 stud. could you check yours?

also the medicom arm broke off, not sure i can fix it. are there any body that is compatible with the medicom outfit? The original neck is also much smaller than normal 1/6 how did you swap the head up?

IMG_20240214_165143.jpg

I have the Medicom 2.5 version and didn't feel the need to get this figure, although I do think the proportions look better on the Blackbox (and it comes with a head sculpt. I did pick up some loose bits to possibly upgrade the Medicom, though.
have you upgraded the medicom. the arm in mine broke when i tried to remove the jacket since the zipper is sewn i had to roll the arm upwards...

i
Sorry it's been so long I can't remember what I used. Probably just a generic narrow shoulder body though. I doubt I would have splurged on anything more for this.
just removed the outfit and broke the arm when turning it upwards. dont think i can fix it back from where it is broken.

did you use the whole head including neck of the medicom, as i noticed the neck seems much narrower than the ones we see on standard 1/6.

i need to know if i need a necked or neckless body and since medicom outfit are tight i wonder if the normal bodies would be too buff esp the pants...

i only want 1 rocketeer so i cant just buy a black box since the medicom is now trashed. i want to repaint the outfit and replace the body.

Back